test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enough with the event cutscenes!

nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
Look I get that you're proud of them, and that the event is very well done and has nice atmosphere, but making us watch the same cutscenes every single time we run an event dungeon is just torture.

Please make them skippable.

But as the same applies to all dungeon cutscenes I guess it won't happen.

Also why aren't the dungeons more of a challenge?

Comments

• Options
    bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    The only good cutscene is one that you can use the escape key to get out of!!! I REALLY wish the developers would follow this rule EVERY time they make a cutscene. I have yet to find anyone in the game who disagrees with this sentiment, and I doubt that I ever will...
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Good way to make you hate the characters.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Orcus should spawn in during the cutscenes to put people out of their misery.
  • Options
    zaksevenzakseven Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Don't expect too much they seem to enjoy forcing cutscenes on use. I mean why do I have to see the moving to Thay animation each time I do PF? Not including the fact that some people have GPU hanging crash at this very moments. So skipping, or better ability to disable after 1st viewing, would be a crucial feature to reduce customer crashing out of the game.

Think of what you are doing with people with eidetic memory, I tell you I have to close my eyes as the 'deja vu' feeling is really like feedback in an amplifier.
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    +1
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Yes, please make them skip-able, for the trails atleast. I need to run them 40 more times.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    This is one of my major pet peeves with the event.. of course the fan boys when I commented on this SUPER annoyance.. just said" dont play. "

That of course is their answer to anything anyone doesn't like .. just dont play.

how about we hold the company to a little bit of a higher standard and expect SOMEONE somewhere vetting this to say.. oh gawd, ya once or twice this is fun.. but after you know 25.. someone is going to want to shoot us.. why dont we allow it to be skipped.

• Options
    tieashame#1782 tieashame Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2016

The only good cutscene is one that you can use the escape key to get out of!!! I REALLY wish the developers would follow this rule EVERY time they make a cutscene. I have yet to find anyone in the game who disagrees with this sentiment, and I doubt that I ever will...

I absolutely LOVE the cut scene/mini movie as I like to call it, right before Lostmauth! I always get excited and say "I wish these stupid fill in monsters would hurry and die", the ones just before the door opens. And when someone is using the Doohickey...it shows a big Muffin circling Lostmauths head, BONUS!!!!!!

We are agreed then, my lord Lostmauth?
    Ghhrrmmm, yes. The payment is adequate.
    Then I will take my leave. We shall meet again in Neverwinter... after you have laid it to waste!
    Indeed. But first... I think I shall have a meal.

CHILLS I SAY...CHILLS!!!

But I agree the rest need to be able to tab out of them. o:)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Still loved the first moment with Orcus after the cutscene and everyone is dead.

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    What they should do is this: The first time you get to a point in a dungeon where a cutscene would play, you instead get a popup that says "Cutscene unlocked!". You can then go to the event contact and interact with them to watch that cutscene.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I spam ESC every time just in the hope it will be different "this" time. Yes... the definition of insanity comes to mind.
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I never understood why they make some cut scenes you can skip and others they seem to think you need to watch until you have nightmares of them. And the ones you can not skip are tied to the content you have to run until your mind is numb and your eyes are bleeding.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    The trouble isn't with the cutscenes themselves, I rather like them. The first time... second... maybe even third. But eventually, a 5-10 second delay between clicking buttons that results in the death and despair of my enemies, and uncontrollable giggling on my part becomes nearly unbearable.
  • Options
    nps2nps2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Indeed allow us to skip them. It should be our choice to watch them if we want or need to. Most of them are pretty cool the first time but they quickly become boring and or annoying after that.
  • Options
    kvet said:

I spam ESC every time just in the hope it will be different "this" time. Yes... the definition of insanity comes to mind.

Exactly the same, and it does not help that indeed some cutscenes are ESC-able. Hell there are even instances where one cutscene is skipable and another one is not.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    Definitely. After the first 20 or 30 times they get very tedious. Chalk it up to repetitive farming syndrome.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I have no issues with cutscenes. They add immersion to whatever you're doing. Aside from that, the game loads whatever's coming next during that cutscene you can't skip. So don't expect it to go away anytime soon.

People are complaining mostly about the Trial of Traps cutscenes here. Nothing is loading and after the first time it adds no immersion.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    There is a cut scene in every phase of trap. Beginning, middle and twice in the end. I start to wonder why I saw so many late start from the PUG member. i.e. I am waiting in the area for the first boss and people are still in the first camp fire. May be they saw the first cut scene and then went out for a snack or something.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    please, please, please! mostly gaming time we wathing
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    zakseven said:

I mean why do I have to see the moving to Thay animation each time I do PF?

Most travel cutscenes have been made escapable (Moonstone Mask and Chasm portals), with this one exception, and now the one to enter the Burrow Dawn Inn (second part can be escaped, first part can't). I've seen that PF cutscene thousands of time, and I only wish I was exaggerating.

They've claimed in the past that boss cutscenes are used for some kind of staging phase, but they really need to think in terms of people who will end up sitting through the blinking things hundreds of times. It. Gets. Old.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I very much liked how Guild Wars allowed every party member to vote to skip a cutscene, and if all agreed, it'd be bypassed.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    give us options to turn off cutscenes, allow to run after 3rd time, and then place in optional instead of using (esc) key every time we see.
  • Options
    zaksevenzakseven Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2016

I have no issues with cutscenes. They add immersion to whatever you're doing. Aside from that, the game loads whatever's coming next during that cutscene you can't skip. So don't expect it to go away anytime soon.

My equipment is fast enough I could load any content off the internet if they could push fast enough, so trust me when I enter PF and I click to move to next section I DO NOT NEED a cutscene so something can load. Beside at the end of that specific one you get a black screen for 1-3 seconds for no reasons and my HD are not spinning.

What is it so hard to have them skippable as a choice? I mean if you enjoy them then by all mean don't skip and watch them over and over. But give people fed up with them the ability to skip ALL of them after we seen them once.

For those thinking immersion with presenting the bosses, this is not a wrestling match. Again, for those liking this then please keep watching them and let the other a choice to skip to get to business.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    finally read all these posts.

Oooohh, Cutscene unlocked for later viewing would be cool as "achievements", i like that concept.

what really bothers most players during cutscenes, it is those mobs are hitting us or the boss killed us while unable to defend or time to rezz others if they are down.

original guild wars cutscene are awesome, since it was better scripted and we dont have to defend since it is protected screen plays.
    still, NWO devs making those cutscene doesnt get it right, they are sadistic while mobs are ganking us in middle of drama that we cant control.
    how often that we get out of screen plays and end up seeing mobs are already engaging party members or get wiped.
    it is worst than "lag death", that is more like premature forced "script death".
  • Options
    their current solution: ignore till event is over. then.bring it as the new feature next year if too many people complain in advance.