test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Bank sort button totally disliked.

tradolftradolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
Seemingly according to last Dev stream, everyone was crying out for a Bank sort button. Well it has arrived and I find it very annoying, I had items fairly well sorted to how I used my bank slots, but now no matter how many times I put things back in that order to suit me, every time I open the bank it's auto sorted into a complete jumble. I know it's probably Alphabetic or category type orientated, but I prefer to place items in small groups or blocks (sometimes two tiles wide) going down the columns especially Runestones of differing types and ranking. But now I find I have to spend time scanning my bank slots to put an item in the right place. I know I'm probably being just a tad picky, but I would like an opportunity to over-ride the sort button to just allow manual item placement as prior to the sort button introduction.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    I don't have a problem with the personal bank sort. It hasn't changed on me. The initial reduction in slots per row threw me, but once I figured out, sorted, it has all been good.

As for the guild vault sort, can we put a lock on that under permissions? Please? Had all the potions sorted out by rank across and type down and someone sorted it and it was a mess.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I don't use the bag sort, and I won't use the bank sort, because I have my own systems, but the bank stays the way I put it. The UI had been set narrower than how I normally keep it immediately after the patch, but once I resized it, my items were how I'd left them. (The resize did make my heart skip a beat though because at first glance it looked like I had lost a bunch of valuables due to open slots being in different positions.)

I'm content to ignore this feature so that others who like it can have it.

If your bank is sorting by itself, that's strange. These features shouldn't activate unless you opt to interact with them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I like the sort buttons, so to say it's "totally disliked" is false. I'm very happy we have them now, though perhaps I am a minority in thinking that.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I think the OP wouldn't mind it without issues of their bank rearranging itself? If there were a clear reason why that's happening, because mine certainly isn't.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I think the OP wouldn't mind it without issues of their bank rearranging itself? If there were a clear reason why that's happening, because mine certainly isn't.

Oh. I hadn't noticed that. Mine didn't do it. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Another person here with no desire for the bank sort button. I will use the one on the top inventory bag as that one stays clear for collecting items while questing. Using sort allows quicker distribution of items into what gets sold, banked or mailed. My other bags and bank slots are organized to my taste however. It would be nice if there were some way to remove the thing.

"The UI had been set narrower than how I normally keep it immediately after the patch, but once I resized it, my items were how I'd left them. (The resize did make my heart skip a beat though because at first glance it looked like I had lost a bunch of valuables due to open slots being in different positions.)"
    ^This, and it has to reset per character. Or perhaps save and load UI? That wouldn't be a time saver though.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    tradolftradolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Perhaps I was being over reactive as after reading these responses, it may well be the issue of a resized window which I did not take into account. I will play around with resizing the pane and hopefully all will be back to my quirky way of using my bank slots.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Being from PS4 - does this new bank sort feature fix our current bank sort locking players out of the bank?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ravenskya said:

Being from PS4 - does this new bank sort feature fix our current bank sort locking players out of the bank?

Probably not... consoles already have guild vault sorting, they have had it for a long time now.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Right - but if you hit the sort button it hoses up guild member's abilities to use the bank. And it's not all members - just random members. I was hoping it would get fixed with 12.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP