test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

With such individuals in community there is no help saving PVP

matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
edited September 2016 in PvP Discussion
Hi fellow Gamers, dear Mods and Devs!

I didn't write lately on forums, cause i had some nasty RL issues (family members in and out of several hospitals), but whenever i had time i was looking at the forums.

We all can agree, that PVP was in a bad state in Mod 9 too, but boy is Mod 10 worse. Some people went nuts over the new armor sets and are face rolling everyone. I know i can't name and blame anybody, so i will try to give a picture without it, although all of us, who are here since longer, know who the individuals i am talking about are.

So since days there is a 3 man troll made, 2 GFs and a Pally, all guild leaders or officers and khmmm well known to be PUG slayers.

I was with the x-th team in PVP, cause i go always solo and each time i experienced the same, these guys don't care for gg, don't let you get points and they abuse ambush and all sorts of cheesy stuff 24/7 and always run together, holding each others hand.

Only hope to play from them is to wait till they go sleep or whatever. Unbearable...

My point is, i am really amazed at how dumb people can be, PVP is nearly dead, the pages of active players shrinks from Mod to Mod and still some can't get it, they will linger here until they ruin the remaining fun and scare of the rest with their non-quality behavior.

Devs should really think of a way of preventing this mess, if they care just a tiny bit about the future of PVP in this game. Such individuals can do harm way bigger than they personally are. Just imagine, how many old and new players leave PVP and they won't be paying customers again, at least not until things evolve in the right direction! So easy to understand, why can't the suits get it, *shakes head*...

Oh yes and i am not biased against anything, i just love to speak out the truth, i will also gladly admit, i had my best PVP match in years yesterday, with a group of solo players and all a mix of different classes, no troll made and yes voila miracle happened, we had a very very close match full of fun, so yes it can be done, of course it needs help from Devs. What kind of help? Prevention, prevention of people being able to do nasty things, cause there are always some, who if not in a tight environment will act hazardous.

I think i was speaking mildly enough even for Mods' taste.

Thank you!
The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
David Icke

Comments

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    huh, hun bro is back :p

on topic - 1premade que, 2solo que. in this systém there is no place for trolls like that. just both competitive enviroments for all. not easy farm or easy trolling
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Given the over-geared nature of PVP in this game, I'm still surprised the developers/managers don't want to promote it more. For awhile I thought they might be planning on a phase-out of PVP, but instead they just let it wander....
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    as pointed - cryptic has very small team for neverwinter and simply everything else went under the carpet while xbox and console development. its really that easy. i experience the same scenario with elder scrolls online.

finally ps2 was released and out of nowhere there will be new pvp mode in future, some number of year long horrendous bugs are miraculously fixed within few weeks. striker class can finallly strike at pvp again after so long time. unbelievable.

after so a long time i pvping daily again (since i get lionsmane), i hope que changes will be soon (really that naive i am) to help pvp even more and new NCL. they are just completely hidding everything since they were trolled by missing surprise leaked by panderus (not defend them for that). announcement can be every day, you never know. Amenar appear for 3 weeks and even fixed some only pvp issues (HR dont do zero damage but has piercing, Knight challenge, Panderus apply pvp diminishing heals on insignias), so its not meant to wander freely.

i really want title "console launch survivor" , many of us deserve him
  • Options
    vinceent1 said:

as pointed - cryptic has very small team for neverwinter and simply everything else went under the carpet while xbox and console development. its really that easy. i experience the same scenario with elder scrolls online.

finally ps2 was released and out of nowhere there will be new pvp mode in future, some number of year long horrendous bugs are miraculously fixed within few weeks. striker class can finallly strike at pvp again after so long time. unbelievable.

after so a long time i pvping daily again (since i get lionsmane), i hope que changes will be soon (really that naive i am) to help pvp even more and new NCL. they are just completely hidding everything since they were trolled by missing surprise leaked by panderus (not defend them for that). announcement can be every day, you never know. Amenar appear for 3 weeks and even fixed some only pvp issues (HR dont do zero damage but has piercing, Knight challenge, Panderus apply pvp diminishing heals on insignias), so its not meant to wander freely.

I must have missed it. What new PVP mode? Diminishing heals on insignias? Those I missed, I have to agree with the rest. I'm ready for the GWF re-work now!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    etelgrin said:

I met you Santra in dom today, I think you should work towards improving your survivability and pvp build at first before engaging into these conclusions. I know PvP is no easy field to enter but dont get angry on others for playing the game, if its something you cant find yourself in then maybe new Fangbreaker Island will live up to be challanging content you do.

Angry? I'm not sure I posted anything angry here. I don't believe I said anything "angry" in dom today, either. If you beat me, cheers!
  • Options
    curagaultimacuragaultima Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Its more than just teamplay. the issue that compounds teaming is the ability to twink yourself out and use end game enchants on weapons, and max enchant your armor.

