test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Player vs Player vs Customer Support

roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
This is a tale of what I've experienced. I post this here in case I can get any useful replies and also to provide a heads up to anyone playing Neverwinter or considering to play.

June 2017, I posted a Greater Feytouched enchant in the auction. Within minutes I got a private message asking if I'd be willing to trade the enchant. The offer was a Malabog's Quillon Fragment and it was described as a rare ingredient (technically it's epic tier) for crafting Stronghold Weapons. I hadn't considered getting a Stronghold Weapon set to this point so I'd never tried to find out what the requirements were to craft them. I searched the auction for the fragment and I found that there were only a few listings and they were all listed at a price similar to what I was trying to sell the enchant for. Something seemed off about the trade but I eventually agreed to it because I didn't want to believe that I was being conned.

Within the next hour I was searching the auction for weapon enchants and surprisingly I saw the player I'd just traded with had a listing for the same enchant I just traded him. I became suspicious. I searched for the Malabog Fragment and there were now a couple listings for a small fraction of what the other ones were posted at. My suspicion increased. So, I started searching the internet to try to find the Malabog Fragment. I found the Neverwinter Wiki and searched through the Professions section and eventually found it. The fragment is used to create some epic items and not Stronghold Weapons. I sent an email to the player with whom I'd traded describing what I'd found saying I wanted to re-trade the items. I was getting no reply and eventually had to log off. When next I'd logged on I noticed I still didn't have an email reply and the Greater Feytouched price had been reduced by a couple hundred thousand astral diamonds. I emailed him again saying if he didn't re-trade I'd report him to Customer Support for defrauding me. No reply by the time I had to log out again. Next time I logged in there was a reply but the Greater Feytouched was no longer in the auction. Player claimed he was unaware of my emails "maybe I accidentally deleted my mail as normally most of it is spam". He confirmed that the enchant had been sold though I don't know what the final sale price was or if he'd lowered the price again. He said he didn't want to re-trade.

I reported him to Customer Support. His account was held because they found there were multiple reports against him. However, his account was released within a day or two because there was a "misunderstanding" and no evidence of a scam. I asked for Support to elaborate and provide context on the "misunderstanding" but they did not. I pleaded with Support several times and in several ways for them to help me comprehend their verdict. However, during my efforts to get support from Support I was somehow able to reach an agreement with the player that he would make up for it when he had the resources so I closed my ticket because Support was either unwilling (my suspicion) to answer my questions or incompetent to comprehend what I was asking.

Skip ahead to August 2018 and I noticed that the player must be still around because I happened to see he was posting something for sale in the auction, but I hadn't heard anything from him since the year before. I emailed him saying I still have the fragment and asked if he'd forgotten about our trade. I waited a couple weeks and no reply. So, I contacted Customer Support again, still hoping they would explain "misunderstanding" and if they would share how they reached their verdict because my feeling is that I was defrauded and that he gamed the system, both which should be User Conduct infractions of their Terms of Service. I tried 3 or 4 times again to get an explanation of their verdict. I didn't and still don't see how the other player's privacy would be compromised by them explaining their verdict, which they cited was the reason they would not say anything. Eventually I was told this ticket was locked and any future tickets on the same issue would be locked.

I asked for a refund. I have bought $65 worth of Zen because I thought I would support them for their product. However, with no evidence that they have provided support in this case I have come to resent giving them anything. I emailed their Privacy Policy contact (privacy@perfectworld.com) 10/17/2018 with my issue and got no reply from them either. I forwarded the email to privacy@perfectworld.com yesterday as a resend and found that my email has now arrived as a ticket in Customer Support here. I expect it will be dismissed but I don't know yet. Their Terms of Service states that Zen is NON REFUNDABLE but my feeling is that they are unnecessarily withholding information with which I may be able to accept or reject their verdict against the other player. It seems I am considered so insignificant that they won't be bothered to provide support and I don't know why. And, why, if they provide the game with a free to play model and I've asked that my account be reverted to a free to play version, why they have refused to revert and refund. I've gotten a sense that they are acting unscrupulously and told them so and left it at that. I suspect there may be legal grounds to challenge their N0N REFUNDABLE condition in this case but it just isn't worth it for $65.

Comments

• Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    omegaLUL it's completely your fault for not knowing what you're trading for. and the reason it's non-refundable is because of how a company has to treat its customers. they have to treat everyone equally for legal reasons. and if one person got a refund for zen they already used , everyone should be able to get one, and they'd go bankrupt.

not only that, but refunding spent zen is like buying a shirt, ripping it apart and then asking for a replacement or a refund. it's on you, buddy.