Install Arc
Options

Daily Login Rewards

2»

Comments

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Bethesda/Zenimax has a lot of paid games that help recoup for the free stuff given out for games that are free to play. From what I know, Perfect World doesn't have that same advantage. Expecting small game companies to be able to do the same things major companies is just unreasonable.

Let me make this perfectly clear; just this past moth Iould have acquired the ESO Collection Edition (includes ESO, first four DLCs, Summerset, and Morrowind) for $30. That includes most content in ESO game.

Than I could play without ever really paying unless I wanted to and enjoy a game that offers me free stuff such as the new DLC that just launched in November. So just logging in dailly I will get the new DLC at no cost to me other than logging into the game. That is a $20 value to company but they are offering for FREE by me logging into the game daily. They make zero off me doing this. Just like they made zero off me for simply logging in every day and collecting all the free stuff I have collected. Lots of value to the items I have collected; in fact over a few hundred now and all of that is FREE. I have put much less into ESO and have gotten more FREE stuff than I have put into the game. Whearas with NWO I have put way more into the game than I have gotten back.

The average player of a F2P will put 2x more into the game than they would a buy to play game. Looking at NWO online model I'm pretty certain that they could give us as player free daily login rewards. They are not obligated to give any thing but it would go a long way to improving the PR especially with all the bad PR they have gotten over the years.

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Let me make this perfectly clear. Different company. Different business model.

All you're doing is making the same argument over and over. You're free to have your opinion which you've stated and not changed. We all know where you stand on it.

The deafening silence in here may let you know where a lot of other players stand on the issue.

And if ESO releases new content down the road you would have to pay for that separately if you own the collection because that is their business model.

Again, I like free. But your arguments are invalid in my opinion. As for improving PR, how concerned do you reeeeeeeeeeeally think they are with that based on past behavior.

Actions speak louder than words and I would say thew concern levels are fairly low in that department.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Let me make this perfectly clear. Different company. Different business model.

All you're doing is making the same argument over and over. You're free to have your opinion which you've stated and not changed. We all know where you stand on it.

The deafening silence in here may let you know where a lot of other players stand on the issue.

And if ESO releases new content down the road you would have to pay for that separately if you own the collection because that is their business model.

Again, I like free. But your arguments are invalid in my opinion. As for improving PR, how concerned do you reeeeeeeeeeeally think they are with that based on past behavior.

Actions speak louder than words and I would say thew concern levels are fairly low in that department.

First, these forums here are very quiet to begin with. Not many people post here, most players use other social media tools to communicate. So it being quiet surely has everything to do with the topic and not the fact that the NWO forums are a ghost town. So this post being quiet is just a product more of the forums than the actual topic.

Second, we all have opinions on what we want to see in game regardless if its content, balancing of classes, new class, new race, improvements to graphics or animation, etc... The reality is, rarely what we want is transferred over to the game so we all manage to deal

Third, this was to give the company something to think about for future reference, not necessarily something I expect them to implement today; maybe in the future say mod 18 or 20, etc... something to consider down the road.

Forth, ESO content is worth its asking price due to what you get from it especially with them giving an average of $25 worth of stuff free each month; you make up your purchase over a few months just from logging on each day.