test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feywild Pack Stag & Aranea

chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So... what are they? The news posting from the launcher just says the stag and the spider person thing are in the pack but it doesn't say what they are? I'm assuming the stag is a mount and the spider man a companion... but it doesn't say.

I'm noticing this a lot lately. PWE/Cryptic just assuming we are inside their heads and can read their minds. Uh yeah right!
Post edited by chelseacrafter on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, the stag is the rare mount for the new lockbox and Aranea is the rare companion.
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    I am pretty sure the stag will be a mount They mentioned a stag mount on the Child's play stream. I did go back and reread the announcement and I do have to agree they could be a bit more descriptive for people who are less familiar with what is going on with the game.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hm, yeah they don't specify in the announcement, but they are the mount and companion, so equivalents to the Nightmare and Phoera.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is the one I find interesting:
    Planar Idol – Earn up to 50,000 Astral Diamonds for Neverwinter! Spend them on your most desired in-game items

Important part here: "Earn up to 50,000" -- that is... what is meant by "up to" in this sentence? Might be I get the idol and get.. 1 AD? 5? What is meant there? In the Nightmare box, the idols were worth 40K AD, which made the idols a very good trade asset. I use them in my guild as a way for people to contribute to the opening of new bank repos (they get them however - gold, opening boxes, whatever and hand them off to me). Makes a nice stable, predictable, stackable, and not-mixed-with-my-own-AD way for guild members to contribute (since Cryptic, in one of the few EPICALLY poor decisions in the Neverwinter game design, decided to make the repos cost ADs instead of Gold, as they do in their other games, and provided no way for guild members to contribute toward the repos, instead making it so one person has to come up with millions on their own... or use item trades like I've described).

So.. I'm very curious to know if idols will no longer be a stable source or AD or if they'll be a box within the box.
    edited August 2013
    I'm curious about that too.

It also looks like instead of the lockbox dropping the unique runes or enchantments directly, they come from a box within a box.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm curious about that too.

It also looks like instead of the lockbox dropping the unique runes or enchantments directly, they come from a box within a box.

I lold hard when I read that in the official post in news. So you're telling me... Im now buying a RNG box, that may contain an RNG box. Wonderful. sarcasm off

Edit: Though its kind of like getting a leadership pack in the current boxes. RNG into more RNG
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • ekusnakekusnak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh look another box to get rich off of. In future updates please bring something everyone can get without paying out the *** for it.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The announcement mentioned that the companion can take human form... is that strictly its out-of-combat appearance, or does it have different abilities depending upon which form it's in? Is the human form male or female?

Will this lockbox drop the new Feywild enchantments as well?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited August 2013
    I lold hard when I read that in the official post in news. So you're telling me... Im now buying a RNG box, that may contain an RNG box. Wonderful. sarcasm off

Edit: Though its kind of like getting a leadership pack in the current boxes. RNG into more RNG

The Nightmare lockbox contained any of 4 different RNG boxes or 3 enchantments/runes. The Feywild lockbox has trimmed it to 5 RNG boxes. Coffer of runes, coffer of enchants, an equipment box, a profession box, and presumably the shimmering elven box has the chance to drop any of the unique socketables. So really, the change to the contents is marginal, but you can opt to auction the shimmering elven box and probably get more for that than if the lockbox just dropped you the rune outright.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Nightmare lockbox contained any of 4 different RNG boxes or 3 enchantments/runes. The Feywild lockbox has trimmed it to 5 RNG boxes. Coffer of runes, coffer of enchants, an equipment box, a profession box, and presumably the shimmering elven box has the chance to drop any of the unique socketables. So really, the change to the contents is marginal, but you can opt to auction the shimmering elven box and probably get more for that than if the lockbox just dropped you the rune outright.

Pretty sure I clarified that with edit. Yes more RNG boxes. Thanks.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas