imjj Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Lost City , i am Lost :cool:
  • kuserozu
    kuserozu Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    which is the difference between west pvp and east pvp?

i have lag in west...i dunno what to choose.
  • koolk
    koolk Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    PvE for me. I intend to keep this game as my casual relaxing game. Dont' want to encounter PvP problems of any sort. :(
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm thinking I might go to the PVP server, for the traditional gameplay. In the MY servers, I never got attacked much. But then again, this server is made specifically for PVP. So there might be more danger.

I want to make an archer this time. I did hear they were good at PVP, but I'd most likely suck at it no matter what class I played. Just a guess. Though I'd probably still go PVP.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kuserozu wrote: »
    which is the difference between west pvp and east pvp?

i have lag in west...i dunno what to choose.

They solved your dilemna for you : There will be only one PvP server for open beta.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • c453m4573r
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmmm.. I really can't make up my mind for which server I wanna join now.
    The feel of open PVP would be cool I guess, but I tend to go AFK sometimes and leave my character in a non safe zone. I'm not really sure how much I'd need to watch my back. I'm not sure how much I'd be pk'd... I hope I don't get attacked to much to level or do quests.
  • theneedle
    theneedle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm....I guess i'll go PvP
  • lyterz
    lyterz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The PvP hands down. It will eventually dry up as higher level characters get better and better.... Plus, its exciting, isn't it, watching your back and wandering... It keeps the game a little more interesting as time goes by, allows for room for... assasinations and such...
  • c453m4573r
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Something just came to me. I might actually g to the PVE (Optional PVP) server. Because I'm beginning to think that everyone who even goes to this server will be a mage or an archer. There won't be many barbarians, blademasters, or many venos on the server, will there?
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    Something just came to me. I might actually g to the PVE (Optional PVP) server. Because I'm beginning to think that everyone who even goes to this server will be a mage or an archer. There won't be many barbarians, blademasters, or many venos on the server, will there?

There might be more archers and mages but I doubt it'll be that much different from PvE.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    There won't be many barbarians, blademasters, or many venos on the server, will there?

There's actually a lot of BM/Wb, but WF isn't very popular. I think a lot of people who don't cash shop may reroll to WF though.

The only class that seems stupidly numerous is archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • c453m4573r
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ren wrote: »
    There's actually a lot of BM/Wb, but WF isn't very popular. I think a lot of people who don't cash shop may reroll to WF though.

The only class that seems stupidly numerous is archer.

That sucks too. Because I want to be an archer in this version. I've always been fascinated with PW archers. They're just SO cool! :(
  • c453m4573r
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm.. Honestly, I'll only be playing an hour or so a day. Three or four on weekends. Should I go to the PVE server then?
  • fayted
    fayted Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have no clue which one I'll be on. I won't be able to play much due to college and a complicated schedule. I haven't had a problem with anyone PKing me YET. But I haven't been level 30 for very long. My current guild is probably going to be on PvP and they're a pretty funny bunch. But some of my non-guild friends are thinking of switching to PvE due to troubles with PKers. So it's a tough decision for me...
  • dristan
    dristan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I made a friend who wants to go to the pvp server so I'm going there. Although originally I wanted to go PvE so I don't have to worry about some ******* buring away my hp heiro becuase he just felt like it. I'm strict about money so that's a problem. IF ONLY THERE WAS A WAY TO TURN OFF HIERO *HINT HINT!!!*
  • dayzd
    dayzd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Am I the only person that's never been killed by a uber high level or just a complete random person?

It's interesting hearing these stories because this **** never happens to me. From 2Moons, Rohan, Cabal, MY-EN, and MY-CN, the only times I was ever attacked by someone was either because..

A. I had a grudge with the person.
    B. Was in a rival guild.

For all of these carebears who are crying about how random high levels pk lowbies, that doesn't happen. You just like to build up scenarios in your head and think of how bad they can be instead of just playing the game on how it's meant to be played.
  • rax
    rax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    High lvl do randomly pk lowbies. Anyone who was on oracle for awhile can remember Inflamez's 2 week PK spree on any level. I think a lvl 9x wb hunting Heros tomb counts as a high lvl ganking lowbies. Then theres the 76ep killing lvl30 on same server. It does happen just not as much as some say it does. But on a server without alot of sheep for the wolves to hunt could turn into mordred from DAoC.
  • hellzwrath
    hellzwrath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    PvP server for me, think i'd rather be able to kill some1 ks-ing me instead of saying ''hey im pissed lets duel'' lol
  • ethereal
    ethereal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Haven't quite decided just yet. Have friends that plan on using the PVE servers and others using the PVP servers, which is the only reason I'm still debating between the two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • piebandit
    piebandit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
  • ishtori
    ishtori Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No real difference in PvE or PvP server except for one thing. PvP server PK is forced past level 30.

Judging from some of these replies, I tend to say I want to go to PvE server. I don't mind PK or being PKed, but seeing as how the PKer usually like to say offensive things like calling people carebear or what not on this game, PvP server starts to feel like a turn off.

I like competitions against other players, however being ganked by some people much higher level cuz of their whims is rather... dull. Maybe I'll play PvP server in the end, who knows. I play with a friend in MMO usually, and she does not enjoy PK much even though she like fair PvP against others. I basically go along with whatever she does because I don't need PK to enjoy a game, but I am fine with PK too. (BTW red = dead, lol j/k)
  • direscythe
    direscythe Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    All the players who aren't good at PVP will opt to play on the free PVP (or PK) servers - they got that element of surprise on their side. The true PVP is at the consented PVP (or PVE) servers. I will be on the PVE server for this reason. I can't wait for Tues @ 2!
  • darknin
    darknin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    direscythe wrote: »
    All the players who aren't good at PVP will opt to play on the free PVP (or PK) servers - they got that element of surprise on their side. The true PVP is at the consented PVP (or PVE) servers. I will be on the PVE server for this reason. I can't wait for Tues @ 2!

lol yes but if you find a guild then when you get PK'ed it will be WAR!!!!:D so im really looking forward to PvP. but im not gonna kill random people lower then me because im not like that:D
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    but im not gonna kill random people lower then me because im not like that
    dont worry the random higher people will come to kill you because they are like that :D:D:D
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • bruin
    bruin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »
    Or you can spend $0 real life money, become the most famous PKer in the history of Delphi, and sell your account for $250.

I wonder who the real winner is?

Suck it, carebear. qq.

The difference being that there can only be 1 top PKer on the server while there can be thousands of kiddies with money to blow. Not a good argument to make to justify your point of view honestly.

My guild is going PvE although I will have PvP characters as that is more my cup of tea. To some people, friends > PK.

I will be flagged most of the time on the PvE server so if anyone feels ducky... take a shot.
  • myp
    myp Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    PvP (ten simbols) ;)
    Here I should write nicknames of my chars in other games, but I'm too lazy.
  • sabriel
    sabriel Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Pvp is the best way to play the game :) You get pissed at someone.. Just go pk them :D your useless is over :)
  • smoker
    smoker Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Basically

PK = PK all the time and anytime, you are going to face PK alot sooner or later. If you don't think you are then you're pretty stupid when I'm there ganking you 10 time a row in a day. If not then you're nobody, nobody even notice you, where the hell are you? I would of PK you if I seen you.

PVE = PK to but not all the time, there's still going to be PK. You're a dumbass if you think there isn't. The Arena of corse going to be active over there instead in PK server.

I play on PK server because I'm not going for any endgame so i need actions now.

Endgame for PK server might have inactive Arena but mostly everyone is focus on PK drama. In PK server it is possible for 2-4 big guild to rule all the land. Just keep KOS other guild and slow down their leveling. With people that are stilling learning about the game KOS will be even more effective to them.

Endgame for PVE server will have active Arena theres, still going to be PK in there and TW will be more competitive for every faction.