test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Issues w/Rain of Arrows, Cordon of Arrows & Split the Sky

I am having minor but annoying issues using these 3 powers.
- I found during some boss fights (like Kabal in Spellplague) the targeting reticle is not visible for all 3 of these powers
- Rain & Cordon of Arrows will sometimes flip my view 180 degrees causing me to waste the shot
- The visual effect of Split the Sky will completely "cloud" my view of the area making it difficult to target my next few attacks.
Anyone else having this issue?
And is this something maybe Arc can look into fixing?

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Also interested in hearing if others are having these issues :) Would help us to get the scope on if this is widespread or specific to accounts/settings.
  • Options
    mrrad#3895 mrrad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Same here - on PC
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Split The Sky clouding the view has been a problem for as long as I've been playing. I've had groups tell me to stop using it because of this. I've complied because they have a point, but doing so reduces my dps as an archer. I've never experienced the other problems reported by the OP.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Split the Sky is an issue when it comes to top-down viewing on the battle.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Same here (on PC, but can provide pics of the same issue he's having).
    Figured I'd show similar stuff happening with DC (since I'm on that char atm).

You'll see:
    1- bonegrinder
    2- bonegrinder, same spot, but different angle. Notice the dirt now affecting the target.
    3- Rug and chains, because why not.

https://imgur.com/a/NSFqlwN
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    these problems are as old as the sun with hr. it's always been so. dc also does it with powers that require a target area
  • Options
    yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I have never had any of these issues.
    Sounds to me like you have the aoe targeting assist toggled on in the options menu.