test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Am I only one who do not like module 11 ?

mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
Im just curious because everyone seems to be satisfied and happy. Im really trying, but right now even fishing in SoMi is more fun then doing this campaign stuff:I

Comments

• Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I like it so far, haven;t gotten very far as my hard drive crashed and have had to make do with ubuntu.

As for mod 10, my heart sinks every time I think about the game completion only being 85%, missing 1 boon and the 3 Elk Tribe unlock thingy.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I like the story and the freeform daily. I don't like the skirmish and the jumping, platformer quest. Not currently interested in the weapons and it will be some time before the dungeon is unlocked. Compared to most, it doesn't eat up all my time or force me to repeat the same thing over and over - important when running 2 characters.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    morks, you only need the Elk Tribe support to get the 100% completion on the campaign window. The last boon counts toward an achievement but otherwise is skippable.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I liked a LOT !!
    in fact i was almost leaving the game, the changes to drop rates + this module made me really happy again !!
  • Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    IN MY OPINION: This campaign is tedious, boring, the jump is the most ridiculous thing done. The rewards from the HEs are bad, the daily is boring and the "bosses" (Gyrion and Nostura) are ridiculous. Not to mention this guy:

Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    No, you're not. Drop rates are still miserable. There's no real clarity on how to progress through the mod. We have to rely on community-made maps to adventurer parties and treasure locations to get even the smallest bit accomplished. Still no permanent solo pvp queue, still no +5 rings choice or trade, still no realistic in-game source of coalescent wards, no reform of the disgusting RNG, no real class balancing, more artifact equipment we don't want, no fix to the the Giant Key Disaster, and far too much grind per day.
  • Options
    zach#3177 zach Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Day one I did the intro story quest line then just didn't have the will to do anymore dalies haven't been back to mod 11 since.

I think they forgot that games are supposed to be fun.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I'm still working through 10 & 10.5 lol
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I really like Mod 11. Letting me chart my own course through the campaign forces me to think about what decisions I want to make, which is refreshing. I also like the mechanic of helping the guards maintain security in the zone: it's a way of inducing people to cooperate without using a sledgehammer to force them into it. Very, very smart move by the devs.

At first I didn't like the enemy density when I tested it on Preview, but I've since gotten used to it. I would put it at the threshold between being acceptable and cumbersome (i.e. I'm glad the density isn't any higher), but right now it's manageable while still keeping you on your toes.

I'd really like to see some more storyline quests later in the campaign: each of the Cloaked Ascendancy mages has a history, and while we get to learn some of it, I see an opportunity for more sleuthing. I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be really neat if, for example, a storyline quest for Gyrion let you choose the actual quest path. Admittedly that would entail quite a bit of work by the devs, but there *is* a mechanism whereby some motivated and imaginative players could lend assistance...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I like the fact that I can knock out all the dailies in 1-2 hours and then move on. I just can't live in one mod farming stuff over and over like some can.

I'd rather do some River dailies, then run some dungeons and skirmishes, maybe Dread or Sharandar or Underdark stuff, etc.

I'm not liking the fact that it'll probably be May before I get my Aboleth weapons, though.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I really, really like Module 11. The freedoom in doing my daily stuff however I want and the weapons it introduces are the primary positives for me.

It is not flawless - I really dislike the dig site grind required for the weapon restoration materials, but apart from taht - yeah...I's so, so much better than 10 and 10.5.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

IN MY OPINION: This campaign is tedious, boring, the jump is the most ridiculous thing done. The rewards from the HEs are bad, the daily is boring and the "bosses" (Gyrion and Nostura) are ridiculous. Not to mention this guy:

I was with you up to the bosses. I like the story, the module itself is just boring.
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    How long does it take to unlock Spellplague? This is dumb as hell. I dont know why we have to grind for weeks for a fu...dungeon.
    Beside the spellplague issue i like the new module.

• Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    spideymt said:

How long does it take to unlock Spellplague? This is dumb as hell. I dont know why we have to grind for weeks for a fu...dungeon.
    Beside the spellplague issue i like the new module.

above the investigate all 3 (Gyrion, nostura and kabal) theres 3 task that need to be done to unlock spellplague master dungeon
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    If they'll fix the number of Arcanic Foci (either by increasing the drop or reducing the cost) I will be pretty satisfied with the campaign as it gives a chance to work on more alts and bring them up. Having basically no power creep on the mains is good too.
    I like the fact that you can pretty much choose your way (except AF again because you can get them only by digging). Story is nice so far, I hope they'll dig deeper into it (I'd like to have more story and less grind XD).

I don't like the fact that rewards in SP are so bad. The dungeon is great, giving relic armor is a good alternative to the EF- resistance-grind way that goes via FBI, but there is very little reason to run the dungeon with a main. This is more a gear-up your alts mod than anything else, which is good in a sense as it expands the player base for more difficult stuff, but not so interesting for mains who already have vivified armor and relic weapons.

Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options

but not so interesting for mains who already have vivified armor and relic weapons.

Well, the boons...or at least 2 of the first 3 ones are certainly worth getting for everyone.
  • Options
    mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User

I'd just like to see something different than gating everything behind months of dailies. Even shifting from a daily grind to a weekly cap limit (like underdark) would be better...as I often have multiple hours to play in 1 day rather than the ability to play every single day. A weekly cap would do the same thing, but just allow more flexibility during the week.

Anyways, I'm just going straight to the SP unlock and then I doubt I'll see River District again....since I don't want the weapons, I don't see any other point being there. Maybe complete the boons....someday....but even those are becoming lackluster.

Exactly.. After finishing all stuff there is nothing to do in River District. Same with Icewind Dale and Elemental Evil maps. They keep doing Heroic Encounters with poor rewards. Who is gonna grind HEs for peridot or rank 4 or evidence of evil when you dont need them..

And I dont know about Spellplague Caverns. I want to unlock it too, but in other hand why bother ? Key of Stars compared with Eye of the giant seems like trash, there is no new gear set, nothing.
  • Options
    mistalow said:

Exactly.. After finishing all stuff there is nothing to do in River District.

Yea, his is exactly one of the issues that was raised (and ignored) during Preview testing. I mean, I go regularly back to Dread Ring for the chance of getting a Greater Mark from one of the instances - I occasionally go to Sharandar just to stock up on Potions of Heroism, I go through WoD occasionally, do a few demonic HEs and such, but some of the other campaigns (including M11) do not really have anything that would make me interested in coming back once I have my weapons, boons and dungeon unlock.

It's basically a design flaw.
  • Options
    xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Well in River District, you can buy a relic key from the travelling merchant, 20 EoE. Since, I guess, we'll need it for SP, still worth doing from time to time ...
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User

Well in River District, you can buy a relic key from the travelling merchant, 20 EoE. Since, I guess, we'll need it for SP, still worth doing from time to time ...

What are the other offers ?
  • Options
    xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Here you go :

• Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User

Here you go :

I hope completing the campaign will unlock some items, because this is a trash store.
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Overall, I like mod 11.

PROs:
    The lack of clarity in campaign progression seems to parallel the lore (confusion on what to do next).
    More than just 'go here and whack X amount.' The mechanics in the 'confront. quests are different. It brings back memories of early foundry jumping puzzles put together by some crazy masters. Surprises abounded.
    More achievements and lore, a good storyline and a spoiler...*if you read the lore you get*
    Freedom for different players to pursue different things. Ending the campaign will be different for differently geared players.
    A normal dungeon back.
    An epic dungeon back and redesigned with good mechanics.
    A new skirmish.
    Addition of companion gear that can start equipping adequately things other than rings.
    The removal of underdark rings as granting bonuses in companions (yes, I asked for suddens to be removed months ago).
    Funny achievements and titles...no spoilers given.

CONs:
    Drop rate for bottleneck bound items.
    Unpublished daily limits (still debating whether Evidence of Evil has a daily max)...if any.
    A little too much recycled content in vaults and in storyline. Give us more new stuff.
    A little more story/lore/leadup to huge map would have been a bit better....to help allay some of the confusion.
    The Investigate Nostura quest line gets jumbled up when you go to the ArchDruid in PE. No one takes the time to notice that a new quest was added in the midst of all the Weapons of X element. It should not appear in the middle, but at the top.
    Lag.
    Increasing the instances to 50+ (fuggetabowtit).
    Not a whole lot of secret quests in the new map (like SKT and SoMI).
    Reclaimed Items take up Inventory space and only stack to 99.
    Vault maps take up inventory space and have no purpose but to remind you that you did that vault.
    Treasure maps only stack for the exact treasure, like they are mini quests rather than maps.
    Chests with portal stones only stack to 5.
    Final boss in normal SP bugs. Fix it.

I would love more chapters and story line, rather than replaying confront X several times. You could have made each confront repeat with more lore. That would be awesome.

Anyway, cheers mates!
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User

I was with you up to the bosses. I like the story, the module itself is just boring.
    The story is nice, but the way things work, the ridiculous grind, it's just tedious. You need all 3 Confront to unlock Spellplague.
    What's the point on launching a new dungeon if you need like 1 month to unlock it?
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    mistalow said:

Im just curious because everyone seems to be satisfied and happy. Im really trying, but right now even fishing in SoMi is more fun then doing this campaign stuff:I

I would not say I like. However, if the bar is set to fishing in SoMI, mod 11 is a lot better.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I only play on the weekends and haven't cared at all for the last two updates. Just pretty much insane...and not what I call fun.