test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bring back Genies Gifts

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
edited December 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
I'd like to see these come back in the next lockbox plz!! I know I can get them from old boxes but I'd rather the new contents but miss having these!

Comments

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

I'd like to see these come back in the next lockbox plz!! I know I can get them from old boxes but I'd rather the new contents but miss having these!

I've gotten Genie's Gifts from opening the parcels during the event.
  • Options
    rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Bring back profession boxes too! Price of assets is getting out of hand :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I've often wondered why they have yet to offer lockboxes that award more Blue, Purple, and yes even Legendary (Orange) Professional assets yet? Although I guess that's why the Gond Artifact has such appeal for anyone who does Mastercraft.

Still there isn't sadly that much to craft these days... Having professions at 25 that only gets you at the starting point, and even Mastercraft I doesn't expand the items you're able to craft which it should. While the best items are only achieved by earning the maximum mastercraft rank a lot more should be offered for those who have a least Mastercraft I while there working towards Mastercraft II &/or Mastercraft III.

:o
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    There was a lockbox (1.5 years ago) that gave good profession asset. It was so "good" that it crashed the profession asset price in AH. If you want those, look for the old lockbox. I know quite a few people were very upset by that lockbox. They were 'earning' good AD before that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User

There was a lockbox (1.5 years ago) that gave good profession asset. It was so "good" that it crashed the profession asset price in AH. If you want those, look for the old lockbox. I know quite a few people were very upset by that lockbox. They were 'earning' good AD before that.

And the name of this lock box is..... :smile:
  • Options

And the name of this lock box is..... :smile:
    I am not 100% sure because I was not cashing in through that back then. I believe it was Firemane lockbox.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User

That's actually funny because I had a friend quit the game because all they got with daily key was professions packs.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    edited January 2018

That's actually funny because I had a friend quit the game because all they got with daily key was professions packs.
    That was why I said that crashed the price of the market and many "depended" on earning AD through higher price. They were pissed and they did quit too (for a different reason).
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    reg1981 said:

Bring back profession boxes too! Price of assets is getting out of hand :cold_sweat:

Well, the next lockbox is all finished up and it is past the time we'd make significant changes to the contents. But that said, you should both stay tuned ;) .
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    No no more professions boxes thats like the only thing I got in old lockboxes.

Seriously, I once got 25 boxes in a month. Killin' me, man.

Mod edited to remove SHOUTY caps.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    I agree to genie's gifts comming back but only if you get 3 of them. 3 genie's gifts fully covers the cost of the enchanted key you opened the box with but 1 or 2 means you lost money.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

I'd like to make another pitch for future lockboxes. I would like to see a new series of up to date purple level up gear get released as a lockbox prize. We used to have ensorcelled mulhorand gear in older lockboxes that dropped fairly often. That was always nice to get because it sells for a good chunk of AD and you could use it on alts if need be.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Actually the only thing that needs to change is to add the chance for Ultimate Enchanting stones to drop from any lockbox.
    those that want proffesion assets can go back and open old lock boxes and those that want genie gifts can do the same .
    the major problem right now is EVERYONE NEEDS Ultimate enchanting stones and they only drop from the new lock box or from the glorious resurgence lock box...unless you want to grind Tomb of nine gods for a few years.

I myself prefered to open previous lockboxes that had proffesion asset packs so i had a chance (very slim) to get a legendary asset,have not had one drop yet but thats what i prefered to try with my VIP daily keys,unfortunately like many i cant do that as i now need 50 or more Ultimate enchanting stones.
    As all my enchants are now R13 im slowly filling in the required Rp for the final R14 upgrade but lack the Ultimate enchanting stones and since they are a rare drop even from lock boxes it will take me a year or more just from VIP to get enough.
    Considering theyre still close to 1 million AD each on auction house im not wasting AD to buy them.
    And with the rediculious low drop rate in ToNG combined with how long it takes to do ToNG and how hard it is to find a team,the only option is lockboxes.
    So it seems to me the obvious and easiest solution is to add Ultimate enchanting stone to the loot tables for all previous enchantment boxes that dropped from previous lock boxes that sets everything back the way it used to be where noone would be disadvantaged by opening old lockboxes if there was something they particularly liked from it.
  • Options
    For getting old lockbox, they can put back what they did years ago ... a weekend of dropping "gone" lockboxes. On the other hand, that may not be a popular event because I can see people complaining about the event taking over their inventory space.
  • Options
    rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Getting the old lockboxes is not really a bit issue.. the issue is that 95% of that lockbox contains lower value loot, so in the end you will lose a lot of AD to get a chance on what you actually need. Especially for the professions assets (legendary tool/purple workers); Who is going to open old lockboxes for those?
  • Options
    miguelfdz said:

Pls don't take out companion packs from lockboxes at the next mod! yeah, I've heard news.

If you worry about it, stash lockbox. It only takes one slot.