test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When creating a character, hair showing up as black dots

solidagesolidage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 31
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hey guys

When I logged in last night to make a new character to try some new zones, most of the hair styles i selected for ALL the races were just small black dots. Even if I changed the color it was the same thing, so defiantly seemed like a graphical / rendering issue.

I have played in a few alpha tests and this is the first time this has happened.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Unless you're in alpha or have some other special access, you should not have been able to log in at all last night - beta weekend was over and the next one isn't for weeks. When bored I sometimes patch the game but I've never tried to actually log in outside of the beta weekends since I assumed it would just block the attempt entirely.
  • Options
    brockp24brockp24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    solidage wrote: »
    Hey guys

When I logged in last night to make a new character to try some new zones, most of the hair styles i selected for ALL the races were just small black dots. Even if I changed the color it was the same thing, so defiantly seemed like a graphical / rendering issue.

I have played in a few alpha tests and this is the first time this has happened.

I'm having the same problems. Does anyone know a fix?
  • Options
    laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    Sounds like a bug in one of our materials. Does it go away if you raise your shader quality in the Advanced video options?
  • Options
    abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, raising the shader quality from Low did indeed fix this for me.
  • Options
    brockp24brockp24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thank you for the quick reply
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Please post a screenshot of before and after raising shader quality, and identify what video card you have.

Thanks,

Dave
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is a shader setting in graphics which corrects it. You have to ramp it up to highest. This bug has been reported a few times already.