test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4 VIP Event

Can anyone confirm what a friend told me - on Tuesday next week there is going to be a free vip event where players will get vip for free. Not sure if he is just having a joke or not.

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I don't have a lot of details other than what was in the email. PlayStation appears to be planning a promo for their PlayStation Plus members. I'm sure that there will be a blog about it at some point. The email said 1 month of VIP, a mount, and a mask. Keep in mind that Sony is in charge of that promo, so they set the rules and guidelines for what is needed for it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    The email says 1 month VIP, an autumn stag and a mask.

It's only for PSplus members. The last time they did this they emailed a code that you had to put into the playstation store to get it to show up in the reward vendor.

The last time they did this - the mount was available across all alts. It was a spider with wanderers fortune
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

The email says 1 month VIP, an autumn stag and a mask.

It's only for PSplus members. The last time they did this they emailed a code that you had to put into the playstation store to get it to show up in the reward vendor.

The last time they did this - the mount was available across all alts. It was a spider with wanderers fortune

Interesting. I have not heard about this.

• Options
    ritosin#8429 ritosin Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    When is this? I need to keep my eyes out of that email...
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
  • Options
    canillas65canillas65 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Last line of the blog says :"Offer available only in the US."
    Not very happy here in Spain.
  • Options
    nosworc#5848 nosworc Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    "Only available in the US" - Is this a joke, how is that possibly fair?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I believe that part is completely at Sony's discretion.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    nosworc#5848 nosworc Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I believe that part is completely at Sony's discretion.
    What i find hilarious is that i read about this on the Eu playstation blog. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    demonicos#7517 demonicos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I believed the Sony excuse for the zen discount, but not this time
    Post edited by demonicos#7517 on
  • Options
    malakay#8027 malakay Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Not happy that there are giveaways by Area either, should make it fair, ppl are always happy when u treat everybody the same! Also applies to Zen discounts! is there a problem with making everything the same for everybody?
  • Options
    malakay#8027 malakay Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    There was also a free Gorgon last week, once again only US, why? this things make me think of discrimination. And this are not the only times this has happened, really, pliz, make me understand why...

• Options
    orevirorevir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ya estoy harto de tanto ingles, llevamos muchos años jugando a este juego, hay muchisima gente de habla hispana en el mismo, y despues de tantos años desde que salio en pc aun no lo han traducido cuando es una de las lenguas mas habladas no solo en el juego sino en el mundo. Ahora encima traen un regalo y es solo en eeuu, en mi pais eso es discriminacion, yo soy plus en play station desde que la compre, y que arc diga que es cosa de sony exclusivamente eso es mentira, ellos tienen que aceptar de alguna manera el darte un mes de vip, no creo que sony pueda entrar en sus servidores y regalar cosas del juego sin permiso de los desarrolladores. En definitiva me parece una discriminacion absoluta a todos los demas jugadores. A partir de ahora mismo pienso hacer publicidad negativa del juego en todas las redes sociales, si ya han perdido jugadores en ps4 por culpa de destiny espero que pierdan mas ahora por la mia. Esto no lo hago porque, esto te lo has ganado a pulso ARC.
  • Options
    morbidru#5111 morbidru Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    this is really unfair that its US only.. im a pretty new player and have never had VIP, would love to try it out for free before i buy so this gift would be perfect for people like me..

i guess ARC could solve this by giving out promo codes to be redeemed on the website instead, that way EU players could also get this deal, but i doubt that will happend..
  • Options
    adamwoodheadadamwoodhead Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I'm so sick of these US only rewards, especially seeing as it was on the EU blog
  • Options
    theophobos#4647 theophobos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Hey all

Since I'm a new user I have to hijack this thread to ask my question. I understand this restriction even though I've created an account just to ask that question...

Anyways... I've bought a month of VIP like 5 days ago and only now saw about that free month of VIP. My question now is: if I redeem that free month, will it be added to my existing subscription, meaning I'd have 2 full months of VIP or will my subscription, the day I redeem that freebie, be instantly changed to "30 days remaining", meaning that I won't get the full 2 months out of it if I redeem prematurely?

Another question: does that voucher expire? I've installed the PS+ addon and see the free VIP pack redeemable in Protector's Enclave. Will it stay there indefinitely until I finally redeem it or will it expire as it is a time limited PS+ pack?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    @theophobos#4647

If you purchased a regular month of VIP you should have the rank 1 rewards. With the free token it will extend your rank 1 rewards for an additional month. The timer you are looking at will go up by 30 days. I personally have like 200 some days of VIP, I have a friend with over 500 days. You don't have to wait for your first month to run out in order to buy more.

BUT the discounted or free VIP only adds days - not ranks. Don't get suckered. I have a friend with like 200 days of rank 1 VIP because she bought all key packs.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    theophobos#4647 theophobos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @ravenskya said:
    > @theophobos#4647
    >
    > If you purchased a regular month of VIP you should have the rank 1 rewards. With the free token it will extend your rank 1 rewards for an additional month. The timer you are looking at will go up by 30 days. I personally have like 200 some days of VIP, I have a friend with over 500 days. You don't have to wait for your first month to run out in order to buy more.
    >
    > BUT the discounted or free VIP only adds days - not ranks. Don't get suckered. I have a friend with like 200 days of rank 1 VIP because she bought all key packs.

Hi Ravenskya, sorry for the late reply, but you were spot on, thanks for confirming. I just wasn't sure because PS+ freebies have always been special and more often than not incompatible with features from the core game.

Oh, and yeah I knew it wouldn't increase the VIP rank.