What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Art Asset Requests

Comments

• Options
    elnath78elnath78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the first item i would think of would be a tent, to be used in open environment to creat like a bandit camp or something like this.

foundry_tcoo.jpg
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elnath78 wrote: »
    the first item i would think of would be a tent, to be used in open environment to creat like a bandit camp or something like this.

Have you looked thru the Details assets??? There are orc and human tents - and there are tent "clusters" available as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I originally added this to Foundry requests, but since it's explicitly art asset related...
    • One-way doors
    • One-way illusionary walls
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the suggestions all!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Area- wide distortion (heat/water), like magical distortion wall.

This would be HUGELY useful to me.

Also, a lot more interior fogs. I could use a vivid/deep blue (similar in behavior to the red interior fog). The current blue is basically 'cool white.'
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    phatboakphatboak Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    An cave cluster that you can go inside to be placed in my exterior map, a variety of fishes (npc fishes would be awesome so i could set them to swim away as you approach them), smaller potted plants and flowers, regular wall mirrors, scalable water, bath tubs, fishing poles, telescope, and everything else already mentioned.
  • Options
    pyroknight777pyroknight777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some things I really need >.< for my Dwarf City :

-Dwarven Buildings and ruined versions of them
    -Larger Dwarven Forges
    -Dwarve Guard Towers(sort of like the 4 towers put on the edges of castles)
    -Ruined Dwarven Walls(or cracked P: )
    -Destroyed Dwarven Braziers
    _________

@pyroknight777 in the game ^_^ Don't worry if you see me stalking you...my characters are kind of "new" to social life...I mean how would you think a fire demon-turned hero would react to a girl if all he sees in hell are half-naked devilish women...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    -Ruined Dwarven Walls(or cracked P: )

Try the "Crack Projector" should work really well on walls.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    An un-modification request-

Pleeeeease remove the newly added smoke from the Respawn Point.

I "had" a nice looking "Healing Fountain" that now has smoke coming out of the top of it. D'oh!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We could really, really, really use Asset Change Release Notes as well.

Seems like most patches I discover either a few added assets, or mysterious/secret changes to existing assets.
    (like smoke added to respawn point, flowers removed from vines, etc.)

I can't believe there isn't an internal change modification system that could generate a simple report so we wouldn't keep getting surprised (both good and bad!).
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd be interested in a not collapsed version of 'protectors enclaves collapsed wall 01'.

Also, not seeing a sound asset request set, so tossing this here;
    -single scream (male/ female)
    -some more lovely music (the not battle/ spooky/ victory kind)
  • Options
    neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OMG, where do I begin?

*deep breath*

Ok, very simply:

More walls, floors and windows.

I.E.
    WALLS:
    Brick wall (there is an illusionary one why not a solid one)
    Wood wall (there is an illusionary one why not a solid one)
    Stone and wood walls
    Wood and plaster walls (Wainscoting)
    The above with WINDOWS (and, or window holes )
    WINDOWS:
    Square windows
    Rectangular windows
    windows with shutters opened/closed
    windows with light beams (They are in the tavern although these are super bright with bloom on)
    Doors with Door <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (ok WHY aren't there any door <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in this game?? LOL )
    FLOORS:
    Noble house floors
    hardwood floors (Could be wood walls rotated)
    Tile floors
    Stone floors (tavern style)

MISC:
    LEVERS
    Animated Levers
    More animated stuff
    Make the Windmill blades Rotate!!
    And what everyone else said ;-)

NW1776
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Almost forgot!!

PLEASE:

Lights with smaller/dimmer radius
    Lights with larger/brighter radius

and while I'm dreaming... spot lights

NW1776
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This is probably an impossible request, but is it possible to allow community artists to extract and modify the existing art assets?

I have experience with both 3DS Max and Photoshop. I would love to be able to extract a texture (for example) and modify it in Photoshop for a whole new look.

Similarly, if I could extract and import some of the games existing models into 3DS Max, I could make all sorts of new creatures (as long as I don't add extra vertices, the existing rigs and animations should still work).

