test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So about that "all +5 slayer rings" achievement

I have logged THOUSANDS of hours on your game. I have maintained the 100% completion across every expansion, including flawless MSVA the first week I unlocked it.

But if you think. For ONE second. I am going to spend thousands MORE hours on this ONE expansiom to pray for freaking RNG (three layers of RNG mind you!) just to obtain a FULL SET of the +5 rings..... well, you are out of your damned minds.

I am thankful I decided not to chase 100% completion in general over a year ago. I was still sticking with Neverwinter, but this is the last straw. Way to take a proverbial dump on some of your most dedicated fanbase.

News flash: there is no achievement in winning the RNG lottery. That isnt a feather in someone's hat. I doubt more than a handful of your players will ever get this, if anyone ever even does. What an assclown of a thing to do to your fans.

Comments

• Options
    fantasticmfantasticm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    What I don't understand is why they make it so difficult to get all this stuff. If you never get rewarded then what do you do? You stop doing it.

The percentage of hardcore players is probably very low. But the amount of casual players is high. Personally I think trophies should drop every time and rings could be somehow turned into a vendor to get a better one for x amount of lower ones or could be part of a professions system. Most of the people who play have maybe 2-3 hours maximum a day cause they work or go to school, these players should be able to get that stuff too. What does it matter if the hardcore players get more for playing more?! Should cater for the majority of the player base not the minority when it comes to in-game drops. Everything is bound anyway.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

What I don't understand is why they make it so difficult to get all this stuff. If you never get rewarded then what do you do? You stop doing it.

Carrot on a stick. For every person who gives up, there are a few more who don't. Until people truly stop playing due to this stuff, in the numbers sufficient enough to matter to them, they will keep putting these .00000000000001% chance items in the game.

I feel for people who MUST be BIS, and who are competitionists, cause they are feeding on those people right now.
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Last week i barely played the game. No dungeon, almost no dailies. I did my weeklies and i ran some influence(but not daily) to help my guild, along with doing professions and prayers. But thats as much as i did.

Today i logged to do weeklies and as i go trough them i feel so not motivated. It seem like those stupid achievements have sucks out all of the fun of playing this game. There was always a factor , even when you had done them all at that moment, to keep playing and getting stronger to remain relevant and be ready for the next set of achievements the next mod.

But now just like OP here, i am not putting thousands of hours into one single mod. If i just look at the RNG i got from Underdark/MSVA , the number of times i did it vs the number of +5 i got, this is something completely ridiculous. And this time there is even multiple layers of RNG as stated.

From what i heard just completing rank 3 hunts is already a hard achievement in itself due to drop rate etc.

I have not even started this mod, and honestly i feel like just not starting it all together in protest of those BS RNG achievements.
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I haven't been lucky enough to get one, but I have a friend that has two.

I don't know about some. But I play for enjoyment, not achieving perfection. But to each his own.
  • Options
    fluffyr00fluffyr00 Member Posts: 53 Arc User

I don't know about some. But I play for enjoyment, not achieving perfection. But to each his own.

How do these rings drop? Do they automatically go to you rinventory or are they drops on the floor that has to be picked up. Ive done over 200 hunts and got nothing of nay use to my main. Armor is okay to boost stats and IL of my alts but thata about it.
    "Patching the patch that patched the patch"
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Carrot on a stick. For every person who gives up, there are a few more who don't. Until people truly stop playing due to this stuff, in the numbers sufficient enough to matter to them, they will keep putting these .00000000000001% chance items in the game.

I feel for people who MUST be BIS, and who are competitionists, cause they are feeding on those people right now.
    It's different for consoles. It's not about getting the ring. It's about the fact that there are achievements associated with getting the rings. Console players are ok with achievements that are hard, but not ones that are impossible or dictated by randomness.

