test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Housing System: How about that!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I would love to have a Housing System in the game. Not that we'd need to place or build a house (like in Ultima Online), maybe like an "Apartment"-like system (like in Everquest 2).

- We could collect Decorative items for our homes: found on creatures, in chests, bought from vendors, made by players, bought from Zen Store, etc. We'd need to have the ability to place these items ANYWHERE in the house!

- We could buy upgrades in size, or we could customize; build the house interior similar to using the foundry for creating areas.

This feature would bring in a ton of players, and keep them for a very long time. I've got a Stone Keep in Ultima Online, and frankly, that is the ONLY reason I have not canceled my account - I don't even play anymore, I just save the account because of my house and the hope that the game gets better.

Developers, please consider this.

List your ideas for House Decoration Items or anything else you can think of:

[Here's a few of my ideas]
- Rugs
- Chests
- Furniture (beds, tables, chairs, dressers)
- Pictures/Tapestries
- Suits of Armor, Wall-mountable Shields and weapons
- Dinning Items (plates, cups, baskets, silverware, food items, beer steins)
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    you mean like Champions Onlines' hideouts ?
    edited July 2013
    Also a Guild Hall would be ok..
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You're only gonna get additions to your Zen store...move along now.
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Adding guild halls and/or player housing could bring in huge revenue, imagine all the premium furniture and decorations they could add to the zen store.

For the players, it'll give us somewhere other than the Lagclave to hang out between dungeons and PvP, and also provide a place for RPers to do their stuff.
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Housing...

This would be good. I miss decorating my house...

• Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    List your ideas for House Decoration Items or anything else you can think of:

toilet. i`d love to see one sometime in a mmo ;p
    i wonder where they do their needs, every mmo i played has a bar, but no toilet.
    not even a sign of a toilet on a door.

but now we`re at the crazy ideas which will never be done in this game i sometimes have the thought a barrel soccer pvp kind of thing would be funny.
    hahahaha. it`s not that weird, we`re middle ages people and like to do fun sports too ;p
  • Options
    vanorvanor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't imagine it could be that hard to add in the CO's Hideout system and STO's Starbase system to NW.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Colossal waste of time but I guess it would give people who log in to do nothing but set profession tasks something else to do with their AD.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ew, not COs hideout. I never used those. Those were bad. How about something with more customization, like a weapon rack where you can actually put you your weapons and armor up or something.
  • Options
    ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »
    You're only gonna get additions to your Zen store...move along now.

I am starting to believe this.

If anyone cares to notice, you can get a pretty sweet blue set of gear from vendors at level 20 for low amout of silver. All except the amulet. Why you ask? Because they have put boots in 2 places. Same pair. On the armor vendor and the jewelry vendor.

Been that way forever. If they cannot fix simple bugs like this, and like i see now, a 180mb "patch" to fix zen store items "looks" they can just shag off.
  • Options
    saultbawlzsaultbawlz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess it wouldn't be impossible for them to implement it, the instance system is there, but i guess there would be alot of work making that happen. Creating tons of stuff to place in them and a variety of each type of item. If it does happen it will be a LONG time to get that done. Years.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    saultbawlz wrote: »
    I guess it wouldn't be impossible for them to implement it, the instance system is there, but i guess there would be alot of work making that happen. Creating tons of stuff to place in them and a variety of each type of item. If it does happen it will be a LONG time to get that done. Years.

The last thing we need is the instance server choking on people going into their lairs and 5 man groups getting hit with 45 minute instance queues.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yes, a housing system. That is exactly what this game needs most right now. Why did it take this long for someone to have this near-genius flash of insight?
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm for it, but who knows if it will happen. As many people have started, there are simply too many other issues left unresolved while the zen store gets constant updates.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    I want house dungeon and house elves! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nephilim83nephilim83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In STO we have ship interiors and fleet starbases. I can't imagine houses and guild halls being too far fetched for Neverwinter. It would be a great way for Cryptic to make more money. If they do it like they did in STO, we'll have to sink all our AD into building our guild halls, so more zen will be used to buy AD and less AD will be used to buy Zen. Also, 500 zen for a +1 haystack sofa and an oil painting of Lidda the halfling.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The guildhall idea is great. It would be awesome to go and hang out in the place.
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If it wasn't for the limit on number of people allowed in a Foundry, you can already have houses and guildhalls etc.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    please move away from LotRO's house concept, they are too small and very grid controlled, i like Rift on video i saw and eq2's house format is getting better.

it would be nice to have first standard home setting before adding "home market" feature for elite home settings, but please have that Zen site fixed and easy access.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just wait for wildstar.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    you mean like Champions Onlines' hideouts ?

NO.

Nothing at all like that. PLAYER CONSTRUCTED. Not premade maps. Give us empty tiles and materials and let us go to town. Think Wildstar. (God I hate referencing an NCSoft title that isn't CoH....)

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Housing in Wiz101 is great. EQ2 housing was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Before Housing, I'd like to see an instance for the House of Knowledge, a thieves guild and an arcane library.
  • Options
    chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would really like hiusing but i think thats a long term goal. As much as i want it me and im sure others would rather see our favorite classes and more paths before any other additions. Personally i want my warlock and swordmage more than i want most of the bug fixes.

But anyway, i think things like housing really add a lot more longevity and lifespan to a game, even more so then new content. Would love to see these types of features added as time goes on.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It would be difficult because for 500.000 players you would need same number of apartments or houses. And Neverwinter is based on instances. There could be some magical building touching the sky in Protector's Enclave with unlimited number of places to live in but would it fit this game - hard to say.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't think that it's a bad idea to make suggestions on large scale projects. If the players like the idea, and so do the developers, they can put it on a "2-Do" list. Work on it periodically, making baby steps. Eventually it will be completed; not taking away from the other list of stuff to do/fix.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    The guildhall idea is great. It would be awesome to go and hang out in the place.

It would need a mailbox, profession vendor, consumable vendor, and to appear on the world map for fast travel before it was more then a novelty I imagine :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Any other ideas for this?

I'm a collector of neat and rare items in other games. I'd love to be able to collect cool stuff and display it in my house or apartment.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Things I'd like to collect & display in my house:
    - Statues & other art work
    - Suits of Armor
    - Armor and Weapon stands
    - Flower pots & other plants
    - Furnature (beds, chairs, tables, dressors & armories
    - Cooking stuff (stoves, ovens, cups, food items, etc)
    - Strange Relic type items
    - Bear Rugs and other Taxidermy items (dear wall mounts, Orc Heads, etc)
This discussion has been closed.