test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beholder Tank drop rate

To all concerned with PS4 NW economy,

The decision to reduce the Beholder Tank drop rate from 1% to 0.1% has really hurt the games economy as those people who exploited it by rejoining at the end now have insane amounts of diamonds and can now control the prices on common items people need to upgrade.

By reducing the drop rate you have increased the Beholders value even more giving further advantage to these cheats and have prevented other people from making any diamonds by getting one fairly with a 1/100 chance.

This is driving people away from playing, I know plenty of people who have quit due to this as some items have increased dramatically in price as the now cashed up individuals seek to control the market, buying only certain items at lower prices and then jacking up the price even further. When you have entire guilds of people co coordinating these efforts it gives very little chance for a new player or existing player at rolling a new character and getting it up to end game with the prices that have sky rocketed.

We still have 1 week left for this event, would be great if the drop rate was increased to try and level out the playing field. Better yet, give everyone a Beholder tank that's bound to account, that would devalue it completely, and would prevent these cheats from controlling the market as easily as they are right now.

Don't do anything and you might never recover, if you want to see the player base continue to grow and more people playing on this platform something needs to be done to fix what has been broken.

Cheers,
Mid

Comments

• Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    It's a legendary mount. I'm curious what the lock box griffin comes in at. (Honestly don't know, just honestly curious) as far as drop rate goes..

That said it takes no money to try for it unlike the griffin so I'd assume it to be way less.

As far as currency talk that's all above my pay grade but those running the event continually for the month get no AD for the event, & I dont think that dungeon drops the lesser unbound loot either (slimes, pets, wardrobe etc) to even sell...so you have a symbiotic relationship. I know guys who want that bad who have been AD farming like mad since it hit the house. A months worth of time equates a ton of AD, though some lucky buggers got it right off.

I'm not sure it will ruin it for anyone per say. It's not like a dollar in the American economy, rather it's a very rare good. I'd imagine most who buy it would rather keep it than flip it but who knows. This is for Econ fans more than myself & tbh I'm rather sure I know next to nothing on its equivalent to the real world other than basics.

If a nitwit will help get the ball rolling though, lol....there's my contribution.

If the next event or even the one after that introduced other sought after items & is totally random...sure an investor from this event has a leg up....since its random though & at heart a game being played to improve a character not game a market (& yes I realize for some that is the game & very fun, I played Wall Street Kid on the SNES!) well..,. I just hope (& admittedly again, don't know) that it won't be so bad.

Here's hoping anyway!

Oh & Cheers right back at ya!
  • Options
    priso#7381 priso Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    The chance was 0.03% since first day, the reason the first 6 days of the artifact's shop was dropping so much tank, was because almost the entire game were farming it out, but since the bug with the tank, less and less people are farming it out, also the price it's sky rocking it's because the flipping
  • Options
    shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Cheats? What cheat?
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    Personally I'd just like to see some perma bans for the cheaters. that would do it.
  • Options
    midpoint#3070 midpoint Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I don't think they will go the ban route, sneaking suspicion is some are big spenders and would hurt arc more if they did.

That said I'd rather they just gave one to everyone which would be great for the economy as the people who benefited most from the exploit would have something in inventory that would be rendered worthless.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    big spenders to the off site ad vendors you mean. no I dont' think it would hurt them at all.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Closing this up as flame bait. Just to be 100% clear - there was NOT an exploit on PS4 concerning the Beholder mount. There was no "hotfix" to fix one. The devs are not able to hotfix the consoles - every patch requires approval from Microsoft or Sony, respectively, and downtime. I can assure you 100% that there WAS NOT an exploit.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.