test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

These items really should stack

bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
There are a few things in the game whose non-stackability really make me wonder why:
  • Dread Ring Artifact Bag: Back when we were still fusing Enchantments to refine them, my bags would easily fill up by the time I got back to the Vanguard's camp, and I'd be blocked from collecting on my missions until I emptied a few slots. Since then we've not only seen a change in Refining, but also gotten more bag slots, so that specific problem doesn't come up much; still, I do get moments where these items end up scattered around my inventory. They really should stack up to at least 6 (the most one can earn in a day), but preferably more like 20 or even 99.
  • Celestial Bag of Refining: This is rarely an issue, except when a 2x Refining Stones event (like the one starting tomorrow) is approaching. As above, 20 or even 99 seems like a better stack limit than 1.
  • Hunt Tokens: In the Soshenstar River area, my Trickster Rogue collected 9 of these that he couldn't pair with T-Rex Fangs. They at least don't Bind to Character, so I could stick them in my Shared Bank for my Great Weapon Fighter to pick up later, but still... is it really necessary to restrict these to just 1 per inventory slot?
There probably are a few other things, but those are the ones that really stand out to me.
=====
Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels

Comments

• Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The ambiguous nature in the way some items stack has always been a conundrum for me. Some things like Celestial Bags of Refining and unbound - unused healing stones don't stack at all, other things may stack in increments of 10, 20, 99 or 999... Why?

I did notice when Neverwinter introduced VIP, ID Scrolls that previously only stacked to 99 were suddenly reconfigured so they can now be stacked to 999... Some suggested this was "a player friendly" gesture, but in reality I think most of us suspect it was really done to keep people purchasing VIP from bailing because of all the inventory space those ID Scrolls occupied.

At any rate we all know it can be done and I for one would be interested in knowing why it isn't done for more items.
    DD~
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,099 Arc User
    Somethings aren't meant to be kept around indefinitely (prayer bags). Healing stones have a counter already (number of uses). Stacking those would generally mean increasing the number of uses.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    it would be cool if the invoke bags and dread ring bags stacked...the chult lures would be nice to have stacked too. It'd also be nice if they would move quest items to their own section like they did with the fashion items....including the quests that drop. I assume they haven't done something like that because the idea is to get people's bags full enough to spend money for relic bags and bank slots. Personally, the game would be more fun if I could have kept old battle-worn gear my characters used that had to be dropped for lack of bag space. It would be nice to have it readily available to go back and play those areas with gear from those areas just for the challenge once in a while.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Hey guys aren't you forgetting something?

We have the "useful item tab", hunt items, or coffers could be added there
  • Options
    ktstubble1771#1120 ktstubble1771 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    seriously doubt that kind of stuff will be stacked anytime soon. hunt drops (for lures) are (as the devs have stated before) "unique" and therefore not stackable. we are lucky we can store them in the bank now. imho looks as if they are currently trying to stop/slow bag hording for the 2x enchant weekends anyways. dread ring and invoke bags are meant to be opened, not saved. wish we could even lose the bags for stuff like that and just get stuff inside immediately instead, reduces temptation. although i do like to save the invoke bags for coupons to use when i recharge zen. anyways, i believe not stacking dread ring bags, invoke bags, hunt lures dn similar items is wai and will probably remain unchanged.
  • Options

I didn't know about this so thank you for pointing it out. I'll have to look into it after the update
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,251 Arc User
    I suspect prayer bags are not stackable because they don't want you to stash it.
    Prayer bags give you RP items (they don't want you to keep it until 2x) and discount coupon (they don't want you to have all type of discount coupons whenever you have the urge to buy stuff). They want you to buy stuff when you see the discount coupon instead of you are buying stuff and then get the desire coupon right the way.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

seriously doubt that kind of stuff will be stacked anytime soon. hunt drops (for lures) are (as the devs have stated before) "unique" and therefore not stackable. we are lucky we can store them in the bank now. imho looks as if they are currently trying to stop/slow bag hording for the 2x enchant weekends anyways. dread ring and invoke bags are meant to be opened, not saved. wish we could even lose the bags for stuff like that and just get stuff inside immediately instead, reduces temptation. although i do like to save the invoke bags for coupons to use when i recharge zen. anyways, i believe not stacking dread ring bags, invoke bags, hunt lures dn similar items is wai and will probably remain unchanged.

That would be nice if they did away with dread ring bags and just gave the content instead. I save invoke bags mainly for the coupons too...sometimes i'll save a couple days worth before 2x events if a character needs rp, but isince they're btc and rp isn't very hard to get from other methods stacking them isn't that big of a deal.

I think that logic is kinda funny how "unique" items can take up so many inventory slots and not be stackable, but oh well...i'm not interested enough in the chult campaign enough for it to be a concern anyway. I'd probably get more involved in it if the lures were stackable, but i'm satisfied just getting the boons from that area.
  • Options

I didn't know about this so thank you for pointing it out. I'll have to look into it after the update
    Maybe i didn't wrote it right, it's not possible to add items on this tab.
    I wanted to point out that the dev intoduced this "useful iem tab" and never considered adding more thing in it like hunt trophies.

• Options
    edited October 2018

ah ok...so you were pointing out that this tab could be used for things like that? I was kinda thinking it could be used for quest items too. I like to gather all the quests i can for an area and then do them all at once, so that can take up quite a bit of space for all the areas.
  • Options
    Exactly, after each mod, it's almost as if they forget what they have done in previous mods.

Give "useful item tab" some love please
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Hunt items have no place in "Useful items" to me. Quest items though should have been put there.

Exactly, after each mod, it's almost as if they forget what they have done in previous mods.

I don't think they forget at all. I think they don't care what we think. Bags get full? Buy more or larger bags. That's the viewpoint.

In my opinion they just put that useful tab in to appease players for a short time. Since releasing the "useful items" tab the amount of items that have actually been added has been minimal. New types of keys. The kit/belt/whatever for Barovia. Tarokka deck.

It's like every time they make a statement about consolidating they turn around and jam more HAMSTER in our bags. Minimize the variety of marks. Oh but new mods bring new quests that of course jam your bags with quest items. New professions system looks like it'll craft +1 rp items. So now our bags will have normal black opals (unbound, BtC, BtA) and stacks for the different +1 black opals? Just more HAMSTER in the bags.

I'm sure it won't be much longer before an 8th bag slot gets added.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

i believe not stacking dread ring bags, invoke bags, hunt lures dn similar items is wai and will probably remain unchanged.

This. They don't want people stacking things up to save for opening during the special events. That's why experience overflow awards are being changed in the next update. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a "side benefit" of the changes coming to professions: They won't have players hoarding the Leadership refinement bags for 2x refining stone events.
  • Options

And then I'll buy an 8th bag! :D
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    greywynd said:

Somethings aren't meant to be kept around indefinitely (prayer bags). Healing stones have a counter already (number of uses). Stacking those would generally mean increasing the number of uses.

I don't think it is about keeping things around "indefinitely", but say prayer bags that award refinement gems... why not keep them around for Double Refinement Gems events? What's the difference in stacking prayer bags as opposed to professions boxes that also award refinement gems or people saving up their overflow XP awards for Double Refinement events?

I still think more things should be stackable and all stackable things should stack more or less consistently - none of this - some things stack to 10, others to 20, some to 99 and others to 999.

Most "unique items a player can only possess one of, hence the error message; "You can only have one of a unique item", when a player tries to pick up or equip multiples of that item. Any item you can have multiples of in your inventory should be stackable, or at least that's my opinion.

And then I'll buy an 8th bag! :D
    Seriously disagree!!!

I'll buy the 8th bag when and if there are new or different items to put in those bags... not because the game decided to nerf previously stackable items, or replace previously stackable items with new similar items than can no longer be stacked.

• Options
    chidion said:

Seriously disagree!!!