There are way fewer PC players who care about getting all the achievements, as they're more abstract for us. (Like a Whose Line, "the points don't matter" kind of thing.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    fluffyr00 said:

How do these rings drop? Do they automatically go to you rinventory or are they drops on the floor that has to be picked up. Ive done over 200 hunts and got nothing of nay use to my main. Armor is okay to boost stats and IL of my alts but thata about it.
    They drop on the floor and must be picked up. Also you must initiate the fight not simply participate.
  • Options
    talifeexpectancytalifeexpectancy Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Yeah it has nothing to do with being best in slot. The ONLY reason to collect all 5 types of +5 slayer ring would be for the achievement. I can think of maybe one or two people I know of that MIGHT ever get one of each. Personally, I notified my GM that I was quitting Neverwinter and liquidated all the rank 12s on my paladin into AD, which will be given away a little at a time to folks on TrueAchievements. My TR still has her enchants... for now.

Making an achievement based on winning RNG lottery on multiple levels, five different times to get the full set, is absolutely absurd. Microsoft shouldnt even ALLOW this. It encourages an unhealthy, potentially fatal amount of hours logged on the game to ever even HOPE to get one of each.

If it was simply a long grind for faction points or spefial currency to purchase the rings, that would be fine, but it isnt. It is RNG to get lure 1, then RNG from a lure 1 encounter to get lure 2, then rng from a lure 2 encounter to get lure 3. Then RNG from a lure 3 encounter to get a chance at a ring at all, let alone a +5. I maybe slightly off on the explanation, but the basic premise is there. It is insane that this achievement was ever even approved.
  • Options
    And how much shall we bet that the people who spend thousnands of pounds of real money get the drops more often than the people who dont?

In total I have done over 300 hunts and not a single +5. Must have killed over 500 venomtail just to get 1 venomtail poison. Game has become a joke. Time to be giving all my rank 12 brutals away and multiple transcendant weapon and armor enchantments away and move on to another game.
  • Options
    liamsmith#2133 liamsmith Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I used to love Neverwinter as it provided me with escapism but as of 3 days ago I have stopped playing & refuse to support the developers until there's a change.

Achievment/trophy Hunters are quite a large amount of the console community & this is honestly just disrespectful to us & our time.

This achievement requires a RNG spawn, RNG Drop & then the INSANE RNG drop of the actual ring. That's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I have countless hours in Neverwinter & have supported the game & developers by purchasing quite a bit of ZEN every month or two. But I'm done until this gets changed.

**Lastly, achievements CAN be changed & they have been many, many, many, times. **

Some ideas;

- Change requirements to 1 +5 Ring (this can be done. Fact.)
    - Add Ring Vendor (use AD's, seals or Chultan Riches to purchase rings)
    - Increase +5 drop rates DRASTICALLY & SIGNIFICANTLY

I really want to continue playing this game, but I'm a collector & achievement hunter (which I'm proud of my 100% completion rate on Xbox) at heart & this is just a very stupid, disrespectful, achievement to add.

I beg of you.
  • Options
    Achievement is a complete joke. Im done with this game until tey change something. Drops should be guarenteed at least from rare mobs with the terrible spawn rate. Still makes no sense to me why the trophies and lures cant be stacked.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    One of my Guildies got one Cheevo recently (Xbox) for all 5 slayer rings and I can tell you they weren't Leg
  • Options
    fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    One person stuck it out and got the achievement already. They spent 30+ million AD on superior marks, played 10 hours a day, and did 700+ hunts and that was with some very lucky RNG with a couple of the rings.

That's a bit much for normal people. It should be changed.
  • Options
    maxumilli0nmaxumilli0n Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    When I read about the changes incoming in 12B I thought I'd give it a chance even though I didn't like it.

But once mod12 dropped on consoles and after waiting a few days for this achievement list, my desire to play past this mod died. I started playing less, started doing dungeons less and everything else drastically less contemplating if I should continue.

I speak for a lot of achievements hunters when I say RNG achievements are a slap in the face to any games playerbase or potential playerbase growth and I've had friends not play a game due to it. One more thing to add, if this achievement was somehow intended to keep your "achievement hunter" playerbase to continue playing hundreds upon thousands of hrs to achieve it, think again, it will only discourage them from the game as I feel right now.
  • Options
    500+ hunts now and still not a single +5. Time to uninstall and get back into Dragons Dogma. Will be posting a lot of rank 12s for very cheap. Keep your eyes peeled on the AH for R12 enchantments selling for 1AD. lol
  • Options
    fluffyr00 said:

500+ hunts now and still not a single +5. Time to uninstall and get back into Dragons Dogma. Will be posting a lot of rank 12s for very cheap. Keep your eyes peeled on the AH for R12 enchantments selling for 1AD. lol

You can send em straight to me :p
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    fluffyr00 said:

Will be posting a lot of rank 12s for very cheap. Keep your eyes peeled on the AH for R12 enchantments selling for 1AD. lol

I'll double that to 2AD! I'll even throw in 50 copper PER enchant.
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User

It's different for consoles. It's not about getting the ring. It's about the fact that there are achievements associated with getting the rings. Console players are ok with achievements that are hard, but not ones that are impossible or dictated by randomness.

There are way fewer PC players who care about getting all the achievements, as they're more abstract for us. (Like a Whose Line, "the points don't matter" kind of thing.)
    Exactly. On PC "achievements" are merely just in game challenges. There may be "steam achievements" associated to the game, wich are closer to our consol version, i have no idea, i don't play on PC or steam. But what i call "in game challenges" , the ones that give you titles in the game, honestly i couldn't give an hamster about them... They are in game, stay in game, and won't follow me on my profile when im done playing the game.

Xbox achievements on the other hand are linked to your account and will stay there as long as your account on xbox live exist. You may play the Xbox 5 or whatever its gonna be called in 20 years and still see those games you played on 360 and X1. Those are important to us. And so far NW had kept it fair in seperating in game challenges from achievements, exept Svarborg wich is terrible but at least with master of svarborg i told myself "oh well, it may take 1 year but eventually our characters will grow over this raid" I myself do not die often when doing it, its always 2 or 3 other guys that fall once or twice.

But here its pure RNG, and an extreme grind to say the least. So i say NO WAY JOSÉ !!

Wanna know a funny thing? PS4 was lucky to not get that one, at least last time i checked. They get fewer trophies than us on xbox most of the time.

Anyway personally my VIP ran out today. NO renewal and i am currently on stand by. Ill keep praying and doing professions as i woke up as its part of my daily routine, and then once again as i go to sleep but thats it. I am done playing it for now.

Achievement hunting was an extra motivation to keep my character relevant. To always be the strongest possible so i can keep up with them. But this RNG... thats the biggest hamster you could come up with , and a dirty one to say the least. Its an insult to your fans and as one guy said, it won't keep achievements hunter on the game, they will just say "BYE BYE"
  • Options
    yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    And throughout this entire topic, only one other person has pointed out that the achievement is one ring of EVERY TYPE.

It does NOT need to be +5.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    yiazzy said:

And throughout this entire topic, only one other person has pointed out that the achievement is one ring of EVERY TYPE.

It does NOT need to be +5.

There are two achievements. One for one of each type and one for all +5s. I have the first one already unlocked.

Collected one of each type of the Slayer rings in Chult
    and
    Collect all the +5 Slayer rings in Chult

You made it sound like you read the topic. :p
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Let's not forget the other silliness with achievements in this mod, one of which is buy this gear with AD/Zen/Tb...how is that an achievement?
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @sundance777 said:
    > Let's not forget the other silliness with achievements in this mod, one of which is buy this gear with AD/Zen/Tb...how is that an achievement?

You've achieved pay to win...

They arent my favorite achievements, but at the same time, what kind of true achievement is it to watch a youtube video and run thru a game completing the achievements based on someone else doing all the work... these pay to achieve and rng achievements keep people playing for more than a weekend to gain a few point to their gamer score.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    i figure i’ll work on that achievement after i get a brutality five ring.

So never.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I like to try to find most of the things on my own, I found the scrying stones and the 5 sahha balls in the new zone without youtube and I have my first +5 ring...how many more do I need?
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies