test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC: How can I pick up, use, and store items?

lazarian#3815 lazarian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2018 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Using the "F" key is supposed to allow me to pick up items, but I've been standing in front of a crate of weapons on the beach for some time now and I haven't been able to pick up any of the weapons. The others around me can't either I assume there is a trick or three to it. I'm a Scourge Warlock if that matters. I'd appreciate any help anyone is willing to give.
Post edited by lazarian#3815 on

Answers

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Once you clock the crate, press i to open your inventory. From there you can add the weapon to your character to weild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    "Clock" the crate? The crates around me are completely open. I've spent time using every key and combination of keys that I can think of. Inventory will open, but "F" does not do a thing. I watch as others are able to crouch and reach out, but I've been unable to figure that out either. I approach a crate with weapons and other items sticking out and around it, but nothing I've tried allows me to interact with anything. I could use some help here.
  • Options
    Walk up to the crate, look up ..... eventually it will say press f to loot. Click f and you are set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    If All else fails make a new character and try again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Make sure you do the quests in order....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tracius#5743 tracius Member Posts: 1 New User
    Once my inventory is full is there a way to sell off items to make room for more?
  • Options
    > @tracius#5743 said:
    > Once my inventory is full is there a way to sell off items to make room for more?

Yes you can drop the items or sell them to merchants
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User

Using the "F" key is supposed to allow me to pick up items, but I've been standing in front of a crate of weapons on the beach for some time now and I haven't been able to pick up any of the weapons. The others around me can't either I assume there is a trick or three to it. I'm a Scourge Warlock if that matters. I'd appreciate any help anyone is willing to give.

Maybe you are interacting with decorations and not stuff that is actually intractable just because everything looks pretty does not mean you can pick it up or click it
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Well met, @lazarian#3815 !

Let's go through the steps for a new Scourge Warlock on the beach.

First thing, you talk to Private Wilfred. After you're done conversing with him, he sends you to Search the Wreckage For Gear. When you interact (F by default) with the Wreckage, you'll find a Rugged Tunic.

After looting the item, you're then sent to search more Wreckage For Gear. When you interact with the next Wreckage, you'll find a Brittle Pact Blade.

Once looted, you'll then be told to Open your Inventory (I by default) to Equip Your Gear. You can either double left-click the items in your inventory or right-click them and select Equip.

After you've done this, you can then head up the path to Go to the Camp and continue your journey as a Scourge Warlock.

Now, if for some reason "F" is not interacting with the Wreckage, open the Game Menu and select Options. Then click the Gameplay tab and expand the Keybind section. Then press Reset to Defaults on the bottom left, click Apply. Then try again.

Please let me know if any of this helped you overcome the obstacle you're facing. Good luck!
  • Options
    Now that is more like it. Thank you very much Zebular. My only issue is that I have yet to see anything that tells me the tunic is there or be able to interact using the F key. I changed the key bind for interaction/loot and then it worked well enough.

Thing is, I created a second character, pure fighter this time. That character has the same problem. More in a PM.