What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My newest char in-game bio Valtoria :)

rockshi30rockshi30 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Art and Fiction
Race: Shadovar
Profession: Shadow Predator

Valtoria, was born in black lake district before the sludge leak. Her parents raised her to be nasher due to the fact that they were nashers. At age 17 Valtoria saw how petty and seflish the nashers really were. She considered them nothing more then Thugs with shiny weapons. Valtoria was leaving black lake district when she saw a wood elf masterfully shoot 3 wererats then switching to melee finishing off the last two of the group. After seeing she knew her career choice. She wanted to be a hunter ranger! She Traveled to a dark forest between neverdeath and ebon Downs, there she learned how to use a long bow she made her self out of the shadow bark, she made the arrows out of the shadow bark. Also, she crafted a pair of dark blades for herslef. For the next 3 years she would hone her skills with both range and melee. At the age of 20 she Traveled to the Black Dagger ruins, she would clash with Vira, an Harpy Assassin. Dispite a 20 minute battle Valtoria defeats Vira, Vira says please mercy from assassin to hunter. Valtoria says "you are my prey nothing more" she drains the life out of her then walks away. Valtoria heads to Protectors enclave in search of her next target.....
"A true leader is not judged by his/her victories but by his/her ability to overcome defeat"
Post edited by rockshi30 on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Valtoria's weaknesses....

- While she is a genius when it comes to battle tactics she lacks the ablity to adapt when things go wrong.
    - She is persistant, which is respectable. However this often causes her to make foolish choices.
    - Her greatest weakness is that she doesnt add new tactics and combat styles frequently enough this is not a problem for most people she hunts. However if she crosses a well seasoned fighter this can be a very dangerous advantage.

These weakness effect her hunting skills and ability considerable or sometimes severelly

Her strengths...

- Cunning
    - Creative
    - A genius at Ambushing tactics
    - Agile and versitile
    - Determined

Valtoria's Personaility...

Valtoria is manipulative, Cold, and has no remorse for the people she kills. Although, she has been known to be hesitant at times before giving the death blow. It's uknown why this happens or if its just something she will mature out of. (you decided ^^) Lastly, Valtoria doesnt seem to like hunting Dragon Borne. This can be an advantage if your trying to save her target or kill her....
    "A true leader is not judged by his/her victories but by his/her ability to overcome defeat"
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Doesn't sound much likeable.... I see much progress comparing to that succub chick tho :)

However:

- Wait what? Shadow predator? Like, alien vs predator?

- and a harpy assassin? One could think harpies would be very poor assassins since the job requires secrecy, infiltration and overall not drawing attention. And that creatures are kinda... how to put it... hard to miss.

- 20 is awfully young for a drow. And she already has some amazing skills at the age of 17, like making her own weapons. you didn't say it were good weapons, but still - making arrows I can belive (takes a lot of suspension of disbelief tho), making bows however requires somebody to teach you. Forging blades is a totally different craft and yeah, years of learning. If you want me to belive she can do both (at 17!), you need to come up with a really good story behind it.
    - I have no idea what that shadow bark is, but unless it's nothing like any tree bark I know, it is suitable neither for arrows nor bows. At least you didn't say the blades were made of it!

Her weaknesses are rather meaningless. You need to think of something that would really balance her strong points. Persistence is not a weakness, it's like if you said that her flaw is being "too beautiful". Adapting tactics - applies only if a seasoned fighter is arround - I assume he also need to be a tactical genius, lol! ...And she doesn't like to hunt dragonborn *that much*? You need to try harder.

- "draining the life out of her" - please tell me it is just mataphoric way to say "killing", not some vampiric ability.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I disagree with 70% of that however its not some vampiric ability dont worry! she just guts you like a fish. Dark bark means it holds dark arcane magic with in it. Her blades were forged from dark magic. my favorite number is 20 so deal with that :)

Valtoria is not a drow, i made some corrections. Plus a shadow Predator is the evil/darker version of a hunter ranger :)

NOTE: valtoria's bio is a relfection of her in game slef ^^
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    This supposed to be for fun! not to be critized..... Same reason why only role play in game easier to show :) PLUS I revisted my rp thread "fear of a hunter" its much better now :)
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey, i'm trying to help here!

Is it possible you'd link me some source about shadow predators? Because I've never heard of them.

So, what exactly do you disagree with?

The whole deal with roleplaying is, you make a char that is belivable in the environment, not bend the environment to suit your character.

Shadovar, really? I mean, drow in Neverwinter before what I call "heroes of Sleeping Dragon Bridge invasion" must have been extremly rare, and them being Nashers is kinda far fetched, but shadovar is far worse. Why not a family of dragons? We know there are plenty of dragons in Faerun, and they can shapeshift to a humanoid form, so a family of dragons living next door (and being Nashers) sounds plausible, lol.

That story with making her own weapons doesn't make any sense. I can't decide what is worse, making a bow of a bark or a blade of a magic, dark or otherwise (a hint: no, it can't be done. If it was, all that dwarfs mining mithral would become jobless).
    At age of 17! So even if crafting those things was possible, there's no way i'd be possible without long, long years of learning under some master's tutelage.

Also, that part about honing her skills needs more details, also, how did she survive in the woods with 0 survival skills (my bet - death of starvation), also 3 years is remarkably fast to gain a level of skill that let you gut any assassin like a fish. She'd have to have a really good teacher, and even then, it would be hard to belive.