Getting them back into the game would be the biggest problem. Artists will need to submit their work to you guys for approval, if you like it, then it gets added to the game (it would be very nice if some sort of acknowledgement was given to the artist that they could use in their portfolio).

This could save you guys a lot of work. I think there are a number of artists out there who would be very happy to get their work recognized. Also, never underestimate the talent of the community!

Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    This is probably an impossible request, but is it possible to allow community artists to extract and modify the existing art assets?

I have experience with both 3DS Max and Photoshop. I would love to be able to extract a texture (for example) and modify it in Photoshop for a whole new look.

Similarly, if I could extract and import some of the games existing models into 3DS Max, I could make all sorts of new creatures (as long as I don't add extra vertices, the existing rigs and animations should still work).

Getting them back into the game would be the biggest problem. Artists will need to submit their work to you guys for approval, if you like it, then it gets added to the game (it would be very nice if some sort of acknowledgement was given to the artist that they could use in their portfolio).

This could save you guys a lot of work. I think there are a number of artists out there who would be very happy to get their work recognized. Also, never underestimate the talent of the community!

Just a thought.

Exactly. See this thread:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?64731-Open-Source-Creature-Modeling-for-3D-experts&highlight=open+source
  • Options
    dyrtnapdyrtnap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like to create everything from scratch so I don't use many premade maps. Its quite tough at times to create something unique with the choices given. I got bored with how limited our options were that I quit this game for months hoping you would fix it. You have given us a very simple tool to create with and I love it and you but I think that it still needs fleshed out some.

1: More varied flat blank maps. Particularly ones without friggin grass. We have 4 million assets for making caves but zero for making a desert or just a scene with dirt.

2: Better cobblestone paths or brick roads and more varied floor tiles in general. e.g. I'm trying to build an exterior map of a ghetto with twisting alley ways on a flat map. The cobblestone looks horrible with the grass when trying to make ANY kind of city or village scene. We need options with dirt in between the rocks rather than allowing the grass to poke through.

3: Larger dirt patches hopefully with different color dirt not just red mud. Covering large area's with the small one given creates a sickening line where each ones edges constantly pops in and out unless you don't allow them to touch each other which completely defeats the point in some cases removes our ability to try and overcome the lack of map variation.

4: Large ships without the funky flying ship sails on the rear sides of the boat. They are just in a bad spot. I can't hide them in water because they come up too high. The closest I can come is the one with just the frame and no sail attached but it still looks horrible.

5: WAY more interior rooms.

6: A way to change the landscape. I remember using the tool from titan quest to create dips and small hills where I wanted them and loving that freedom to create.

7: Prefab palace/large mansion.

Gotta get to work more to come.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hmm. Is an "official art asset request thread" immune from necrosis??
    I'll give it a try...

Waaaay Out Of The Box Request:

Terrain "Hole Punch" - assets that would negate/remove the collision (and visual??) of some section of maps terrain.
    Reasons:
    • Mine/Cave entrances/exits
    • Hobbit Hole doorways
    • Basements
    • Tunnels
    • Very limited terrain "resculpting"
      • flattening a 20'x20' mountain peak
      • Cutting a small "pass" through a portion of a mountain
      • Tower District's Fallen Tower Tavern
      • "Pit to hell"
      • Feydark/Underdark breach
  • Options
    kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    crypticmapoliscrypticmapolis Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 240 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Hmm. Is an "official art asset request thread" immune from necrosis??
    I'll give it a try...

If it's ok with the mods, yes I would love for any new art requests to go into this thread on an ongoing basis. It helps me track things a little easier.
    eldarth wrote: »
    Waaaay Out Of The Box Request:

Terrain "Hole Punch" - assets that would negate/remove the collision (and visual??) of some section of maps terrain.
    Reasons:
    • Mine/Cave entrances/exits
    • Hobbit Hole doorways
    • Basements
    • Tunnels
    • Very limited terrain "resculpting"
      • flattening a 20'x20' mountain peak
      • Cutting a small "pass" through a portion of a mountain
      • Tower District's Fallen Tower Tavern
      • "Pit to hell"
      • Feydark/Underdark breach

That would be a feature I would love to have for our internal developer tools, let alone the Foundry :)

If we were are able to add a terrain editor in the future, it would be full featured and probably very close to our developer tools. There are a few problems we need to solve first, such as the fact that generating new terrain adds a significant amount of new data to a map, which also translates to a large amount of micropatching for each player who loads that map. Terrain performance is also difficult to control, and is something we're currently improving in our own tools so we know how to approach it with the Foundry.

