Scheduled Server Maintenance [ 8/15/2017 - 11 PM PST]

Options
kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Good evening PWI players!

We will be having our regular server maintenance tonight at 11pm PST. Tonight's maintenance will have no patch, restart only!

*Tentative Duration*

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

- The PWI Crew

Tonight's Maintenance Discussion

What are your thoughts so far on the spoilers?
Tagged:

Comments

• laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    awesomness but i want more
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Options
    Spoilers are great, I just wanna know the release date
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    My thoughts are where are tonights spoilers?
  • sinchalla
    sinchalla Posts: 58 Arc User
    Options
    My thoughts are, is Faction icons tonight going to bed updated? :o Ty
  • hocic0
    hocic0 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Options
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    I very much don't like the idea of resetting arigora points, due to our low population relative to PWCN, no one will be able to recover their old scores.

In every Arigora battle total points are preserved both before and after. Everyone basically starts at 1500 points and from there points gets redistributed. That means to climb the rankings past 1500 you need to have teams that fall below 1500.

But what happened to those teams? Are they all still around? The most active week in Arigora's history was the first week when people were trying it out. Many of the teams that performed poorly in the first couple of weeks ended up quitting due to the difficulty of finding enough time to do 10 battles. The points these people sacrificed have been circulating around in the pool but they will NOT be replaced.

With fewer points to go around the average of all the teams goes down. Having a lower total average points will make it harder for everyone to farm Arigora Coins. High ratings are required to make the top rank mats. With a total reset we might be at a point where almost no one is capable of reaching the Gold rank.

This is EXACTLY what happened with Minion Battles. The top prize in Minion battles is 3k points. The first month though the very top players could only reach about 2500. Now though when activity has settled down the very top minion players are only able to reach 1800 points. This is not through lack of trying! It's like a pyramid, you need a large base in order to climb to the top. It's literally impossible to get much higher than that and the top 3 or 4 prizes are totally impossible.

If it is impossible to get a high rating then the reward is less appetizing which decreases interest which lowers participation which lowers the reward even more. It's a negative feedback loop!

If you reset Arigora scores EVERYONE's score will be lowered and it will be impossible to achieve your old average score. You might even make it impossible for anyone to farm the higher ranks of the gear (like how resets made it impossible to achieve the best prizes from minion battles).

Don't reset the points! We won't be able to recover.
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    @asterelle BUT! If they reset the points anyone will have another week of near instant fights. I like that :D being done with 15 fights in 40 minutes or 4 hours...no matter the rewards, I'd pick the first Option. Yes, if someone wants to achieve the highest rewards that would be a bad idea, however, if someone wants to have fun and enjoy the content then this would be the best idea. If someone goes beyond 2.2k points they end up fighting the same 2-3 groups again and again..if they get any fight at all which beats the purpose as well, don't you think?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If PWCN wants us to have Arigora seasons, then they need to lower the score tier thresholds to match our playerbase. For example, the top tier could be 2000+ points instead of 2200+. If it becomes impossible to farm the higher tier materials, then several teams will give up which in turn will make it even harder to farm the rewards because of the lack of participants which in turn will kill the Arigora Colosseum. Even if some people are participating for fun, there will be others that will lose interest if they can't get something out of it and people can't have fun in a dead event.

I'm not against Arigora seasons. I would very much enjoy them, but this really needs to be handled carefully and properly. Use the situation with the Minion battles as an example of what can happen.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    Options
    Are we going to have the official announcement soon about (x)TW seasons ending? News awhile back stated 8/23..........​​
    Here we go again....
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @asterelle BUT! If they reset the points anyone will have another week of near instant fights. I like that :D being done with 15 fights in 40 minutes or 4 hours...no matter the rewards, I'd pick the first Option. Yes, if someone wants to achieve the highest rewards that would be a bad idea, however, if someone wants to have fun and enjoy the content then this would be the best idea. If someone goes beyond 2.2k points they end up fighting the same 2-3 groups again and again..if they get any fight at all which beats the purpose as well, don't you think?

I always do my fights immediately after and during xTW. Seem to always get 15 done within an hour or so.. Only started doing arena around a month ago and haven't had any problems finding match ups around these times.

I have always seen people saying about struggling to get match ups (people who have been doing it since release).
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    Stop finding issues to help yourselves and find options how we could motivate more players to participate on Arigora.
  • kek#6688
    kek#6688 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Has it been decided or announced when the territory war maps will be reset? @kalystconquerer#0876
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    kek#6688 wrote: »
    Has it been decided or announced when the territory war maps will be reset? @kalystconquerer#0876

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10534903-dragon’s-conquest-and-territory-wars-announcements

Them following this schedule is a whole nother thing though.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Oh wow, I just realised the top 1 faction finally get that mount. I thought GM said it was banned here. We dont have it as red base dragon nor able to get it as homestead trophy, those are just replaced with the regular red dragon mount we have. Wonder if its a mistake or that we can actually get it now. What about the previous factions that came 1st? Or is the mount's graphics also replaced with the regular red but just kept original icon ? lol
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    whats the point of arigora season's? to bring the top squads down again so they can one shot weaker squads?
    I think season's are a stupid idea. You wont find any G16 squads in arena for example. As long as there are no different tiers for different gear I see no point to do that. Leave those top players their score, I have no interrest to meet their squads.
    If one of the top player is so bored he can always leave his squad and join a low ranking one.