test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chult lure nonsense

So I just learned that if you place a lure and die that the lure is consumed and you fail the hunt. So basically, I just wasted a lure on a hunt I’d never done before (the one in the tomb, Fang of Dendar). Who came up with this nonsense? I feel cheated and that I wasted my time on this. Wow. I’d rather the enemy had refilled his health and I been able to attempt it again. But no.

These trophies rarely drop. I’ve fought at least 10 T. rex yesterday and got nothing. Neither did my guildmate and no, I didn’t have a T. rex fang in my inventory. I used it, to make the lure that just got wasted. Wow
Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.

Comments

• Options
    rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Make sure you also dont have a lure in your personal bank. Trex drop is 100% chance
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

So I just learned that if you place a lure and die that the lure is consumed and you fail the hunt. So basically, I just wasted a lure on a hunt I’d never done before (the one in the tomb, Fang of Dendar). Who came up with this nonsense? I feel cheated and that I wasted my time on this. Wow. I’d rather the enemy had refilled his health and I been able to attempt it again. But no.

These trophies rarely drop. I’ve fought at least 10 T. rex yesterday and got nothing. Neither did my guildmate and no, I didn’t have a T. rex fang in my inventory. I used it, to make the lure that just got wasted. Wow

If you didn't get a drop, you are either have one in your bags or bank or you may be fighting the regular Tyrannosaurus and not the Rex. The regular will never drop a fang. As Rainer stated, t-rex drop for fangs is 100% if you don't have one. Store them in the mail until you are ready to make lures.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Store all the lures you receive in your mail. Safest way to farm it. Be it ogre bone or batiri thingy or a talon. All should go in your mail. So one doesn't get forgotten in your inventory or bank and then you receive nothing either way. You did not hear it from me. Nope. I did not tell ya anything. If someone asks , you know nothing. <_<
    Post edited by araneax on
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I can't imagine trying to farm for lures without VIP far enough to summon a postal portal... just saying.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    jamman#0735 jamman Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Ravenskya ask Shmeff how fun it is to farm without VIP lol We would be in group and you hear Hey guys T-rex here, everyone runs over gets loot then you hear Shmeff umm hey can i get a mailbox please. And Wardy yelling at Dave "Dave are you by me ya wardy whats up" (as he pulls 10 little dinosaurs to wardy) "Dave I'm trying to mail myself something and you keep making me get attacked loosing my mailbox...... Stay right there Dave"
    Lolea - 70 OP Healadin / Tank
    Jamrocks - 70 CW
    plus 8 extra characters that I thought I was only buying 4 ended up being doubled.
    Lesson Learned
    #1- Read small print before making Zen purchases
    #2- Do not be Hebrewinated (aka drinking) while making purchases
    #3- Refer back to Rule #2
    Member of The House Stargaryen PS4
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Trex fangs are not 100% drop rate. They are if you're solo. They are if you're in a group as well, provided no one else comes up to "help". But if the help does more dps than you or your group, your group only gets one fang to be handed out however you have loot drops set.

Therefore, you're better off no being in a group when farming. Not sure if this is wai or not. But thats the way it currently is.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

Ravenskya ask Shmeff how fun it is to farm without VIP lol We would be in group and you hear Hey guys T-rex here, everyone runs over gets loot then you hear Shmeff umm hey can i get a mailbox please. And Wardy yelling at Dave "Dave are you by me ya wardy whats up" (as he pulls 10 little dinosaurs to wardy) "Dave I'm trying to mail myself something and you keep making me get attacked loosing my mailbox...... Stay right there Dave"

Shmeff doesn't have VIP? WTF? Lol. So was he running around in ToNG with 999K injury kits?

That's okay, Dragon (who we temporarily lost to Destiny) has like 400 days of rank 1 VIP courtesy of the Key Sale. She can't bring herself to get more to upgrade her status.

