test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we all stop racing though dungeons?

dragon9156dragon9156 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I don't know how many times I've "done" Cloak Tower since starting this game just last week, and I still don't know what it looks like; every time I try to run the dungeon it's off to the races and if you don't keep up it's all over before you can say hello/goodbye.

Comments

• Options
    unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    The racing happen becose prolly your team has level 70 alts that grind the daily AD fast as they can..so the new player experience of dungeon is ruined becose cryptic allows high level players to farm dailys... before mod 6 when dungeon team even on low level whas made from 5 players they where fun..now not so much..if you want to have fun just make your own party whit players appropriate to your level..
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    You ask for too much seriously..
    People who race tend to have more then 10 alts and they wanna do their daily dungeons as fast as possible so they can return to their main and grind the zones.
    Bright side is, not everyone are like that. And sometimes you can find people who ll go with you , in your own pace and wait for you to catch up.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Running past all the mobs doesn't make anything go faster when you still have to wait at the end of the dungeon for the entire group. When I run into that I take my sweet time, just because you are willing to pay for the fastest mount in the game to expedite AD farming does not mean that I will accommodate you, nor does it make your play time more significant or more important than mine. Running ahead without warning is a waste of OUR time, not just mine.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    When I was leveling up my level-appropriate characters, and the level 70 took off for the races, I would purposely take my time.. I'd explore everything, poke into all the nooks and crannies, pick up all the shinies, and let them stand and wait at the boss's door.

These days, however, if I'm running for quick AD, I let the lower-level character (if there is one) set the pace.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    In CT it takes not that much to kill the adds as you go. I mean it adds maybe 1 minute to the dungeon run.
  • Options
    zenith#5318 zenith Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    When I was running it with my level 70 character, I wanted it to end faster. And I'm happy when I level a new character and enter this dungeon because I can slack there.
  • Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I've seen this in a few dungeons on PS4. I want to get them done fast but I also want to enjoy it. Running (or jumping) past mobs when you could just as easily kill them seems pointless.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    heroinhero#9562 heroinhero Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I can admit that I am guilty of this, but you have to understand, some of us has 5-6 characters who needs to do daily stuff.
    And dungeons are one of the things we need to do.

However, I can promise you, as long as you have me in the party, I will not rush past any mobs, and I always stick with the group. But since I one-shot almost everything, you are gonna have to try keep up, because naturally it will be a fast pace run.

The whole system in general is just dumb, and I had the same experience as a new player.

I can promise you, once you start do daily runs, with several characters, you will start do the same.
    It's just a natural thing that happens after a while.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Sometimes there's just a conflict of interest.

Cloak Tower and a number of other dungeons can be explored as much as a player wants after the last boss is defeated and wouldn't hinder anyone after it is done. If a player doesn't want to "keep up" with speed running players or speed running players are going "too fast" for the other players currently they are at the mercy of the vote kick. I have been vote kicked out of cloak Tower for seemingly going too fast (way downing mobs ahead of the two other players and soon got the loading screen) and I have also vote kicked players out for going "too slow" (too slow as in just standing in one spot/not even trying to contribute/keep up).

In Cloak tower there are about 5 sections that require downing all the mobs before the door can be opened, they can be led to those particulars areas and are often AoE'ed/melee'd down there. More often than not the "price" of lower level characters being "carried" through a dungeon such as Cloak Tower by higher level characters is it being a speed run.

Some players feel that if they are killing all the mobs why should they have to wait around as well and some players feel that if they want to "explore"/take their time that they can do so, neither player is wrong but unfortunately they often collide with each other in Cloak Tower. Eventually the "new player dungeon experience" fades, that or at this time players seeking to continue to "take it slow" may want to find players with similar tastes to queue dungeons with because the current queue system tends to put a higher level character in the group and those higher level characters tend to be controlled by a player wanting to get the dungeon done quickly.

Need I mention some players purposely slow things down/let others do the work, you can see them sitting in one spot on the map for long amounts of time, etc., etc. I have spent a number of hours collectively waiting for those type of players as well as the explorers and have seen it from both perspectives.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen