test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tales of Old is not possible for most characters.

2»

Comments

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    havlocke said:

wylonus said:

devs, simple fix for Tales of Old, scrap it, or redo what limited since it is too HARSH!

isnt this game meant as free to all players??? i dont see it that way. it is way too niche for specific targeted group of players, made the gap wider for haves and havenots.

As has been pointed out in previous posts, ANYBODY of ANY Item Level can join in and do at least the first two rounds. it only gets hard at round 3+. Are you seriously asking for people to be able finish all content (and the subsequent rewards) even if they don't have gear or are just bad? Asking for competency in build or play is not elitist.
    1) Those that participated wanted to get the maximum rewards. 5 runs, not 2. Asking teams that are capable of getting the maximum number of runs to settle for less, especially given the number of runs necessary to get the rewards, seems counterintuitive.
    2) 16K may have been a realistic IL gate for runs 3 - 5. But it discouraged teams from accepting anyone below that level.
    3) This is the only chance that newer players have ever had to run this dungeon. To set it up in such a way that only the best of the best can run it seems to run counter to the idea that the devs do not want to keep players from engaging the content.
  • Options
    havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

havlocke said:

wylonus said:

devs, simple fix for Tales of Old, scrap it, or redo what limited since it is too HARSH!

isnt this game meant as free to all players??? i dont see it that way. it is way too niche for specific targeted group of players, made the gap wider for haves and havenots.

As has been pointed out in previous posts, ANYBODY of ANY Item Level can join in and do at least the first two rounds. it only gets hard at round 3+. Are you seriously asking for people to be able finish all content (and the subsequent rewards) even if they don't have gear or are just bad? Asking for competency in build or play is not elitist.
    1) Those that participated wanted to get the maximum rewards. 5 runs, not 2. Asking teams that are capable of getting the maximum number of runs to settle for less, especially given the number of runs necessary to get the rewards, seems counterintuitive.
    2) 16K may have been a realistic IL gate for runs 3 - 5. But it discouraged teams from accepting anyone below that level.
    3) This is the only chance that newer players have ever had to run this dungeon. To set it up in such a way that only the best of the best can run it seems to run counter to the idea that the devs do not want to keep players from engaging the content.
    1) Correct. Those that wan't the max rewards will do all 5 and will expect 16k. Not sure what is wrong with this

2) Correct. If Teams want to do the full run, you will WANT participants of 16k level. If you didn't want the full run, any IL would do. Again, not sure what is wrong with this.

3) If you were a newer player that just wanted to see the dungeon, just form a group FOR THAT PURPOSE. As has been said, you didn't need super ILs to do that.

I think the issues have arisen because it wasn't made clear enough what the 16k value was referring to. If nobody here had explained it to us right in this thread, I'd be pretty confused about it too. This is just the typical slackness where anouncements are concerned.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    havlocke said:

havlocke said:

wylonus said:

1) Correct. Those that wan't the max rewards will do all 5 and will expect 16k. Not sure what is wrong with this

2) Correct. If Teams want to do the full run, you will WANT participants of 16k level. If you didn't want the full run, any IL would do. Again, not sure what is wrong with this.

3) If you were a newer player that just wanted to see the dungeon, just form a group FOR THAT PURPOSE. As has been said, you didn't need super ILs to do that.

I think the issues have arisen because it wasn't made clear enough what the 16k value was referring to. If nobody here had explained it to us right in this thread, I'd be pretty confused about it too. This is just the typical slackness where anouncements are concerned.

1) Yes it is correct. No, there is nothing wrong with this. Yes, it does undermine your point that any player of any level can participate, if they are unable to do all 5 runs.

2) Yes it is correct, again. No, again, there is nothing wrong with this. Again, yes it does make moot your point that any player of any level will be welcome, when the content is designed to be run by near-endgame players.

3) I tried that. Invite. Join. Inspect. Leave.
    Post edited by wintersmoke on
  • Options

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

wylonus said:

1) Yes it is correct. No, there is nothing wrong with this. Yes, it does undermine your point that any player of any level can participate, if they are unable to do all 5 runs.

2) Yes it is correct, again. No, again, there is nothing wrong with this. Again, yes it does make your point that any player of any level will be welcome, when the content is designed to be run by near-endgame players.

I said participate. I didn't say complete. You can participate and do 1 run right? I never said or even intimated that a low IL toon would be able to complete 5 runs. And in fact have repeatedly pointed out that you WANT and NEED 16k IL toons if you want to complete the dungeon and this IS AS IT SHOULD BE.

