test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New lockbox - A little heavy on Adventurer Packs

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
Anyone else open any new boxes and find them to be very heavy with Adventurer Packs or is it just my RNG for the day?

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Let me borrow what kreatyve said from another thread.
    kreatyve said:

Here's a tip for you - the lockbox that is coming out on PC tomorrow - it's not worth opening. Most common drop from it will be Adventurer's Packs, I can almost guarantee that.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I am going to keep opening Merchant Prince boxes.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    My luck has been around 33% with the Adventurer Pack.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

Here's a tip for you - the lockbox that is coming out on PC tomorrow - it's not worth opening. Most common drop from it will be Adventurer's Packs, I can almost guarantee that.

I wasn't trolling when I said it. I was hoping I would be wrong though. :(
    I did not imply you did or think you did. I read that as you "obtained" that information/rumour.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

I wasn't trolling when I said it. I was hoping I would be wrong though. :(
    I did not imply you did or think you did. I read that as you "obtained" that information/rumour.
    In the thread that I had originally posted that comment in, people thought I was trolling. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    You know, when I saw the adventurer's pack in the lockbox, and knowing my luck with the RNG in this game, im going to open ANY other lockbox and start tossing these.... becuase i know im only going to get the stupid adventurer's packs
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Resurgence gives them so avoid that too. I picked MP because of the T-Rex. It is the only recent box with a higher priced mount not available in the Legendary pack. Arcane Whirlwind was added to there as of yesterday. An older box with a good mount might work but you have to rely on uninformed buyers.

Otherwise if you don't worry about the Grand Prize, I think Giants was the last one to have both Companion and Profession packs so that might be viable. I think even the loathsome Relic packs have gone up in value.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I opened 16 yesterday and only got 2 adventurer's packs, so I guess results will vary. I mostly got artifact packs (and amazingly got an UES from one) and the mount pack.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    It sucks because I like the new lockbox aside from the rate at which these are taking over. I'd take Genies gifts over these packs, with VIP they are totally useless to me.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    reg1981 said:

It sucks because I like the new lockbox aside from the rate at which these are taking over. I'd take Genies gifts over these packs, with VIP they are totally useless to me.

Last 5 opened for me all produced Adventurer's Pack. Not thrilled. I did get a purple mount from the Mount pack earlier - but w/o the companion packs the overall %value has greatly declined. Potential for RP is way lower now. Genie's Gift is not = to value of Companion Tokens and RP generated by companion packs.

Like others have noted I'm going to refrain from opening anymore. And will warehouse the Glorious boxes until they get reset after the next "good" lockbox is released.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

kreatyve said:

In the thread that I had originally posted that comment in, people thought I was trolling. :(

I thought you were being clear and honest in that thread.

Seconded
  • Options
    valnoledvalnoled Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Dear developers, I have a mediocre polite question for your HAMSTERING idea of putting such a thing like a WANDERER PACK into random loot from lockboxes. Do you really think, that I am as VIP-player in deeply need of Moonstone teleport scrolls or epic dungeons keys which are available (infinite or in plenty) from plain VIP status?
    Could you think of something less useful? How about grey items for gold selling to vendors? I would be delighted to spend 75-125k AD key on items of several silver coins value.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Yea I think the vast majority would agree Adventerer's Packs are underwhelming, despite the 50 Stone's of Health being a NICE benefit. As for 25 of the potions they aren't different than the normal potions, except that they persist thru death; but there almost all exclusively defense potions. Still the ONE Epic Key alone will likely allow people who don't need them to make 5x more than you will from most Mount Packs as a Key can still often sell for 2000 diamonds often.

IF IT PERHAPS INCLUDED:

A chance of a Scroll of Mass Life every now and then; might be a NICE addition to Adventurer's Pack.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    valnoled said:

Dear developers, I have a mediocre polite question for your HAMSTERING idea of putting such a thing like a WANDERER PACK into random loot from lockboxes. Do you really think, that I am as VIP-player in deeply need of Moonstone teleport scrolls or epic dungeons keys which are available (infinite or in plenty) from plain VIP status?
    Could you think of something less useful? How about grey items for gold selling to vendors? I would be delighted to spend 75-125k AD key on items of several silver coins value.

I got one of these packs, there are terrible.
    If a least there were augmentation cubes or a chance of 5x pres wards ...
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I never open a lock box expecting the legendary or even a purple item. But in the past I could expect to get at least something from most of the drops that was useful. This is the first lock box where I have felt real disappointment. six Adventurer's Pack that then dropped nothing useful I need or could use. I mean really useless. Now I always understood the lock boxes were a gamble and that RNG would always be against my getting anything real exciting, but please rethink this one. It is just useless. It is not a reward at all in my opinion. Please stop this and reset the drop table to allow a more even distribution of the blue items. I really do understand the Epic and Legendary need to stay at a very low chance percent per your thinking of what is fair, but we do not need the Adventurer's Pack to be the majority of drops either.
  • Options
    valnoledvalnoled Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    reg1981 said:

Anyone else open any new boxes and find them to be very heavy with Adventurer Packs or is it just my RNG for the day?

The problem is that Glorious Resurgence Lockbox is updated with Adventurer's Pack... That was what I opened, not the new Lockboxes
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Maybe I am just lucky? But I opened 3 of these packs and sold the 3 keys in the AH keeping the remainder of the contents. One pack did produce a green value Stone of Health. Should the prices on these drop (as I suspect they will) in the weeks ahead, what effect will this have on the price Epic Dungeon keys? I still have tons of bound keys on my characters from VIP, I guess I will bank these packs and see which way the river flows from here.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Yes, the Adventurer's Pack sadly is the highest drop rate pack in here with a 21,02% drop chance - measured over 10k lockboxes...
  • Options
    reg1981 said:

I find them literally an insult. A joke. So here's one back...

A request to the Dev's who did not put this into place- please ensure that whoever did winds up daily with a stack of the following on their desk.

A: A Fortune cookie.

B: All possible donated staff parking vouchers/cafeteria receipts from yesterday.

C: A free pass to the washroom- even if one doesn't need a pass to the washroom... Make something up. ;)

D: 25 bottles of water brightly colored with one shade of food coloring... each day.
    Each "potion" with a post it stamp that reads "Persists after death".

Thank you from ally your players and customers.

Just kiddin... But still. Bad form whoever decided this was cool... BAD FORM!

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Well, one of the devs said this on Protector's Enclave Discord:

An important thing to remember about lockboxes is that it isn't just end game, high item level players opening them. There are still leveling players and players new to end game who have a lot of progress in front of them.

The Adventure pack always comes with 10 greater id scrolls, an epic dungeon key, a PE teleport scroll and then one of the main selection which has high end potions and stones of heatlh/scrolls of life .

These may not be the most sought after for the more elite players but there is a large population that isn't at elite levels yet and there is fair value in the pack.

I personally am still upset that they are providing items that anyone with VIP gets from that on a daily basis, and will probably open some other lockbox when mod 13 drops on Xbox.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    I've been dropping mine in the guild vault. If any of the guildies want them they can have them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    kreatyve said:

An important thing to remember about lockboxes is that it isn't just end game, high item level players opening them. There are still leveling players and players new to end game who have a lot of progress in front of them.

The Adventure pack always comes with 10 greater id scrolls, an epic dungeon key, a PE teleport scroll and then one of the main selection which has high end potions and stones of heatlh/scrolls of life .

These may not be the most sought after for the more elite players but there is a large population that isn't at elite levels yet and there is fair value in the pack.
    I can respect and understand there will be those who want/need the items in the Adventure Pack. My issue is not with the packs per say, but rather that they are dropping at a higher rate then the other blue packs. When they drop at a disproportionate amount it feels less like something included for the lower level characters and more like a cheap add in. A non-reward.

This game already feels like it is too heavy handed with the RNG as it is. To be clear I never "expect" a legendary or epic item when I open a lock box. But even most of the blue boxes give me something useful. The Adventure Pack does not offer me anything I do not already get through drops in the normal flow of the game.

Of course that is my opinion.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

kreatyve said:

I can respect and understand there will be those who want/need the items in the Adventure Pack. My issue is not with the packs per say, but rather that they are dropping at a higher rate then the other blue packs. When they drop at a disproportionate amount it feels less like something included for the lower level characters and more like a cheap add in. A non-reward.

This game already feels like it is too heavy handed with the RNG as it is. To be clear I never "expect" a legendary or epic item when I open a lock box. But even most of the blue boxes give me something useful. The Adventure Pack does not offer me anything I do not already get through drops in the normal flow of the game.

Of course that is my opinion.
    I can understand why you feel this way. I ground out the AD to buy enuff Zen to get VIP 4 times. Opening my daily keys and selling the contents only managed to get me enuff AD to renew my VIP once. Lockboxes have always been heavy on the "fluff". I think that the fact that THIS particular fluff can be obtained through other sources,which do not require a key, is what makes it particularly painful.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Honestly I think the bigger issue is that the Adventurer's Pack need just a little more excitement too them!

valnoled said:

I got one of these packs, there are terrible.
    If a least there were augmentation cubes or a chance of 5x pres wards ...
    I suggested it might be NICE if they included a chance of a Scroll of Mass Life as well. Still I doubt we'd see 5 pres ward's regularly reward and if it did we'd be lucky to get just one. Adding a chance of a Scroll of Mass Life or 1-5 pres ward's depending on RNG would likely see the interest in the packs greatly increase.

So we might be on a 1% chance to get a scroll of mass life, and lucky for a 5% chance of pack that can include 1-2 preservation wards at best. Still if they did that you'd likely see a lot more excited about them alone.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Lockboxes should NEVER "reward" items that can be bought elsewhere in the game.
    Lockboxes should NEVER "reward" items that are painfully useless/valueless. One way to fix this would be to simply add a reroll function that can be used once per box and will never repeat the "reward" that the player doesn't want. Another would be to simply allow players to opt out of the really terrible packs, i.e. adventure packs, mount packs and stronghold packs. A third would be to allow the player to convert any pack into 5 pres wards or 100 trade bars.
    Lockbox rewards should have an average value of at least 30k AD.
    Blue and green mount insignias should be moved out of mount packs to a gold vendor in the marketplace, or they should finally implement the refinement/upgrade functionality that the tooltip promised when they were introduced.

I don't know why this is hard to understand. If you want to make money based on microtransactions, make the items worth buying.

This - its so right. Really taking the HAMSTER when you get a pack that is so terrible you want to face palm yourself into oblivion
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Resurgence gives them so avoid that too. I picked MP because of the T-Rex. It is the only recent box with a higher priced mount not available in the Legendary pack. Arcane Whirlwind was added to there as of yesterday. An older box with a good mount might work but you have to rely on uninformed buyers.

Otherwise if you don't worry about the Grand Prize, I think Giants was the last one to have both Companion and Profession packs so that might be viable. I think even the loathsome Relic packs have gone up in value.

Any LB that has the dread is good to open as well if you are super lucky.

• Options
    marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User

Lockboxes should NEVER "reward" items that can be bought elsewhere in the game.
    Lockboxes should NEVER "reward" items that are painfully useless/valueless. One way to fix this would be to simply add a reroll function that can be used once per box and will never repeat the "reward" that the player doesn't want. Another would be to simply allow players to opt out of the really terrible packs, i.e. adventure packs, mount packs and stronghold packs. A third would be to allow the player to convert any pack into 5 pres wards or 100 trade bars.
    Lockbox rewards should have an average value of at least 30k AD.
    Blue and green mount insignias should be moved out of mount packs to a gold vendor in the marketplace, or they should finally implement the refinement/upgrade functionality that the tooltip promised when they were introduced.

I don't know why this is hard to understand. If you want to make money based on microtransactions, make the items worth buying.

None of that should be necessary. There is no excuse for putting worthless trash in a lockbox. Why is anyone opening these? I wouldn't even waste a VIP key on this garbage, let alone buy keys to open this trash.
This discussion has been closed.