I'll buy the 8th bag when and if there are new or different items to put in those bags... not because the game decided to nerf previously stackable items, or replace previously stackable items with new similar items than can no longer be stacked.

I understand where you're coming from. For me, the issue isn't holding onto things that are either not stackable or that stack in very small amounts. I don't tend to keep those kinds of things for very long. So I just want the 8th bag so I can pick up more stuff and store more of the stuff that I do store. I agree that things that stack should stack to a consistent number; in this case 999. (I would prefer a round number, like 1000, but I'll take what I can get.)
  • Options
    ktstubble1771#1120 ktstubble1771 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    chidion said:

Most "unique items a player can only possess one of, hence the error message; "You can only have one of a unique item", when a player tries to pick up or equip multiples of that item. Any item you can have multiples of in your inventory should be stackable, or at least that's my opinion.
    You must consider the evolution of the hunt lures. Yes, true, the hunt lures were completely "unique" when launched in chult and we could only have one in inventory and to get around this folks used the mailbox to store them. Giant pain in the rear. Possibly due to player feedback and the aging of the chult module, we were given the ability last mod to have more than one in inventory but were told they would not stack, we could bank them and would no longer be able to mail. The devs still called these items "unique" and stated specifically that they would not stack, despite player feedback. Maybe in a future mod, as chult ages, they may stack as players give feedback. (I hope so, Barovia hunt maps stack). This is why i put unique in quotes. I did not say i agreed. But this is the way it is. And this is the way it will be for any item that the developers do not wish us to stack on purpose. Past trends lead me to believe the developers are trying to stop hoarding anything valuable, especially for the 2x enchant events. Next mod we will no longer able to make bags in professions, only the jewels individually and only 3 at a time. At least they have and are increasing stack sizes on many items for a better QOL and adding inventory tabs for keys and fashion and hopefully other useful things as well.

There are a few things in the game whose non-stackability really make me wonder why:

• Dread Ring Artifact Bag: Back when we were still fusing Enchantments to refine them, my bags would easily fill up by the time I got back to the Vanguard's camp, and I'd be blocked from collecting on my missions until I emptied a few slots. Since then we've not only seen a change in Refining, but also gotten more bag slots, so that specific problem doesn't come up much; still, I do get moments where these items end up scattered around my inventory. They really should stack up to at least 6 (the most one can earn in a day), but preferably more like 20 or even 99.
    • Celestial Bag of Refining: This is rarely an issue, except when a 2x Refining Stones event (like the one starting tomorrow) is approaching. As above, 20 or even 99 seems like a better stack limit than 1.
    • Hunt Tokens: In the Soshenstar River area, my Trickster Rogue collected 9 of these that he couldn't pair with T-Rex Fangs. They at least don't Bind to Character, so I could stick them in my Shared Bank for my Great Weapon Fighter to pick up later, but still... is it really necessary to restrict these to just 1 per inventory slot?
    There probably are a few other things, but those are the ones that really stand out to me.
    Bottom line, if it's too valuable or useful (dread ring bags, invoke bags, etc) or can be hoarded for an event (leadership bags going away), in my opinion at least, it wont stack or the stack sizes will be limited.

With chult module aging, hopefully the lures will be more manageable soon, but as of barovia mod, they were still considered "unique" enough by the devs despite tons player feedback. Fingers crossed next mod but i haven't seen a mention yet.
  • Options
    An 8th bag slot sounds good, but i doubt the fun of it would last very long. I would rather have a chest that I could store goods in that could be stored in a bank. Also some of the lower inventory slot bags would be nice to be able to close with items like rings or gems or enchants which could also be stored in a chest or runic bag. Of course that would create a lot of opening and closing bags to access the items, but at least it wouldn't waste those smaller bound bags when they get replaced by runic bags, and having a chest with gear and collection items would be nice for collectors.
  • Options
    gaw#7498 gaw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    It would be nice if all the unidentified items stacked by their class type until you identify them.

Also it would great if we could designate what we want each to hold. One bag for enchments, one for potions, one for refining stones.....