Would it be helpful to have some terrain maps with holes in a couple places?
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Yes please. :D
    If we can't punch little holes, I'm all for having some pre-made ones.

You know me -- more is always better!
  • Options
    clonny2clonny2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When it comes to terrain, it would be nice to have other terrains like dessert, or flat surfaces that are not green like snowy, etc.. just some nice to haves. Otherwise love the foundry and want to get better at using it. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    A couple of incredibly simple ones...no artist even required :cool:
    • Invisible Wall, Tube, 10' radius 10' high
    • Invisible Wall, Cylinder, 20' radius, 20' high
    • Invisible Wall, Cylinder, 40' radius, 40' high
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want a 1 way invisible wall, it has collision on one side and is non-collidable on the other, this way players can be contained in a space for an event to prevent them from bugging it out yet still let baddies get to them for fighting. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    zaforouszaforous Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    LEVERS! I'd live to see levers, handles, switches, wheels, chains, statues (like the ones that spin in one of the first dungeons). I liked how you had to find pieces of the statues, then return the piece to that statue, and spin it to the front position to trigger the switch.

Sliding secret doors would be nice as well. In fact allowing authors to slide objects in general, like a bookcase or a pile of stones to reveal secret hidden areas.

I also would like art assets like the floating runes, where you can edit the text. So you could have a scary message written by the author in those floating text, to provide clues and such without opening the dialog.
    Try my first Foundry dungeon "It's a dirty job..." NW-DLDKYKIJP
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    zaforous wrote: »
    LEVERS! I'd live to see levers, handles, switches, wheels, chains, statues (like the ones that spin in one of the first dungeons). I liked how you had to find pieces of the statues, then return the piece to that statue, and spin it to the front position to trigger the switch.

Sliding secret doors would be nice as well. In fact allowing authors to slide objects in general, like a bookcase or a pile of stones to reveal secret hidden areas.

Um, you know we have a lot of those already? Filter on "volume" for the sliding walls/bookcases/gates/doors/etc.

We have chains and statues -- non-interactive of course, and for levers/handles I always like to use the Gate Latch detail. You could also bury various weapons (axes/staves) in the ground, or small levers you could use wands.
    zaforous wrote: »
    I also would like art assets like the floating runes, where you can edit the text. So you could have a scary message written by the author in those floating text, to provide clues and such without opening the dialog.

Never going to happen. Too many juveniles thinking it would be "funny" to put in swear words, or vulgar sentences.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    A few more no-artist-required asset requests...

Invisible Cylinder "end caps"
    • 10' radius x 5' thick
    • 20' radius x 5' thick
    • 40' radius x 5' thick
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Desert landscapes.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    At the moment I am trying to build the Demonweb, some webs with collision would be useful as currently I need to use invisible walls at the right places in order to build web bridges, among a lot of other things I am not thinking of at the moment.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    thylbanusthylbanus Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If we were are able to add a terrain editor in the future, it would be full featured and probably very close to our developer tools. There are a few problems we need to solve first, such as the fact that generating new terrain adds a significant amount of new data to a map, which also translates to a large amount of micropatching for each player who loads that map. Terrain performance is also difficult to control, and is something we're currently improving in our own tools so we know how to approach it with the Foundry.

YES!

Also, this is a great piece of communication that I forgot happens in real online games (not going to mention any names. Right EA? :eek: ).

Thanks for a great glimpse into what goes on!
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please please please desert/dirt/snow terrains. We really lack some variety when building maps.
    2e2qwj6.jpg