test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My money was wasted?

1235»

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,080 Arc User
    Players may make more, but in doing so they are not creating new AD and they are removing a small amount of it from the game with every transaction.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    The issue with raising the cap is exploits. They have had several over the years which have generated essentially unlimited ADs. If you massively raise the 500 cap, the only people who can buy zen in quantity are the exploiters. The real worth is about 700 atm IMO and I don't think the sky would fall in if the max was set to that or even a little more.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    krumple01 said:

havlocke said:

ROFL, ok, consider me chastised.

I don't honestly really expect you to understand, very few people understand economics. The point is, players make a lot more AD off buying zen and using that zen to get packs and selling items on the AH rather than through the exchange. They make more and have more incentive to go that route because zen is worth far more than 500 ad per one zen.

So any argument about raising the cap from 500 to 2000 would destroy the economy, is missing the point that players already make more from selling zen items. The economy would already be ruined since they already make a lot of AD off zen items on the AH.
    Mate, I SAID I WAS CHASTISED. Good Grief, what do you want me to do?
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I think a lot of people would be a lot happier if they realized that their MMO purchases are just rentals. If you read the fine print, you are paying to manipulate pixels, but you do not actually OWN anything on your account. Read the EULA that everyone had to agree to before starting the game.

Do you realize that you just set the companies up to a whole new slew of lawsuits under violated Renter's Rights.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

kreatyve said:

I think a lot of people would be a lot happier if they realized that their MMO purchases are just rentals. If you read the fine print, you are paying to manipulate pixels, but you do not actually OWN anything on your account. Read the EULA that everyone had to agree to before starting the game.

Do you realize that you just set the companies up to a whole new slew of lawsuits under violated Renter's Rights.
    Where I live, you have 90 days return on all purchases, PERIOD, even digital. I got into it with Sony and won more than once. Law trumps anything a company can state. If I wanted to I could have easily fought for my money back from Cryptic for my spending in November and won simply do to the law.

I wanted to try mod 16 and spending a small amount of time with it helped me realize I will spending much less time playing NWO, and by that point it was past 90 days and I honestly don't care any more about that loss. I simply sold all my stuff in the AH and now sitting on until mod 16 lands to see which character I will play and if I stop playing my friends will get what they need prior to me deleting my characters and the game.

The funny thing I was going to buy my GF, OP, SW and a few other character legendary mounts but that went away with mod 16 changes. Oh well, that was going to be easy money for Cryptic from me but that won't happen now. And they won't see another dime from me either do to how much I currently have in AD from selling all of my items.

I'm not the only one that stripped down their characters; many of my friends have also done this and many simply just quit without even giving mod 16 a chance.

I don't think this game is going anywhere for a while but mod 16 will definitely have a negative hit in the game population.
  • havlockehavlocke Member Posts: 222 Arc User

kreatyve said:

Read the EULA, they pretty much cover themselves legally. There is no such thing as Renter's Rights where MMO's are concerned. Never have been. For pretty much these reasons.