test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Current State of NWO

jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
edited June 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi guys,

I was not been playing NWO awhile now ,
was wandering current state of the game and is it worth coming back?

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It depends on when you left as to how things have changed since. Personally I feel the devs are listening and interacting more than they have in the past and this is starting to translate into improvements in how things are done.

Mod 10 was not good imo but 11 is better and 12 looks interesting.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Mod 10 was a low point but the game has rebounded. Current team of Devs seem to be good. However bug detection and fixing are still poor. Endgame group content in PVE is stagnant. Fangbreaker Island dungeon is giving better rewards but not farmable for many. Master Spellplague dungeon generally isn't worth the time amd is very laggy. These 2 dungeons are much harder than the EE release ones and New Castle Never, placing a substantial part of the playbase in a state of limbo - too powerful for old dungeons and not strong enough for the new. The devs have partially addressed this with a number of catch up items for both armor and weapons.

While I believe that there are long term issues that will be tough to overcome, overall things are looking mostly positive at the moment.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Your best bet is to try the game out for yourself. There's been a lot of changes since Mod 6 which is often considered the all time low. Mod 10 was not particularly well received either but most other mods have made significant improvements to the game.

The grind is still rough, which is expected to an extent in an MMO, but there has been a lot of work done to better the game in other regards.

Like every MMO most people who are enjoying the game are in the game and not on the forums so threads like this honestly don't end well. We used to simply close them and tell people to just log in and see if they enjoy the game. I'm going to leave this open but in all honesty you should just read the module highlights and try out the game if the new content interests you.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

Your best bet is to try the game out for yourself. There's been a lot of changes since Mod 6 which is often considered the all time low.

I know that is a common viewpoint on Mod 6, but I actually enjoyed that first part of Mod 6 the best. It kept you on your toes, parties had to synergise or gtfo, teamwork was required, control was required . . . . etc. There was really cool quirks (some ppl might say glitches) like using the traps to kill the bosses in eCC. I loved it . . . . sniff sniff sniff :( RIP Mod6

They should replicate that in a new tier of dungeons

But now when things get a bit hard, we all QQ.

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    NW has gone the way of most MMORPGs.. they are nerfed into dumbness. Not much challenge left.

It makes sense since most of the income comes from some very casual groups I guess. I saw somewhere that the average lifetime of an mmorpg player is 3-4 months.

A parallell world game where things are tuned a lot harder would be more fun IMO.. but I am very uncertain if that would get enough players to stay afloat.

Or make a hard mode inside current game: all player stats and stuff increased 10%, incoming mob damage and mob dr increased 50%. This could be implemented with a simple flag and some code and exist in the normal game for the hardcore crowd.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I think this was their objective with T3 dungeons but they don't appear to appreciate that increased difficulty/time needs to be reflected in increased rewards, otherwise people just don't bother running it (I'm looking at you, MSP).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox