test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

esva grind?nop, next mod has better weapons

drakumeldrakumel Member Posts: 15 Arc User
hey guys, i wonder what is the point for esva grind and spend keys/rep for an ultra rare superior mark,
since i saw on preview 3 new sets for main hand / off hand coming on next module. They have same stats and they have nice bonuses , not like the defense one that triggers when i shift to get a better position.
i should have listened to people when said " skip this mod, they will obsolete it soon because of voniblood"

Comments

• Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I don't regret making esva weapons. I don't like the set bonuses from the new weapons. But for people who hate the grind, it's nice.
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    enyo1989enyo1989 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    The sad truth about msva is on get nothing for doing it... 1 rough emerald + 40 protector seals is not an acceptable loot...

Its way better to run demo/tiamat. There u get at least 1 salvage per run.
    I don´t even have the motivation to run msva with my guild to help them out.
  • Options
    you get 3 boxes at the end of esva. you either:
    Wait 1 day for the brothers rep for one box, fish your guts out for next rep and run heroics for third rep OR get zen keys.
    you find group and run esva. esva is nice i like it, good mechanics.
    you open chests with either reputation point of zen keys
    you get a big orange HAMSTER cause you will never get the 30 total superior marks to unlock weapons.
    you wait for next mod for same weapons with similar bonis.
    thats what i learned today,never play the new mod.
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    there will always be a new campaign with new weapons!!
  • Options
    gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    esva was ok to farm before the key changes. Now its different and ppl who just need some more marks keep farming it for reasons.

So do you want to skip the next module too? Because its the same farm and if crytic patches anything while your halfway through it may be the same HAMSTER like for svard. ;)

If you really learned something. Keep your normal weapon set. Twisted/elemental/guild and dont ever farm stuff in upcoming farming-modules again. ^^
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Please don't be Misinformed...

"Rest assured we will absolutely not be releasing ascended weapons in a state that obsoletes relic weapons. In truth, we will be aiming to ensure that relic weapons are still the optimal choice."
    - Asterdahl (Cryptic Developer)
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    weaver936 said:

"Rest assured we will absolutely not be releasing ascended weapons in a state that obsoletes relic weapons. In truth, we will be aiming to ensure that relic weapons are still the optimal choice."

This is a bit disingenuous considering that they're releasing them at the same ilvl. They basically would have to not have set bonuses to not be the optimal choice.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

weaver936 said:

This is a bit disingenuous considering that they're releasing them at the same ilvl. They basically would have to not have set bonuses to not be the optimal choice.
    :D I agree... that's one reason they are doing an internal review... I think. They are really risking killing 1 whole mod and removing ALL relevance of it with these weapons... if nothing else changed and they offer the weapons as they proposed at first... SKT would be dead. It would be less worth doing than Underdark... -.-

Don't take what barely hit Preview Server as absolute fact of what will come in MOD 11 though.

I think the people that skipped mod 10 (I guess they are too "good" to actually earn something) are feeling vindicated a LITTLE to quickly :D.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

urabask said:

weaver936 said:

:D I agree... that's one reason they are doing an internal review... I think. They are really risking killing 1 whole mod and removing ALL relevance of it with these weapons... if nothing else changed and they offer the weapons as they proposed at first... SKT would be dead. It would be less worth doing than Underdark... -.-

Don't take what barely hit Preview Server as absolute fact of what will come in MOD 11 though.

I think the people that skipped mod 10 (I guess they are too "good" to actually earn something) are feeling vindicated a LITTLE to quickly :D.
    Well IMO the mod 11 weapons were fine as is (aside from the firesoul). I just think they should buff the relic weapons a bit if they're making the mod 11 weapons this good.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    thank you guys :) now i rest assured that they have everything under control.
    i will continue opening one chest per day with quest reputation until i get randomly my 30 orange marks (around mod 28).
    There is nothing better than maximizing your grinding pleasure so on Saturdays while i do BHEs for an extra chest chance, ill sit my wife besides me and tell her "Honey, your friend Maria got beautiful this year,why dont you try loosing some weight."
    on Sundays ill get my son and spent two hours at fishing for an extra chest chance.

