test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2018! What's your thoughts/expectations of the game?

oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited January 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Mine:

-Solo version of group content, including having your own companions for each character group with you, instead of strangers in queues AND Stronghold Heroics(companions as team has been done in STO and the coding/graphics team is basically the same for Cryptic games I believe).

-Obviously new races and classes and artifact all equipment(rings etc also maybe one more slot to increase them to 5 overall too). Come to think of it, why not artifact companions?(e.g. some Golem types and of similar nature). Cap rise. More stories on established Characters of the genre.

-Naming slots for our mounts and equipment. And naming the ultimate crafters as well(the ones you use when you've upgraded to lvl 25 the profession and personal rank of crafter too{the ones you need 4 of the previous lvl to make 1 of}).

-For Simril, Rank 4: Mythic Fishing pole, something like ice skates, or shoes that you can wear on cracking ice from one side of a frozen lake to the other to get something Cepheid asks from you to retrieve and obviously more crafting. Increase the level of your crafter to get the jobs done faster or get a second one.

-More Unicorn based (e.g. type/color) mounts. I have a character that uses them and would like the variations -depending on the terrain of the campaign.

-Give players a choise on old characters to get them up to date interface wise to newer ones(I'm talking the mount/artifact etc. switch{6 for mount and 7 for artifact for older characters, 7&3 for newer ones respectively}. I have alot of characters and it's almost always troublesome.) Do something about the titles. So I have for instance Caturday Survivor. So what? Can you use it on content? That would be interesting.

-When you get multiples of the same companion(especially through means like starlight bags and therefore BtC) use them as upgrade tokens for that specific companion, as in for a green companion make them equal to 15 tokens, for a blue 30, for a purple 45. So they're useful for something and you're not stack with 2 when only 1 is usable in-game. Take note: I'm NOT suggesting to use e.g. a helmite ghost to upgrade a battlefield medic; only identical ones should be used for that process imo.

-For Chult:As I see it it is based mostly on Arabic and Native American cultures. NA is covered pretty well, and so is Arabic, with the exception of weapon looks. Since there is a look available with Pilgrim armor, and excluding the Wootz Kilij, there is no Arabic based sword for GF and GWF. Something like this for GWF and this or this for GF.

-Can they do some Underwater based campaign content(similar to real world Atlantis myths)? That might be interesting. Have no idea if there is something like that in D&D though.

-Ability to swap my characters in starting screen in desired places(which I don't know why it isn't an option already). I may have created a character at a certain point and another one after that character that I might grow to like better. I don't see why I can't put it were I want it to be play-wise, since I created that character and shaped it more or less as I wanted(within the games and respective companies' limitations ofc).

-Changing the looks of your companion to what you prefer, like we can do more or less with mounts. Now I understand this could be tricky, so I'm proposing parameters such as:1)Existant animation set(as in, if you have companions of a specific class e.g the clerics/healers you can only get from them, cause certain abilities would look weird with certain animation sets), 2)Gender would have to be a factor(e.g., you have priestess of Sune, it would look odd if you replace the looks with, say, Battlefield Medic and still keep the old name- so we'd better not have that as an option). Any other parameters regarding companions the devs can think of.

-VIP Rank(if they go higher than twelve and frankly even if they don't go higher, cause it would be useful):
Travel from the summoned signpost to one of the previous 5-10 positions you called a travel signpost from.

(Edited due to minor changes, typo corrections and thinks I've added).
Post edited by oclos on

Comments

• Options
    astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I "hope" there would be Egyptian mode with jackal-head humonoid (super-gnoll), crocodile-head humanoid, Scorpion mount, giant hippopotamuses, (etc) and a Greek/Roman mode with centaur companion (that gallop long with player's mount), Satyr companion, Titan, (etc.)....And lot of dungeons!
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    oclos said:

Mine:

-Solo version of group content, including having your own companions for each character group with you, instead of strangers in queues AND Stronghold Heroics(companions as team has been done in STO and the team is basically the same for Cryptic games)....

That's an impressive list. I like the "Obviously new races and classes" line. LOL
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I expect to see at least 2 mods and 2 half mods, first being finishing the Chult story, then next being whatever the next WotC big release is. I expect to see more 500 ilevel armor, and probably the primal armor to replace the relic in the seals store. And more hunts, with more armors, maybe ilevel 500 instead of 480.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    I have almost no real expectations. What I do have are hopes and wishes.

I would love to see some of the items from Oclos' list but I will keep them in my dream list so I do not get disappointed. :smile:

My favorites from the list would be.....
    oclos said:

Mine:

-When you get multiples of the same companion (especially through means like starlight bags and therefore BtC) use them as upgrade tokens for that specific companion, as in for a green companion make them equal to 30 tokens, for a blue 30, for a purple 45. So they're useful for something and you're not stack with 2 when only 1 is usable in-game. Take note: I'm NOT suggesting to use e.g. a helmite ghost to upgrade a battlefield medic; only identical ones should be used for that process imo.

-Can they do some Underwater based campaign content(similar to real world Atlantis myths)? That might be interesting. Have no idea if there is something like that in D&D though.

-Ability to swap my characters in starting screen in desired places(which I don't know why it isn't an option already). I may have created a character at a certain point and another one after that character that I might grow to like better. I don't see why I can't put it were I want it to be play-wise, since I created that character and shaped it more or less as I wanted(within the games and respective companies' limitations ofc).

Well done Oclos.

• Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    more content than these daily capped campaigns which quests get useless after 1 month and more dungeons to run and to be worth running with both worth/guaranted rewards and a true difficulty, not gated behind a damage fest which makes it both hardly achievable for mid game people in high end dungeons and incredibly boring because zero challenge in low dungeons.

Oh and personally a whole gwf rework

And more generally new things, no classic revamping, it gets boring.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

oclos said:

Mine:

-Solo version of group content, including having your own companions for each character group with you, instead of strangers in queues AND Stronghold Heroics(companions as team has been done in STO and the team is basically the same for Cryptic games)....

That's an impressive list. I like the "Obviously new races and classes" line. LOL
    Well I don't limit it to 2018 ONLY, ofc. I don't know if ALL of the things on the list would be doable in a single year. However I do think that as much as races and classes are concerned we shall see - at least - one of each added to Neverwinter Online within 2018.

I have almost no real expectations. What I do have are hopes and wishes.

I would love to see some of the items from Oclos' list but I will keep them in my dream list so I do not get disappointed. :smile:

My favorites from the list would be.....

oclos said:

Mine:

-When you get multiples of the same companion (especially through means like starlight bags and therefore BtC) use them as upgrade tokens for that specific companion, as in for a green companion make them equal to 30 tokens, for a blue 30, for a purple 45. So they're useful for something and you're not stack with 2 when only 1 is usable in-game. Take note: I'm NOT suggesting to use e.g. a helmite ghost to upgrade a battlefield medic; only identical ones should be used for that process imo.

Well done Oclos.

Thank you. I did update the Green companion token price btw, cause 30 was a typo and since it's lower level than the blue and it costs less to update to blue lvl status.

-Also, minor add-ons to my list:
    VIP Rank(if they go higher than twelve and frankly even if they don't go higher, cause it would be useful):
    Travel from signpost to one of the previous 5-10 positions you called a travel signpost from.

Simril:Rank 4(?) so you can increase the level of your crafter to do jobs faster or get a second one.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    New modules that don't contain daily quests. While I do hope for a Bard class, the increasing amount of daily quests can affect enjoying new classes.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    It would be a joy if they could get the Foundry back up and keep it stable for more than 90 total days out of the entire year. It would also be great if they could re-incorporate UGC into the daily or weekly gaming experience, re-introducing the Foundry Spotlight by featuring qualifying quests would go a long way, as would implementation of a meaningful reward system that benefits player/stronghold progression.

*steps down from Foundry soapbox*

Diversity wise, new races and classes would certainly mix up current groups. Focus more on tactical difficulty and less on raw power to overwhelm enemies would be a good direction also. As with all things related to Neverwinter, we'll just have to wait and see...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    1) level cap increase

that's it. new powers, new feats, new everything. if they do it as well as say, underdark, it could be great. another nice thing would be being able to trade 2 leg rings you have for another one you need as long as it's the same IL (so 2x greater krig rings for a single greater dod or rising power or smth).

also, maybe more comp gear available in the seal of the brave store? all with 2 slots, please (and 2x offense/defense and so on)
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Rings with three offense slots >:)

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Being someone who mostly PVEs, the ability to have multiple companions would be my #1 wish list but I totally do not see that ever happening.

Frankly I would be happy if they just went back to the old content and updated it to make it consistent. I would also like to see them "fix" the CW and actually allow them to control the battlefield again instead of just being another DSP dispenser. Same with the cleric, give them a reason to actually heal and not just act like they are applying turtle wax - aka buffing. The Archer path of the HR needs a reason to exist - aka actually be desired in a dungeon group instead of begging to get in.
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    If I could make New Year's Resolutions for OTHER people, I'd say we should expect to see posts from CMs at least 2-3 times per week and at least once per week from Devs, minimum

When we got that tracker on the main page to show how often and where Cryptic folks were posting, it seemed like the beginning of something... Now its just kind of a sad reminder how little this community seems to mean to those in charge

We seem to have this false dichotomy that time can either be spent fixing things or communicating, which in my experience is a common mistake many dev shops make UNTIL they learn better and realize the whole job is the job, and just prioritizing the parts you think are important quickly becomes everything except whatever it is you are working on right now is not important and won't ever possibly cause problems later on down the road

It may be common knowledge that MMOs are dying off, but plenty of consumers still pay tons of money to play them, so maybe the presumed death of this genre is more due to how common the MMOs have become... and by common I mean none of them are actually very exciting anymore, or even fun for that matter, over the long term

Doesn't have to be that way...

