test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mastercrafting Cost Imbalance (aka The Great Allosaur Fang Scandal)

aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
@nitocris83 @terramak

There is a huge imbalance in the costs to craft the mastercraft weapons for CWs and DCs. Both off-hand weapons require 2x Fanged Ornament, that doesn't seem that bad until you look at what is required to craft them. The Fanged Ornaments they need 12 Allosaur Fangs each and with a 75% chance you'll be lucky if you just need 24.

There is a massive amount of grinding to obtain the fangs as the drop rate is very low (and I am being nice here) and to make matters worse if you fail the task (and even with a Mythic Forgehammer of Gond it's only a 75% success rate) you loose all the fangs. This is not inline with the other Masterwork (weapon) tasks where the resources are either available from the Explorers Cases or you get some of the resources returned on failure.

Please can you look at this as its really not fair to penalise specific classes in this way. Who ever came up with the recipes clearly has a bias against CWs and DCs. I have no problem with MW being complex (after 5 professions at rank 5 - I should know) but this is in no way balanced.

Guys please reconsider and adjust the costs/returns, or at the very least explain why 2 classes are being penalised?!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Basically, yes...it makes no sense that one of the new sets is an order of magnitude harder to make than the other three. Just compare the AH prices of the Bronzewood/Lichstone/Beaded sets to the prices of the Fanged set. 3 million or so for the first three sets....20+ million AD for the Fanged set.

That's not fair...and all we ask for is for the for set to be roughly equally hard to make.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment in this thread. I would also like to add that making moves to address this disparity would do wonders in repairing the not-so-stellar reputation Neverwinter has in this regard.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.