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I gotta admit. I'm at 90 runs and have only1 superor mark of Ild. I was already at my wit's end with that BEFORE the key change. Now... (total, I have 1/5/8 marks.)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    weaver936 said:

YES because they didn't already semi-obsoleted the super wow 150 il vivified set with new 150 IL drops.In the same mod after how long?2 months?
    But i am still misinformed i guess
    They just trying to get the vonigate behind.

• Options
    pafina1pafina1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I had to do 186 runs to get enough legendary marks to refine my main and off hand weapons, but I was lucky enough to do it when it was more popular and before the key changes. Looking back, I don't know if I'd do it again as things were, but I am certain that I would not now with the new weapons on the horizon, current key issues, and the new gear found in all the other dungeons that can keep you busy. BUT they are nice weapons and are worth it if they fit your build, so if you like them, get them! :smile:
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

From Mod 11 patch notes- Edit on 1/20 at 7:38 PM:
    On Deck, hopefully for next week or the week after: •Review of Artifact Weapon power and ease of acquisition in River District.

They need to get it right for mod 11. Since they usually don't, best for them to error on making them on the easy side to acquire. If they make the grind anything near the mod 10.5 grind, people who sat it out will not be sitting out a 2nd mod. They will be leaving for good.

• Options
    If it takes an entire mod to get the stuff from a mod that is usable almost exclusively in that mod.. and the very next mod (or even sooner), it's replaced... I don't see how that is at all acceptable. Except to those who are just waiting for the game to go to Easy Mode again.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    My point of view.
    I run for several mods with my easy obtainable twisted weaponset and it really did a good job. SH set was a dead end from the first moment imho, a BIS set noone wanted to pay for.

Since mod 10 I try to get that relic set to max and I am far away from legendary due to those marks wich only drop once a week.
    My affords to refine that relic set and level it did cost some million AD and a lot of time, it´s a very expensive way i have gone.
    Not to talk about that relic armor wich needs to be refined with silly ammounts of mats (50 Lanolin for the breast--lol) and some million AD needed.
    Now they implement IL 150 gear in the same mod i even did not finished my weaponset as so the relic gear for one toon....okay
    The new 150 IL gear is a nice way to buff my alts and it´s account bound. It is BIS for some builds and I am ok with that.
    Next mod they gonna add new weapons same IL as relic set and I am sure not gated behind silly ammounts of mats/grind.

My conclusion so far, as mentioned above:
    Cryptic obviously recognized how silly and hostile mod 10/10.5 was implemented for a big part of playercommunity, warned by A LOT of player in endless threads in advance.
    Since eSVA and FBI is gated for a big part of the community and the grind for the new weapons endend in a lot of frustration they try to get out of this mess.

I really hope your learned your lesson this time Cryptic. Ask your community, listen to the playerbase and stop implementing funkilling stuff like this. You allways tell us about small resources you got, so stop wasting those ressources for mods, wich are rejected in advance by the majority of player. You gonna lose that way 100% and waste the rest of your "small ressources" to get things in line in the following mod. That´s not very smart.
  • Options
    drakumel said:

YES because they didn't already semi-obsoleted the super wow 150 il vivified set with new 150 IL drops.In the same mod after how long?2 months?

I think they screwed the pooch on the relic weapons, but the new armors seem good in iL only. Maybe good for special builds, but not in general.
  • Options
    Wow, I can't believe I can do that to a pooch without a hamster!
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User

drakumel said:

I think they screwed the pooch on the relic weapons, but the new armors seem good in iL only. Maybe good for special builds, but not in general.
    My guildy was so psyched about the Visage head piece she went to get it and was so happy (gives 100 Power for every enemy killed in a minute). And then I told her "If you can kill 25 enemies in one minute, you don't need the helm, you are already a beast".
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    weaver936 said:

You believe that ?

It came from the same people who said that Relic weapons will be the best choice for some time (without indicating how long that time will be) making people think no new weapons will appear in following Mod/Mods...making them grind their minds out in esva....

Even if they are up to par/equal or a wee bit lower in effectivenes than relics, it still makes the relic set obsolete, it is a new weapon set sans the mindless grind (I hope, since they're in a campaign store to be obtained)

It is a kick in the HAMSTERS for all people who spent their valuable time farming esva to refine the relic set.

• Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User

Wow, I can't believe I can do that to a pooch without a hamster!

Its because a screw needs a screwdriver xD and u can't use it to screw a pooch! xD
  • Options
    armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

If it takes an entire mod to get the stuff from a mod that is usable almost exclusively in that mod.. and the very next mod (or even sooner), it's replaced... I don't see how that is at all acceptable. Except to those who are just waiting for the game to go to Easy Mode again.

So true that compared to Xbox and PS4 the PC community did earn their weapons on Easy Mode as they were able to use the key glitch.

I truly doubt anyone on PC will be running their armies of alts through now to get their weapons as they will be in the same boat as Xbox and PC.

Maybe just maybe NW understood that they would be making the game unbearable for most of their customers and decided to fix it before they lost a significant portion of their customers. If this is true I say well done NW ;)

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    I always do not hurry myself to get whatever the current mod gives me. I do runs and I do grind a bit but not in a level that I will get it in the foresee future especially when I have no urgency to get it. I do stuff in my comfortable pace (that usually translates to 'forever'). The reason is I know I can get better thing or easier to get the same thing later. The history supports this. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    OP, the new weapons are still in TESTING - do you always like to cry and complain before things actually happen? Maybe you should post in PREVIEW which is where this thread belongs!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    As you can see this discussion is not only about next mod weapons, its about a game with no dungeons and (some ) dragons , a game with tons of grinding (many times for no purpose like the TESTING weapons case you mention) and the beautiful rng that runs every aspect of this game and is loved by every player.
    If you are one of the players that vifified the FULL set (fbi drop) and got the mh/oh to legendary after the key changes (esva) and you still feel ok with how you got there then i rest my case, you are a very calm man.
    Lets implement different versions of voniblood/frost resist at every mod.mod 12 will be catblood and windresist gear , mod 13 everything changes again with alienblood and fartresist gear.
    i dont look for bis gear to be easy, just dont make it obsolete and stupid after 2 months.
    History shows that none listens to players, if they did we wouldn't have vonigate or useless drops after 2 hours fbi runs when we started.
    Post edited by drakumel on
  • Options
    sloppyoctopus#5563 sloppyoctopus Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    the drop rate on orange marks is disgusting really. what makes it more difficult is that a lot of end gamers already have them, and therefore no longer have any incentive to run Msva. so now, we are stuck trying to make good groups with under leveled players. do we have to wait a year for everyone to be high enough in stats to do 5 or 6 min multi runs?
  • Options
    ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    weaver936 said:

It's never acceptable but here it's not the players fault - easy or hard, some people have alot of time for commitment, some has less, some dislike the mod or the bonus and various other reasons. If there's anyone that should be on the end of it, it's the way the mods are designed.

That aside, nothing can make everyone happy. Though I think we all know that new mods always have new stuff to pursue - the question is, are they worth pursuing? You gave your answer - and others gave theirs too. :sunglasses:
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    It's time they raised the level cap again, it's the only proper way to sort out this mess.

Myself I see little point in grinding for gear that gives a marginal improvement when I can already do all the content there is with the gear I have. It's the same with top-end refining, what's the point? To kill something five seconds faster? You get more power boosts from boons, companions and mounts than you do from gear now.

Only pvp players care and I don't do that stuff, so I don't.
This discussion has been closed.