Ask any long time pvper and they will tell you, it's the tactic vs tactic dance that makes pvp enjoyable. Skill HAS to matter, the gear should NEVER be something you can use to insulate yourself from losing. Early on in Neverwinter, when i first started playing, the auction house was filled with weapons and items (blue and green) that i could use to design a style of play for my characters. i could stack life drains, attack, defense- whatever i thought i needed to improve at the way i played my class; And each pvp match was a proving ground for my spec and equipment choices.

For me, and i think many others, the fun of pvp is this process-the cycle of trial and error, where not only your performance on the map matters, but also the time you spend camping the Auction house for items, and your ever increasing understanding of game mechanics. Your experience and the bumps and bruises you earn facing off against people better than you is what i lived for.

For a very long time, things were great, i've pvp'd in almost ever major mmo release since everquest, and i can tell you, early neverwinter & STO were perhaps the most fun in pvp i've had in all my time pvping (honorable mention to planetside 1 & daoc)

The formula was perfect. I think, you have to keep a close eye on those players who min and max not to compete, but to become untouchable. If there's no chance for failure or victory, the game becomes boring very fast. I hope that other game companies learn from the mistakes of the past. Players who abuse unfair advantages, and oversights in design, dont care about your game or the community. They just want to to see it burn for their own reasons. If you care about pvp, these trends have to be taken seriously and steps must be taken so that uniqueness is preserved and a sense of fairness and "winnability" persists for the pvpers who love to battle.

i came back to see about pvp a day ago, and the queues seem empty. i'm sad that it seems to be over now, at least for the level 10 thru 50 brackets i always enjoyed so much. If that's so i just want to say, thanks for offering such a great game for as long as you could, i truly enjoyed myself, and im sure i'm not alone.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    thats the thing @curagaultima. only a few and mostly bis still pvping and i sadly suspect that too many of them just defend their "progression into absurdity" at all cost. however ultimate change that can makle things better are at least soft caps. pvp is completely p2win nowadays. dont need to be if care a bit and still be very profitable. its nowhere near it was before, greatest pvp game in ruins now.
    Post edited by vinceent1 on
  • Options

vinceent1 said:

I must have missed it. What new PVP mode? Diminishing heals on insignias? Those I missed, I have to agree with the rest. I'm ready for the GWF re-work now!
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1216237/what-new-pvp-mode-would-you-like-to-see-in-neverwinter/p1

bbascomdev still alive?

insignias. it was pointed by panderus, they will get pvped like other healing and poiunted in live patch notes. however i dont pvp much at that time so i cant recognize if it really apply, just hope yes
  • Options
    curagaultimacuragaultima Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    vinceent1 said:

however ultimate change that can make things better are at least soft caps. pvp is completely p2win nowadays. dont need to be if care a bit and still be very profitable. its nowhere near it was before, greatest pvp game in ruins now

i couldnt agree more, i thought that armor and weapons should have enchant caps that should grow slowly with your level, so if ur level 10+, you can enchant, +1 to +2, if your 20+, then +2 to +3 u get another point, on up to 60.

to combat pay2win, what i always thought they should do, is add cosmetic skins for pvpers to purchase. That way we can support the game without unbalancing it. outfits, weapon skins, pvp team insignias. The Skys the limit.

hmm.. pvp was on the decline for a while, i wonder what it was that finally killed it. I mean, clearly they wanted pvp to be good, and they made it great at first, otherwise we wouldnt have enjoyed it so much, but somewhere along the way the vision was lost. Maybe they lost the original designers? or maybe some higher ups took things in another direction. Sigh.. at least we have our memories.

\

• Options

vinceent1 said:

however ultimate change that can make things better are at least soft caps. pvp is completely p2win nowadays. dont need to be if care a bit and still be very profitable. its nowhere near it was before, greatest pvp game in ruins now

i couldnt agree more, i thought that armor and weapons should have enchant caps that should grow slowly with your level, so if ur level 10+, you can enchant, +1 to +2, if your 20+, then +2 to +3 u get another point, on up to 60.

to combat pay2win, what i always thought they should do, is add cosmetic skins for pvpers to purchase. That way we can support the game without unbalancing it. outfits, weapon skins, pvp team insignias. The Skys the limit.

hmm.. pvp was on the decline for a while, i wonder what it was that finally killed it. I mean, clearly they wanted pvp to be good, and they made it great at first, otherwise we wouldnt have enjoyed it so much, but somewhere along the way the vision was lost. Maybe they lost the original designers? or maybe some higher ups took things in another direction. Sigh.. at least we have our memories.

\

what kill it? when someone medium geared went to arena and do 100 damage to 100 000 and more hp paladin
  • Options

vinceent1 said:

probably add things like that for next NCL (reasonable timeline should be maybe as christmas gift )

although i dont know who is able to do another balance class changes
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    agree about that semipremade problem, it really should get a soulution like soloqueue and premadequeue, that can´t be so problematic.
    Just leave dom soloqueue and throw in a new ap, some forummember told they can build one in 10 minutes mirror some old stuff as allways.
    So new map will be playgrould for premades, low or no rewards, sure, to prevent any kind of abuses.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I don't think premades are the problm, access early on to gear is the problem, IL match up are the problem, bugs are the proble, unbalanced classes are the problem. There are a whole lot of problems in this game when it comes to PvP and there has not been a definitive statement given on "What exactly" is going to be done about it to fix it.

