test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any idea what's next?

Comments

• Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    they tweeted that we arent getting an event due to preparations for guild alliances update... go figure...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    my only question is, What preparations? You've had the patch done for over a month. Isn't that what microsoft requires for new content? So what could you possibly be preparing for? Counting all that cash you made from Summer Fest? Come on, how hard can it be to click a button on your mouse and give us an event...

• Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    That would be a slap in the face/kick in the nuts, sounds about right.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Counting all that cash you made from Summer Fest?

I can't imagine that would take that much time after they angered people with the ball fix.

No double event and ignoring it is ridiculous at this point. Haven't they learned yet that customers don't like being left in the dark.
  • Options
    mrroofer#2455 mrroofer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Yup and just to try to appease everyone they will probably have 2x ad next weekend but wouldn't you know it thats after they Nerf the salvage lol
  • Options
    the salvage nerf doesnt come until mod 10... please stop spreading rumors.

• Options
    Not spreading rumors relax killer didn't you see the lol at the end it was a joke
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

my only question is, What preparations? You've had the patch done for over a month. Isn't that what microsoft requires for new content? So what could you possibly be preparing for? Counting all that cash you made from Summer Fest? Come on, how hard can it be to click a button on your mouse and give us an event...

It's the players that have to prepare, you know clean out the Stronghold, set the tables, figure out how to entertain out new allies and so on...

Seriously, it isn't that much work to click the 2x AD setting, is it?

Or the Wondrous Bazaar discount, or Garrundar the Vile CTA?
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We don't have anything planned for Xbox One this weekend. The calendar will be filled out once Guild Alliances goes live on Tuesday.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    Wow XBone shafted. lol. Thanks for the update...at the last possible second.

So I take it when Mod 10 drops for PC there won't be any double events either? You know, since everyone has to prepare for the "balancing".
  • Options
    mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Well a definite thank you to Strum for coming in to comment and help. I do have to say it's a pretty clear message that they can't even hit the 2x Glory button for us that something is really wrong in Xbox land.... I don't think there has been a blank weekend since I started playing.

So, who needs all this preparation time to clean up their Stronghold - admit it you slobs! :)
  • Options
    xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Guess PS4 is the newborn.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    If I remember correctly they never run events the weekend before a mod drop. They usually do a bunch of them a week or 3 after it's arrived.

Although I've been hoping for a 2 x AD, when I saw the mod release date I figured they'd hold off. You can't really call it being 'shafted' as they didn't actually promise one - we all know we need one but the best way to predict what's coming is to look at what they've done in the past.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    I'll ask this did PC get an event the weekend before strongholds update? Seems like Xbox is the middle child now. Stupid ps4 bs.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    jtoddn629jtoddn629 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This is really disappointing. I don't remember them taking a "break" in the calendar the weekend before other MODs came out, and clearly XB1 is getting screwed because I saw on Reddit that PC and PS4 are both getting double AD this weekend!
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

If I remember correctly they never run events the weekend before a mod drop. They usually do a bunch of them a week or 3 after it's arrived.

If I recall correctly over the year I have been playing there has never been a weekend without an event of some sort. But I won't guess.

A quick bit of searching to our last big update shows the Maze Engine launch on May 3 and what do we have here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9922283-neverwinter-xbox-one:-2x-rp,-ad,-xp-and-enchants!

A 2x RP, AD, XP and Enchants event the entire weekend leading into the new expansion. I'm pretty sure every big update has actually had a pretty decent 2x event leading into it to keep us appeased and prepped for the update.

Underdark went live Feb 9. Oh what's this you ask???
    2x Seals, Guild Marks, Professions Resources and Glory all leading right into the expansion.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9771563-neverwinter-xbox-one:-2x-seals,-guild-marks,-professions-resources-and-glory!

So yes I will call it what it is...a shafting.
  • Options
    Well as for PS4 Neverwinter just started on PS4 recently so you know they got to give them as much as they possibly can to get PS4 players to play and start forking over their money so as for us Xbox One players we're stuck with doing daily quests and the same dungeons over and over and over again all weekend Good Times
  • Options
    juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    This is how they tread the xbox community. The PC ever get a event before they drop a new mod.
    Think about your money keep your wallet closed
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • Options

o.o... PS4 just launched not to long ago... been listening to the PC complaints the last year and half becuase xbox was getting events and not them.... and now this... im gonna reserve judgement for right now... time will tell if this is business as ussual with this company... or if its just an oversight. one things for sure though... with the repeated shady practices we have all witnessed... this will not go unnoticed by an already disgruntled customer base....

I don't know if I'd say it's shady but it's a pretty strong message that Xbox is 2nd class. I surely won't be spending $ on ZEN when they don't show commitment to Xbox.

• Options
    Come on they show commitment to Xbox I mean just look at last weekend they gave us another whole 4 days for that stupid Summer Festival <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> it was supposed to end last Thursday even posted on the site they're supposed to do 2 times Glory last weekend then of course people who were holding out hope that they would get a legendary item or epic from those stupid ticket balls probably loaded up on balls equals more money for them the least they could have done is give us some kind of event this weekend just my opinion
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Summer festival was extended on pc as well, its not like they only updated our platform.
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    So will Xbox One and PC get 2xAD when PS4 does? you know due to the parity like when AD got removed from leadership from Xbox due to parity with PC.

I am guessing your 'parity' does not work when it benefits your gamer base.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    This game is starting to suck more and more. Terrible amount of actual good end game content and now no events, lovely. October can't come quick enough...
  • Options
    satniteeduardosatniteeduardo Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    Why does there need to be an event every weekend? I actually want a weekend where I can catch up on stuff I have not done enough of due to event overload.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Why does there need to be an event every weekend? I actually want a weekend where I can catch up on stuff I have not done enough of due to event overload.

2x Profession resources, AD or Gift of the Gods wouldn't really keep you from catching up on other stuff...
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    They just need to plan 1 every 3 months and put it on the calendar - and stop trying to be clever with these adjustments that rarely work out as intended.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    They need 2x AD to be fluid as the economy shifts, I get that. The same with 2x professions, and even 2x XP and Refinement. Fine, leave those off the calendar, but schedule the rest. Since adding the calendar, its mostly been a joke or insult to people that like to prep. A lot of people are pissed because they shout about version parity then leave the Xbox out of a lucrative weekend for the other platforms with barely a word. And I'm sorry, but if 2x glory isn't a simple xml or config you can have an intern click and push to the server, these devs are doing things very very wrong.