Regarding G17 Gear

Options
maksim1995
maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
Hello @kalystconquerer#0876
Since we are about to get new content patch *soon I hope*, I want to ask something about G17 gear which comes along. As far as I know, PWCN doesn't have all the Nation Wars (NW) gear which we do, such as:
w4HC0Ki.pngHeaven Ravager
Lt89lad.png☆☆☆ Star's Destiny
GjADSG8.png☆☆☆ Moon's Embrace

Apparently, G17 Ring can only be made using one of these items:
AIXdQjE.pngReawakening VI Finger Bead
c2XWb4K.png☆☆ Mortal Slaughter
SMxLfjq.png☆☆ Mortal Manifestation
OMASB11.png☆☆ Solar Slaughter
2zOTles.png☆☆ Solar Manifestation

3OjrXNd.jpg
BzZc1w0.jpg
ukw5Lui.jpg
dOtItMD.jpg
la7FMQC.jpg
GArBDgH.jpg

Same goes for G17 Cape, it is possible to get a 2nd tier only by using CJuvLQ8.png☆☆☆ Wings of Ascension or just farm it from scratch.

ZdXoohc.jpg
v4VKdP1.jpg
AgumpKU.jpg

So my question is, are you guys able to create a custom production/gear recast options for PWI with all the (NW) w4HC0Ki.pngLt89lad.pngGjADSG8.png items as well ? Because frankly, if not, (NW) gear gonna be pretty much useless. Most of the people worked hard for their items... I mean, c'mon, we already have our very own, custom r9 version (r9rr), I hope it's possible to accomplish this.. :/:'(

Comments

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options
    Yea if this is the case it definitely needs to be addressed , and it would be best it happens before new update hits live servers.

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Options
    Gonna be honest with ya most likely we are going to receive exactly what China has with a few minor nerfs for the US version.

As far as the Nation war rings I'd say that most likely it is not going to get an upgrade since it's a ton of coding and work to be done on pwe's end.
    The fingerbead is roughly a bill or so, at least on twilight temple and with the 4-5 month notice that we have had for these new casts of G17 rings most players already have parted with their NW rings and got fingerbeads.

In my honest opinion it's another way to get more cash out of players and that is sadly the goal of this game... Asking for a NW ring upgrade is kinda like me asking if I can get a forge to upgrade a G16 Helm to a crown of madness
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Hello!

We'll have to ask the devs to add in this type of an exchange for us, if not present in our version. Due to the nature of the request, we might not see this in upcoming expansion and will have to come in a future content update. We have asked them to provide custom exchanges in the past for things, so I don't see why we couldn't have this included though, unless this was by design as the end upgrade line for that path.

For the Wing's Of Ascension though...I don't believe I understand your question. Are you asking for WoA to forge a robe that's not the "starting grade" for these three types of robes? (or rather, "starting" being the option all the way to the left, which is that first column of robes).

I'll toss them an email! (or follow up if I sent one off already, which tends to be the case for these things.)
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    I really want this addressed for my stars destiny or atleast make our version Chienkun stones cheaper in terms of keeping refines/gems and transferring them to other gears. As it stands using chienkun on china is worth it while ours it's a loss of coin. I mean if I gotta redo my cape I'm fine with that because well our WoA can actually become this but when Stars Destiny becomes completely absolutely useless especially when some of us has it bound? Come now >.< this also can be said about heaven ravager capes.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @blazerboy And the sales on Chienkuin stones aren't good enough that would be worth the refinement transfers? Or our are transfers more expensive than in the CN version (or lack of a transfer, where the option isn't there and you essentially take a loss on your gears, shards and refinement wise)?

The former I could more easily address I think, while the later would require me digging around and trying to see where the system starts having holes and what sort of cost proposals we can bounce to CN.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @blazerboy And the sales on Chienkuin stones aren't good enough that would be worth the refinement transfers? Or our are transfers more expensive than in the CN version (or lack of a transfer, where the option isn't there and you essentially take a loss on your gears, shards and refinement wise)?

The former I could more easily address I think, while the later would require me digging around and trying to see where the system starts having holes and what sort of cost proposals we can bounce to CN.

Its the first one. China has Chienkung stone costs at the same we do I believe but their Chienkung stones are drastically cheaper. As a result its cheaper to re-refine/Shard your gear instead of using Chienkungs here which is absolutely stupid.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There should be a way to make Chienkung stones like you can with Dragon orbs. Could use x amount of Mirage stones or even x amount of Uncanny Crystals or Raptures. Would give a use of Nirvana instead of just for Homestead bosses if people are that level and need them.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • blazerboy
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 our sales on chienkun are in no way good enough what so ever for the price. You can clearly tell by how many r9 second cast +12 Jsod characters roaming because it's just about the same price to redo it all if you do no charge rewards, you're basically paying for convenience not really saving so you don't have to wait for sales or buy off shops or WC it's like saying you need to pay to redo gems and refines that are insanely expensive so no I and I'm sure most would agree the chienkun sales are ever very good compensation. I believe it's even more rediculous to transfer refines from one gear to another. If say for ex full gems and refines cost 1b to do and to chienkun it as maybe 400-500m fine that's fair but when it's slightly more expensive it's a spit in the face what in he world... xD
  • nunuator
    Options
    Yeah agreed chienkun stone cost in China is drastically Less than what it costs in international version. If I'm not mistaken it's maybe 100-200mill to transfer everything over in China while in international the price is the exact same of +12ing a gear and even transfering over gems is the same cost as redoing it... This is why toons with full JOSD +12 r9 first cast stick with it in hopes that chienkun stones will drop in price.
  • blazerboy
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876 @nunuator perhaps @asterelle can give clarification on this I'm not sure if it's 100-200m but I recall he once stated it's about 1/5 the cost of ours. If it's truely based 100-209m than in absolutely no way is our current chienkun sales in ANY way nearly as fair as Chinese even speaking on behalf of conversion rates 200m per gear transfers? It's what 400 stones for +12 and what 220 per +2 stone if I recall is been a minute since I've checked. Still it's cheaper to just redo the refine to +11 through charge/spend promo and TRY to get some of the gems back that way aswell which could take some ppl weeks if not months. This may seem like a alternative but we aren't trying to address alternative means we are discussing the fact it's almost highway robbery and should be looked into please.
  • maksim1995
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I left a msg here yesterday, but seems it was removed, idk why :# Ok, I'll post it again.
    For the Wing's Of Ascension though...I don't believe I understand your question. Are you asking for WoA to forge a robe that's not the "starting grade" for these three types of robes? (or rather, "starting" being the option all the way to the left, which is that first column of robes).
    It is like that on PWCN, yes, you can forge a 2/4 (second cast/tier) G17 HA/LA/AA Cape instead of 1/4 (first one) with CJuvLQ8.png☆☆☆ Wings of Ascension (check a screenshots on my 1st post). I would like to see it happen with w4HC0Ki.pngHeaven Ravager as well (since some of us went for that instead of WoA + they both are G16).
    blazerboy wrote: »
    ..but when Stars Destiny becomes completely absolutely useless especially when some of us has it bound? Come now >.< this also can be said about heaven ravager capes.
    Yeah, if my suggestion becomes a case for our game version, this could possibly benefit everyone, who went for one of the AIXdQjE.pngReawakening VI Finger Bead ring and have that bound Lt89lad.pngGjADSG8.png in the bank, because why not to have two G17 rings instead of one ? :p
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 @nunuator perhaps @asterelle can give clarification on this I'm not sure if it's 100-200m but I recall he once stated it's about 1/5 the cost of ours. If it's truely based 100-209m than in absolutely no way is our current chienkun sales in ANY way nearly as fair as Chinese even speaking on behalf of conversion rates 200m per gear transfers? It's what 400 stones for +12 and what 220 per +2 stone if I recall is been a minute since I've checked. Still it's cheaper to just redo the refine to +11 through charge/spend promo and TRY to get some of the gems back that way aswell which could take some ppl weeks if not months. This may seem like a alternative but we aren't trying to address alternative means we are discussing the fact it's almost highway robbery and should be looked into please.
    Totally agree here!

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    maksim1995 wrote: »
    I left a msg here yesterday, but seems it was removed, idk why :# Ok, I'll post it again.
    When that happens, it's usually the spam filter. Happens a lot if you put a bunch of URL/image links inside a post.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • maksim1995
    Options
    maksim1995 wrote: »
    When that happens, it's usually the spam filter. Happens a lot if you put a bunch of URL/image links inside a post.
    Ooooh, I see. Thanks for info!
  • blazerboy
    Options
    I don't mind losing my star destiny but make it cheaper to transfer +12 from one ring to the next at max it should be half the cost! Atm it's about equal or slightly more >.> come on! At this rate Pwi keeps telling ppl repay for what you have for power creep purposes instead of updating gear and reasonably maintaining what you already have
  • nunuator
    Options
    Again the chienkun stones are inflated on our server for some reason not sure as to what for maybe just an extra 0 or something in a code somewhere...
    This reminds me of when we could hyper frost and how PWCN took what, I don't know for sure, 6 years to "fix"and that fix just screwed up one of the fastest ways to get exp. Hence why we have soo many lvl 60-80 toons just stuck with little to no chance of progress unless they find a heavy casher or some sort of RB toon to carry them through PV.

Not sure if this is possible but along with a look into chienkun stones maybe we could get a look into the dead are of lvling 60-100 maybe some sort of exp bonus that works in the same way of RB 1 and RB 2.

Extra info:
    Made a new toon recently and even with CoM and WoA from stash at lvl 60 progress just seems to drag on 1-2 lvls with PV a day and I know it will just get worse once I hit lvl 90ish...
    Just waiting for the point when I'm lvl 100, RB 2 it and do 8 months of dailes now so I can compete in PvP.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A new MMO that was just launched has a far superior refine transfer model than PWI. I was pleasantly surprised by it. Refines transferred to higher tier gears for free. With a small chance for a -1 or -2 loss of refine. With a small $20 price tag you could guarantee it transferred successfully. At 12 gear pieces that is $240 a full set. Refines and gems could be taken from any equipment as long as the grade of the gear being transferred to was of the same grade of higher. This makes it easier to switch between gear sets (e.g. go from r9r to G17).

PWI needs to evolve here. Spending $600 on chienkuns for 1 piece of armor is not a way to retain customers. I've stopped doing G17 content because I'm not interested in spending $4000+ to reshard the stupid thing.
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Options
    Chinese have it for 1 gold too. But PWI 1000 stones=900 USD. Chinese 1000 stones=146 USD. Without sales.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    They really need to address the cost of transferring refines/shards. Alternatively, they could make refining and sharding itself be much, much cheaper. I can see a lot of benefits from a change like this.

In general I don't see a reason for refining & sharding and/or transfering to be this expensive in 2017. Sure, it's cheaper and more accessible than it was years ago, but we already have so many other things we need to farm or put money into. War Avatar cards and Star Charts are expensive. Soon we'll have the rune expansion and runes might end up in the boutique at some point. I heard PWCN has all G17 weapon materials in the boutique already so there's that.

​​
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

In general I don't see a reason for refining & sharding and/or transfering to be this expensive in 2017. Sure, it's cheaper and more accessible than it was years ago, but we already have so many other things we need to farm or put money into. War Avatar cards and Star Charts are expensive. Soon we'll have the rune expansion and runes might end up in the boutique at some point. I heard PWCN has all G17 weapon materials in the boutique already so there's that.

​​

I could be mistaken but runes were on CN boutique from the start, least I saw some items on boutique in video, which looked a lot like runes. Sure they prolly were level 1 runes and priced pretty decently at 1 gold each but either way we will likely see them from the start too. I dont really mind it though as long as we can spam the new instance, if its once a day bs lot of our other instances are I know ppl will be extremely annoyed at the fact runes appear in boutique cause then you dont really have means to keep up with major CSers. We wanted instance with drops which are worth something and tradeable, we got that in the new instance. Now just to pray its actually spammable so there will be new market for farmers.

• blazerboy
    Options
    Wtf @mars19 are you kidding me it's that drastic of a difference!? 1000 stones for 900 USD WHILE CHINESE 1000 is 146 even with the currency conversion that's just totally messed up @kalystconquerer#0876
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    When I pull up pwdatabase it shows 500 for 500 Gold http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/12980 , so if you're looking at their RMB to Gold being a 1:1 ratio like ours is in USD that's why you'd see such a huge discrepancy. I definitely think we could look into lowering some prices at a reasonable pace, so long as I don't receive too much kickback about it. Based on the old data of the sales in the past, it had dipped to .33 cents then went back up to a .50 cent price point and hasn't dipped back below that since that time.

@maksim1995 Ah ok, didn't know if I was spoiling anything one way or another, even though people can hop onto the CN client and check things. WoA creates the second column of robes so you can go directly into the 3rd upgrade from WoA. Since the WoA is the upgrade off of Matchless, then it would make sense for them to go into the second line of robes as well as opposed to throwing them into the first column of robes.

I've sent off an email about this change, but have not heard anything back from them about this. As per usual if I don't hear anything back in a few days, I'll do a follow up about it, but I would definitely say to keep in mind that such a change probably won't make its way into the expansion launch and will have to wait for the next update.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    When I pull up pwdatabase it shows 500 for 500 Gold http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/12980 , so if you're looking at their RMB to Gold being a 1:1 ratio like ours is in USD that's why you'd see such a huge discrepancy. I definitely think we could look into lowering some prices at a reasonable pace, so long as I don't receive too much kickback about it. Based on the old data of the sales in the past, it had dipped to .33 cents then went back up to a .50 cent price point and hasn't dipped back below that since that time.

@maksim1995 Ah ok, didn't know if I was spoiling anything one way or another, even though people can hop onto the CN client and check things. WoA creates the second column of robes so you can go directly into the 3rd upgrade from WoA. Since the WoA is the upgrade off of Matchless, then it would make sense for them to go into the second line of robes as well as opposed to throwing them into the first column of robes.

I've sent off an email about this change, but have not heard anything back from them about this. As per usual if I don't hear anything back in a few days, I'll do a follow up about it, but I would definitely say to keep in mind that such a change probably won't make its way into the expansion launch and will have to wait for the next update.

The thing about chienkuns is that it doesn't affect new customers at all. The only thing it can do is entice older players to come back to the game. There's a bunch who might think about coming back with their old +12 gears but don't because they essentially have to start from scratch all over again.

I think another option is to just not bother with chienkun, and make it much cheaper to obtain +12. This feels like what PWI is doing now w/ all these spend promos but the downside of that is that it upsets older players who have already invested a significant amount of their money into PWI in the past, and now have nothing to show for it.

Having chienkun cost be reasonable would mean there's much less risk in investing in refines for gear. People were willing to +12 and fully shard R9r3 because they got the sense that it would be THE last armor set for a very long time.
  • maksim1995
    Options
    Thanks for the effort @kalystconquerer#0876! :)
    Nevertheless, gonna leave some more pics here with a changes I would like them to make for PWI version, maybe you can send these to PWCN GM's so they can have a better idea of what I am talking about.

niFNyx1.jpg
    muz8i2n.jpg
    kOgIuo4.jpg
    fbF1xgQ.jpg
    pBlGe6V.jpg

• topmasterseller
    topmasterseller Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    I have question.. not much related to the topic but it could be put in these emails to CN.
    Why we can't devour S cards into another S cards?
    And are we going to be able to do it after that expansion?

btw...What about the base helm+NW upgrade? no upgrades there.... left in the ditch... CoM or gtfo...
  • blazerboy
    Options
    @topmasterseller with how easy it is to get a CoM I doubt this will happen. I don't have a problem with what you propose but keep in mind pwCN tends to not appeal ideas that won't make them money. Prime ex you can get base helm completely free now and no months of farming with TnF as long you're in a guild or allied to one whom controls it. Then make it into a CoM prob via new instance mats since that's how you make a CoM into Crown of Armageddon and there ya go free CoM. Pwi refuses to make that item easier I believe it was addressed in another post by kaly. Now if they made G16 NW neck upgrade to g17 and g16 NW rings to g17 along with making chiekuns say 100-150g to upgrade and keep refines shards and stats per gear this will easily make pwi money because many have endgame necks and rings of these grades.

Now I understand some ppl have endgame NW helm sharded and refined but if you look at it from a business perspective. Why do Sochi sales make pwi so much money? Because it's the best pack for a CoM and pwi knows this. Make the helm easier than it already is will make pwi a lot less money because the helm drops in value and pack won't be sought out as much. So it will make a small amount of money but as a investment pwi will suffer more.
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Options
    Chinese never had runes and g17 mats in shop. Looking at chinese shop i see that pwi prices for most items 0.3-0.33 of chinese price,some 0.15-0.6 range. But star chart cost same. http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/shop/17
    And card things 0.45-0.5 only http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/shop/18

• keihan007#7641
    Options
    mars19 wrote: »
    Chinese never had runes and g17 mats in shop. Looking at chinese shop i see that pwi prices for most items 0.3-0.33 of chinese price,some 0.15-0.6 range. But star chart cost same. http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/shop/17
    And card things 0.45-0.5 only http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/shop/18

Good to know, I do wonder what I saw then. With closer look there is only 4, not 5 items, for 1 gold, which looked a lot like runes so they cant be those. After some research and translating I learned the items I was talking bout were some xp boss/mob summon things, which supposedly give tons of xp. Or I should say the horrible translation gave such idea. Next time I give Wanmei bit more credit, seems like they are definitely trying to create a market for farmers to make everybody happy.

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    It's still possible PWCN will have other plans for our boutique. monkey-2.gif Though I doubt we'll see G17/Runes in there anytime soon, I wouldn't completely rule it out. Alternatively, they might add them to spend/charge promos.​​