Every day there are bugs found, features requested and some really great suggestions made on this forum, and maybe 1% ever get acknowledged

Player commitment is a two-way street... Once we lose hope that Neverwinter might ever be a game we enjoy playing, we go find something else to do

If you guys commit to bringing hope back into this game, you will be doing something we can all be proud of, something revolutionary

...and it all starts with communication
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Being someone who mostly PVEs, the ability to have multiple companions would be my #1 wish list but I totally do not see that ever happening.

-Why not? I can easily see it happening. I don't think it would be that difficult, especially considering the mechanic already exists in STO, so a large portion of it would basically be transfering that code and enabling it/updating it for Neverwinter.
    If there is a will to add it(by the devs)there will be a way to get this. And I think there is the will to do so, since it is desirable by many players and Cryptic and other companies want players to play the games they make.
    --------------

-Also I don't know if MMO's are a dying kind. There were too many MMO's to begin with. I suspect only the best will survive and if it manages to move toward the right direction, Neverwinter could be one of them and last for many many years. I'm personally sick and tired of various versions of PVP I've seen I don't want more. If it means no more WoW, LoL, DoTA, so be it. On the other hand PVE pure/based MMOs arent a thing yet and the market is lacking on this section. This would be the right direction in my opinion.

In addition looks like alot of games are now "forcibly" online just cause the companies want the stats for them, even though they're meant to be solo and offline for the individual player(I don't care if they have multiplayer and what versions those are, stop messing with my individual gameplay dammit!{That's my rant towards all gaming companies behaving like that, not Cryptic in particular, who doesn't make such games anyway to begin with}). There is too much co-*** I think its getting stale.

Also I considerably disagree with the practice "let's add that mechanic and see if it's played/used and if so, all is good, else try something different". Devs should read what is written, have a specific person or team to gather the best ideas and see how can they be IF and WHEN and WERE possible to improve the player experience. NOT add to their misery like alot of the suggestions I often see are about. Cause frankly, who wants that? It's supposed to be fun. IF it's not fun any longer you'll eventually stop playing it. Now, obviously if they have those great ideas they must add, there is the preview servers for that as well. That's why previews exist, so you don't apply all concepts if they don't work as concieved.

As opposed to what has been said, I don't think that it's necessary for the devs to contribute to discussions. Especially considering that, sadly, alot of commenters I've seen through the years are just spiteful, rude and have issues in their lives that seem to try to pass into devs that simply want to make an enjoyable game(that is IF and WHEN they try to do this{making or trying to make an enjoyable for the players game that doesn't add to their daily frustration and anxieties}. If they don't, be my guest, make their lives hell and dog eat dog, ya know?). Or just have fun on others expense or trolling(one of the reasons I largely don't play STO these days and exclude zone etc. commenting...so much useless trolling). No devs and basically none-period should have to put up with that.

To add my opinion on how discussion should be made: Internet anonimity is a bigger and bigger issue. First off and IF there will be discussion, there CANNOT be ANONYMOUS discussion in any aspect in my opinion. It can't be only that the devs are known to the extent they are known. And a random nobody, laughs/mocks or misbehaves with something they do or say that simply. Having a bad day? Keep your mouth and/or laughter shut. Have an intense opinion, wanna laugh with someone/mock them/be negative about what they do? Name and signature, beforehand. Or no game. With whatever consequences that might have(shouldn't be a problem if people have an opinion they feel they MUST share. They should also learn that expressing themselves and discussion can and will have consequences depending on what they say or how they say it). And try to behave if possible. DEVS are also people they are not machines and I can fully and totally undesrtand them if they don't want to participate in discussions with "keyboard heroes"(frankly I don't know how they put up with some of the community the way they do. I know I wouldn't have.)
    --------------

-This thread is kinda like my personal notes addressed to the devs as well, so I'll add to it from time to time.
    Thoughts of it I had recently were that if they go over legendary and mythic I'd like to see something like deified &/or extravagant for equipment/enchants.(I'll probably edit this portion cause there was more to it that I've forgotten)