• Options
    havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

wylonus said:

2) Yes it is correct, again. No, again, there is nothing wrong with this. Again, yes it does make your point that any player of any level will be welcome, when the content is designed to be run by near-endgame players.

I said participate. I didn't say complete. You can participate and do 1 run right? I never said or even intimated that a low IL toon would be able to complete 5 runs. And in fact have repeatedly pointed out that you WANT and NEED 16k IL toons if you want to complete the dungeon and this IS AS IT SHOULD BE.

Wrong. I never got 1 run. Players that were inviting were looking for 16k+. And after an hour of inviting my own party, got 2 or 3 players & any players that joined would leave after inspecting the rest of the party.

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

wylonus said:

Wrong. I never got 1 run. Players that were inviting were looking for 16k+. And after an hour of inviting my own party, got 2 or 3 players & any players that joined would leave after inspecting the rest of the party.

It was a stoopid event system - they should have just added it to the queue system so at least people could have a go. Another event I passed on completely.

Also passed on current event.

I do love the fact that in a FREE game we get stuff like this to do, free of charge, so I dont want to complain tooooo much. I really do still like this game a lot.
  • Options

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

wylonus said:

I will repeat

If you form a group and don't be up front with them that this is what you want to do then you deserve to get abandoned. About the only valid complaint would be that this event wasn't friendly for Solo'ers. But since this is an MMO, my sympathy for the "I'm a SOLO only player" excuse is limited. I'm sorry it wasn't for you. I'll end this now.
  • Options
    havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

wylonus said:

I will repeat

If you form a group and don't be up front with them that this is what you want to do then you deserve to get abandoned. About the only valid complaint would be that this event wasn't friendly for Solo'ers. But since this is an MMO, my sympathy for the "I'm a SOLO only player" excuse is limited. I'm sorry it wasn't for you. I'll end this now.
    I will repeat...

"And after an hour of inviting my own party..."

Your irrelevant assumption that I did not announce my intentions, is irrelevant.
  • Options

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

havlocke said:

wylonus said:

I will repeat

I will repeat...

"And after an hour of inviting my own party..."

Your irrelevant assumption that I did not announce my intentions, is irrelevant.
    Sorry, obviously misread your earlier post. So you invited people to the party, they joined and then left after looking at the party. I just assumed that they did that because they weren't aware it was just a tourist run. If they had joined and then left because they didn't read your qualifier then thats different.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    baghtru64 said:

I was looking forward to the Tales of Old event when i read that it was going to bring back some of the older dungeons and grant us new rewards for completing them. Sadly i was seriously let down when the reality of the event made it clear that it was only for end game players instead of the masses. By making it necessary to have 16,000 item level or close to it put it out of the reach of all of my characters. I have an HR and TR both over 14k IL, but I couldn't even find a party to try out the event. I tried making my own parties, but when the people i invited saw that my characters were "only" 14k, they left the group. I even gave it a quick shot to solo the dungeon, but couldn't even kill 1 of the mobs solo.

I have been playing this game since it was in beta, but this is the first time i have seen an event that excluded a large portion of the player base. The dungeons could have been scaled to the players entering it instead. I hope that events in the future will not cater to just one portion of the games players, but will instead be open to all.

Finish Undermountain, get to xp level 80. Then the Tales of old should be a breeze.
  • Options
    cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

Finish Undermountain, get to xp level 80. Then the Tales of old should be a breeze.

But it won't be a breeze. The issue is that if they continue with the scaling the way it is that when you go into zones and have less stats than another player the same level as you your scaled the same amount. This means that a player who is the correct level for the content will not be scaled down. This individual can have more stats than the higher level player in that content because there isn't any scaling on them. This is a fully broken method to scale and will end up nice for the players who are closer to the scaled contents levels but for those that put in the time to get better you will be punished by being less capable in earlier content you have theoretically finished. In other words, nobody will want to play that content since your going to do horrible in it and getting better gear/items/levels will be punished in the game. With so little max level content in the next mod a lot of players will be doing prior content but if they level up to 80 they will be doing worse in that content than when they first start.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options
    baghtru64 said:

I was looking forward to the Tales of Old event when i read that it was going to bring back some of the older dungeons and grant us new rewards for completing them. Sadly i was seriously let down when the reality of the event made it clear that it was only for end game players instead of the masses. By making it necessary to have 16,000 item level or close to it put it out of the reach of all of my characters. I have an HR and TR both over 14k IL, but I couldn't even find a party to try out the event. I tried making my own parties, but when the people i invited saw that my characters were "only" 14k, they left the group. I even gave it a quick shot to solo the dungeon, but couldn't even kill 1 of the mobs solo.

I have been playing this game since it was in beta, but this is the first time i have seen an event that excluded a large portion of the player base. The dungeons could have been scaled to the players entering it instead. I hope that events in the future will not cater to just one portion of the games players, but will instead be open to all.

Those individuals who are making this claim need to know that when you ask for content to be done by everyone and not hard so casuals can do it your asking for the developers to not give good rewards. If you want good rewards then you need to make it so that not everyone can finish the events. The more people you can stop from getting the end rewards will mean the better the prize can be for the event.

They are giving out good rewards so that instantly means that they need to make it so that most in the game can't finish the event by just the rewards they are giving. This event is a chase event made to make people want to improve your characters to be able to do it. If you can't do it right now or don't want to put in the time then there is the pay option to get to the point that you can do the content. If you don't want to do either then you can wait until the event comes back around the next time when you have improved your character.
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options
    darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @cherryman1 said:
    > I was looking forward to the Tales of Old event when i read that it was going to bring back some of the older dungeons and grant us new rewards for completing them. Sadly i was seriously let down when the reality of the event made it clear that it was only for end game players instead of the masses. By making it necessary to have 16,000 item level or close to it put it out of the reach of all of my characters. I have an HR and TR both over 14k IL, but I couldn't even find a party to try out the event. I tried making my own parties, but when the people i invited saw that my characters were "only" 14k, they left the group. I even gave it a quick shot to solo the dungeon, but couldn't even kill 1 of the mobs solo.
    >
    > I have been playing this game since it was in beta, but this is the first time i have seen an event that excluded a large portion of the player base. The dungeons could have been scaled to the players entering it instead. I hope that events in the future will not cater to just one portion of the games players, but will instead be open to all.
    >
    > Those individuals who are making this claim need to know that when you ask for content to be done by everyone and not hard so casuals can do it your asking for the developers to not give good rewards. If you want good rewards then you need to make it so that not everyone can finish the events. The more people you can stop from getting the end rewards will mean the better the prize can be for the event.
    >
    > They are giving out good rewards so that instantly means that they need to make it so that most in the game can't finish the event by just the rewards they are giving. This event is a chase event made to make people want to improve your characters to be able to do it. If you can't do it right now or don't want to put in the time then there is the pay option to get to the point that you can do the content. If you don't want to do either then you can wait until the event comes back around the next time when you have improved your character.

If I'm right, any reward from here is now going to be worthless come Mod 16. I don't remember seeing a Dev state the rewards would be upgraded to level 80.
  • Options

>
    If I'm right, any reward from here is now going to be worthless come Mod 16. I don't remember seeing a Dev state the rewards would be upgraded to level 80.

The reward is a really nice artifact with very nice actives that have a set bonus with other artifacts in this same event. They are the only ones that will translate well as the new artifacts all look to have more stats which the set bonus increases for each extra one which means it is in the same realm of stats as the new artifacts but it is giving a stat that is hard to get in the next mod. This is one of the few items that will translate to the next mod from the testing I have seen.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

> @cherryman1 said:

> I was looking forward to the Tales of Old event when i read that it was going to bring back some of the older dungeons and grant us new rewards for completing them. Sadly i was seriously let down when the reality of the event made it clear that it was only for end game players instead of the masses. By making it necessary to have 16,000 item level or close to it put it out of the reach of all of my characters. I have an HR and TR both over 14k IL, but I couldn't even find a party to try out the event. I tried making my own parties, but when the people i invited saw that my characters were "only" 14k, they left the group. I even gave it a quick shot to solo the dungeon, but couldn't even kill 1 of the mobs solo.

>

> I have been playing this game since it was in beta, but this is the first time i have seen an event that excluded a large portion of the player base. The dungeons could have been scaled to the players entering it instead. I hope that events in the future will not cater to just one portion of the games players, but will instead be open to all.

>

> Those individuals who are making this claim need to know that when you ask for content to be done by everyone and not hard so casuals can do it your asking for the developers to not give good rewards. If you want good rewards then you need to make it so that not everyone can finish the events. The more people you can stop from getting the end rewards will mean the better the prize can be for the event.

>

> They are giving out good rewards so that instantly means that they need to make it so that most in the game can't finish the event by just the rewards they are giving. This event is a chase event made to make people want to improve your characters to be able to do it. If you can't do it right now or don't want to put in the time then there is the pay option to get to the point that you can do the content. If you don't want to do either then you can wait until the event comes back around the next time when you have improved your character.

The ToO artifact is crazy powerful.
    On Mod 16 preview it was 1-hitting bosses. They had to nerf it. Enven after it is incredibly powerful in Mod16.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.