But yeah - chult - land of 1000 postal portals. I wish they would just do away with that, it's an inane requirement.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    It's so much fun without mailbox, you guys have no idea. Like you go to CV to turn in a quest and you spot two Bigclaws. You kill them and one drops a pincer, yay! You're merrily back on your way... and you spot another group of Bigclaws. You stop and cry your poor little low-VIP heart out and continue with your quest, carefully skirting around the Bigclaws and throwing longing looks over your shoulder back at them.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

It's so much fun without mailbox, you guys have no idea. Like you go to CV to turn in a quest and you spot two Bigclaws. You kill them and one drops a pincer, yay! You're merrily back on your way... and you spot another group of Bigclaws. You stop and cry your poor little low-VIP heart out and continue with your quest, carefully skirting around the Bigclaws and throwing longing looks over your shoulder back at them.

The is a classic "sounds good on paper" mechanic that a developer thought was a good idea, but never actually tried. Based on a few other posts I've seen lately, they are pretty much now allowed to add things in with little to no approval if they deem it worthy (changing the way the daily dungeon SH quests work for example with no thought), so we will probably see more of this.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Shmeff doesn't have VIP? WTF? Lol. So was he running around in ToNG with 999K injury kits?

That's okay, Dragon (who we temporarily lost to Destiny) has like 400 days of rank 1 VIP courtesy of the Key Sale. She can't bring herself to get more to upgrade her status.

But yeah - chult - land of 1000 postal portals. I wish they would just do away with that, it's an inane requirement.
    I'm at Rank 11 and have no desire to really play NW at the moment. Divinity Original Sin EE is well, consuming whatever time I can devote to gaming and well...it is what I look for in a RPG style game. Reminds me a lot of BG and DA:O with more of a BG feel.

Cannot wait for Divinity 2 to hit PS4.
  • Options
    sam01258sam01258 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    This lure thing was suppose to be fixed a bit in the last patch, at least that's what it says.

Drop rate is horrid, worst thing in a long while in this game.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    sam01258 said:

This lure thing was suppose to be fixed a bit in the last patch, at least that's what it says.

Drop rate is horrid, worst thing in a long while in this game.

Lore *

Not lure.

Lore definition :
    The body of knowledge, especially of a traditional, anecdotal, or popular nature, on a particular subject.
    For example : the lore of herbs.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User

So I just learned that if you place a lure and die that the lure is consumed and you fail the hunt.

It is clearly stated in the text from the NPC Volothamp Geddarm:

"Regardless of the outcome of the hunt, the lure is consumed in the process."

also

"Hunting is a very dangerous activity in these parts, I'm told. It is dangerous to go alone."

Not sure what the lure vs lore thing is about.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Well, I’m not concerned with LORE.
    I was with another guildy and I died. When the guildy tried to revive me they died. The camp fire was 1 room away from the hunt. It failed because we both died.
    What seems more of an issue is that the trophies don’t always drop and if they do and you’re in a group only 1 drops for the group. This makes it a lot more time consuming and difficult to create lures.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Hunting solo/without scrolls is risky.

Hunts offer pretty strong equipment that even a fresh level 70 can have access to so the trophy drop rate being low makes sense. If non-fang trophy's dropped for the whole group/multiple players unfortunately it would make the equipment that much easier to obtain/easier to exploit.

Lures can also be traded for, somebody somewhere has a trophy others are seeking, they will either cost time and or AD to obtain.

Unfortunately part of the reason the hunt failed was because of trying to revive each other, a number of the lured mobs have a quick firing attack(s)/AoE that can make reviving others difficult. Had the other player kept fighting there probably would have been a good chance that you could have returned in time to continue (especially with the respawn point being that close) or had you returned before the other player "timed out"/released when they went down. Lured hunts don't despawn unless no "live" player is present and in combat with it, "down" pretty much still counts as present and in combat as long as the timer hasn't reached "0" and the character dies.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen