test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rubberbanding after server reset

omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
edited August 2017 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Is anyone else having rubberbanding issues since the server reset? All through the weekend and Monday the game played fine. Tuesday sat down to play and have been rubberbanding ever since. Did the whole reset router and Xbox to no avail.

Comments

• Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    We where talking about this the other day with friends, why weirdly Neverwinter seem to lag after a server reset, when that server reset should actually make it work better lol. When my computer lag a bit and is getting slow (its old) after a few days of use, like 5-6, i restart it and it goes much smoother for the next 2-3 days.
  • Options
    king#6769 king Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Having the same problem. Running dungeons at the moment is impossible
  • Options
    I hope they fix it before next week, this event is already a bust. :/
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I've had a combination of lag/bungy ropes and graphic loss. I can't go ten minutes without losing the trail, then red/green blotches everywhere and stuff like power visuals not showing.
    Fighting invisible dragons in the Well is another fairly regular occurrence. Up until about a week ago I think that had happened twice in over a year. Three times this week...
  • Options
    I rubberbanded so much last night I think my cleric got whiplash.
  • Options
    Is there hope that the rubberbanding will go away with this server reset? Or might it get worse? Game has been barely playable for me since last Tuesday.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017
    I have had no issues on XBOX and neither have others I know that play the XBOX. There are not any other reports of ongoing issues besides this small thread here.

I noticed you said you did a reset on your router. Do you mean modem, or did you do that too? If not, try power cycling your modem, router, and xbox.

If you have access to a computer on your home network (or where ever you play NW at with your console and are having issues), perform a traceroute as detailed in this article. Then open a Support Ticket and include the tracert in your report as detailed in steps 4 through 8. Alternatively, you can email support at customerservice@perfectworld.com.

Edit: Corrected a couple typos.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • Options
    I have a cable router/modem combo. And I have reset it several times. Did the tracert and had a couple of timeouts. Sent the tracert to CS, maybe they can see what is going on. The strange thing is everything was okay until the reset on last Tuesday (other than the random disconnects).
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

I have a cable router/modem combo. And I have reset it several times. Did the tracert and had a couple of timeouts. Sent the tracert to CS, maybe they can see what is going on. The strange thing is everything was okay until the reset on last Tuesday (other than the random disconnects).

Were the timeouts at the cryptic server or hops in between you and the server? You may feel free to post your tracert here as well, just XXXX out your IP address and personal info in the beginning for security.

• Options
    One was right after my router, the other right before the xbox server.

12 68 ms 87 ms 77 ms border3.ae2-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.71]
    13 78 ms 77 ms 77 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    14 76 ms 68 ms 75 ms 198.49.243.253
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 71 ms 77 ms 77 ms xboxpatchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
  • Options
    aoventaovent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    got same problem actually: all happened when i reloaded client.
    Rubber hurts pretty hard. cleaned out cash& pc, reloaded router& client multiple times Lowered graphic to minimum. Nothing helps.
    Still have same trouble (pc). it begann on 26th august& lasts still.
    Contacted support, but yet no answer.
  • Options
    After the server reset on the 22nd the rubberbanding started to get less. From the 23rd on, very minimal to no problems. No changes on my side other than constantly resetting my router and restarting my Xbox, which didn't fix the problem. Will have to see what this server reset does. Can't be a coincidence.