Faction Base Compensation - Anyone else with Issues?

Options
alexcion
alexcion Posts: 15 Arc User
Anyone else having an issue with the merit/faction base compensation?
Now, I'm not personally having any issues because I am horrible at doing GBQ. However, I have a very good friend that was working towards 1 million merit points. These points were taken away when the guild bases "upgraded" at the beginning of this year. Some of you are aware of her and her mission as she stayed in a guild even after the guild "retired" to reach her goal. She was at approximately 980k merit when the update occurred.

Long story short - She is being told she does not have the merit to meet the minimum requirements for compensation on this character - farless what she should actually be owed.

Is anyone else not getting their owed compensation? I'm trying to figure out how widely errored their data pull was since they just keep referring to that as the be-all-end-all and oh well.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    How much contribution points did your friend have before the update? It seems they gave rewards based on contribution points and not merit and it was poorly worded in the news post, therefore if she spent them all before the update, then she wouldn't be eligible for any rewards.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • sunflower2
    sunflower2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    she didnt spend them all. she got the White faction uniform that was bought for her has a gift, as a thank you for doing guild base quest. She may of bougth some of the speed pots. But she had most of her contribution.
  • alexcion
    Options
    Poorly worded news post? That means the news post would be entirely false. Who holds contribution points to that degree? The only word used in the news post is "merit". As a matter of fact, no where in the support ticket conversations did they correct any misuse of the term "merit" and supported it by referencing their own news post.

So, while I appreciate the clarification - I believe it is in error. I will go by the news as posted as well as the conversations with at least 4 GMs (between the 2 of us) as well as one senior GM.
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    Options
    I also never received base compensation. I was nowhere near your friend's level. I had maybe 150k in merit, and unsure on contribution, but I know I hadn't spent all of it and surely had quite a lot still. I haven't bothered sending in a ticket because I know I'll either get a standardized gtfo reply or they'll tell me I'm not owed it for some reason.

One member in my faction had over a million merit, and a lot of contribution, our leader had maybe 800-900k merit, and a similar amount of contribution, yet the 1m merit friend got approximately three times the rewards our leader got. There was also a couple others like myself that got nothing but should have. Seems like rewards were all over the place, but it's hard to tell how accurate since I don't know anyone that kept themselves up to date on their contribution level numbers as opposed to merit level.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • hpw2408h#9962
    hpw2408h#9962 Posts: 26 Arc User
    Options
    ....have before the update?

Think PWE didn't check the points before the update but just took the points somewhere after the update. This means if someone was kicked out of his/her faction after the update the points didn't exist anymore.
    But maybe I'm wrong.
  • alexcion
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well, they made some type of resolution with my friend. Although, I will confirm that she didn't leave the guild that she had the merit on until after the update and after the merit was lost. So, that couldn't account for it. They did state the data pull was (I forget the exact date) in December to January 31st and that you had to log in at least 2 days during that time to qualify... My friend had perfect attendance so, of course she fit both of those qualifications.

In any case, Perfect World made it right by her. All of her other characters got the appropriate compensation. I just wanted to see how widespread this was as I had no merit to be concerned about.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Ah, I made the assumption that they had done the compensation based on contribution points since I think another thread mentioned it there. I also only got the lowest reward although I had more than enough merit to get the highest reward but had low contribution points since I had spent them long ago so I thought it was contribution-based as well. My bad if it's really based on merit and not contribution points. I guess their data pull wasn't as accurate based on some other posts I've seen.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My 66k faction base merit got me 20 Pan Gu Essence as compensation!

Well worth the weeks of dailies :D

#kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Options
    I had more than 100k merit on my main and got 1 big note and 20 Pan Gu Essence. :p
    Not even sure if it was the right reward or not...

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Options
    I didn't even got the Pan Gu Essence on my chars but accepted this could happen here in PWI. :)