I think some what while there was problems with mod 4-5 PvP, mod 6 brought out a whole new horror for the PUG, new player, coming back to the game player or guildless/lower guild individual.

While i do beleive they have tried to help people with the gear descrepency by adding NCL, SH PvP gear and this new Warborn/Prestige gear you can buy from the zen/trade bar store, there still is the issue of balancing.

Getting hit for 600k in one button mash should never happen in PvP, even with 1.8 IL versus 4.2, being hit for 80k health in two at wills (currently) should never be possible.

There is a mass of things that you have going against you coming into PvP with Neverwinter. Now, while I will agree that you have to deal with ignorant people who don't respect GG calls, 1 vs 1 or any other things in dom and GG, it falls on the leaders to enforce this within the game (a lot of them turn a blind eye).

I hope things pan out for you man and I have to say, I have never attacked anyone and never will that call a GG or I know I can beat with my eyes closed I may play a Warlock, but I am an honorable Warlock.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    ye, even my own aliance comrade dont allow me to cap a point for reward, so whats is the point the whole aliance? shame really shame
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    gomok72 said:

I don't think premades are the problm, access early on to gear is the problem, IL match up are the problem, bugs are the proble, unbalanced classes are the problem. There are a whole lot of problems in this game when it comes to PvP and there has not been a definitive statement given on "What exactly" is going to be done about it to fix it.

I think some what while there was problems with mod 4-5 PvP, mod 6 brought out a whole new horror for the PUG, new player, coming back to the game player or guildless/lower guild individual.

While i do beleive they have tried to help people with the gear descrepency by adding NCL, SH PvP gear and this new Warborn/Prestige gear you can buy from the zen/trade bar store, there still is the issue of balancing.

Getting hit for 600k in one button mash should never happen in PvP, even with 1.8 IL versus 4.2, being hit for 80k health in two at wills (currently) should never be possible.

There is a mass of things that you have going against you coming into PvP with Neverwinter. Now, while I will agree that you have to deal with ignorant people who don't respect GG calls, 1 vs 1 or any other things in dom and GG, it falls on the leaders to enforce this within the game (a lot of them turn a blind eye).

I hope things pan out for you man and I have to say, I have never attacked anyone and never will that call a GG or I know I can beat with my eyes closed I may play a Warlock, but I am an honorable Warlock.

@strumslinger Is there ANY official statements that can be said about PvP for the future????
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    Thank you guys, all the advises appreciated! Good to see, that decent people are still in the game and in PVP. I still can see hope (someday at least), but as i wrote above, it needs the attention of Devs, they are the one who can set the rules, if there is no opportunity or the chance is minimized for misbehaving people then they can't do any damage, but until those "boarders" come to life, sadly a few will gank further.

Thank you all again!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    These days players (PUGs) that PvP only do it for Conqueror Shards. Without them there would probably only be one or two matches at a time.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Agreed with that sentiment Mr. Swordhand... and sometimes not even. Considering that they can pick up a Conq shard ever 5 days.

A change needs to happen at the top... for one reason only... when the content gets boring, the ONLY thing that is left to challenge many players is the PvP. Without that many players will leave the game entirely... taking their money with them.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    drkbodhi said:

Agreed with that sentiment Mr. Swordhand... and sometimes not even. Considering that they can pick up a Conq shard ever 5 days.

A change needs to happen at the top... for one reason only... when the content gets boring, the ONLY thing that is left to challenge many players is the PvP. Without that many players will leave the game entirely... taking their money with them.

well, pveers now get their hard toy, new dungeon. and looks like unless you are specialized hard on pve, you cant doing it regularly. So pve can be considered as hard, but pvp just frustrating.
  • Options
    bigbaddogiv#5034 bigbaddogiv Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    "Some people went nuts over the new armor sets and are face rolling everyone."

What new armor sets? I got on these forums to find out why my fairly fresh level 70 is getting melted so hard in EVERY pvp match I've been doing. Is this the reason why?...
  • Options
    "Every "fairly fresh level 70" toon will melt in PvP since the matchmaking allows to match you against BiS players who play the game since beta. Your gear set doesn't matter much in this case."

Well in that case what should I do or at the very least what should I start doing so I can actually properly compete in PVP again?
  • Options

"Some people went nuts over the new armor sets and are face rolling everyone."

What new armor sets? I got on these forums to find out why my fairly fresh level 70 is getting melted so hard in EVERY pvp match I've been doing. Is this the reason why?...

Mate there is the new Prestige set out, 2 types as usual, one more defensive one more offensive kind and if you wish you can mix them according to your build and needs.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    "You will need campaign boons/stronghold boons/gear set/rank 12 enchants/insignias/artifacts (mythic)."

Thank you for the advice. Of the things you mentioned which ones should I prioritize?