test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About the beholder glitching

emplicitleyemplicitley Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
So I have run the skirmish over 160 times now, the beholder has glitched over 20 times what is there to be done about that? And now I wonder how many times I could've gotten the mount by now

Comments

• Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    To answer your rhetorical question, none likely lol

Re not being able to click, agree it seems like a bug. However, considering one of the rewards is to be poisoned, it's totally plausible not getting a roll on the mount at all is working as intended rng . . .
  • Options
    enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Would be nice to hear some word on the matter as the natives are getting restless whenever it happens. It's like a group of campers stranded in the mountains for weeks and there's no food left. Everyone in the group is looking for someone in the group to blame for it.
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User

So I have run the skirmish over 160 times now, the beholder has glitched over 20 times what is there to be done about that? And now I wonder how many times I could've gotten the mount by now

Apparently if you rush up to the beholder before the cutscene it can glitch the interaction, run in a group and do not rush beholder.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    cscriv79 said:

Apparently if you rush up to the beholder before the cutscene it can glitch the interaction, run in a group and do not rush beholder.

I've heard this as well, but I've also seen this happen when no one is near the beholder or close enough to interact with it. PC player posts also mention some other theories, which were all disproved as well.
  • Options
    I have recently completed my 200th run of the workshop. Out of those 200 runs 25 of them have glitched. So 12.5% of my runs have been worthless.

Waste of my time to finish the dungeon and have it glitch
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I would be happy with a way to bypass the cut scenes also...
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    It's not a glitch, its part of RNG. You don't always get something from the end, you don't always get to "focus" on it.
  • Options
    asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    It's not a glitch, its part of RNG. You don't always get something from the end, you don't always get to "focus" on it.
  • Options
    Then they should change the text in the cutscene to " you can potentially focus on the beholder now"
  • Options
    tycchoice#2111 tycchoice Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Sometimes when I focus on the tank it says it finds some random items laying around and I don't receive anything so that part may be apart of the RNG but I don't feel like not being able to focus on it at all is
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    i feel like the un-skippable cut scene is a way for them to extend the length artificially.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User

So it's a 90% chance to try for a 0.00005% chance at something? That does not sound right...but it could be. They should do that on lockboxes too, like it only opens the lockbox 90% of the time.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    Remember everyone....one of the "rewards" is poisoned. From a harm standpoint, it would be better to get nothing than that.

Who knows if it's bugged or not; still trying to replicate without success. I will say that staying away seems to help (thx for tip above); I'm not sure I've had a failure to click in the last 20 runs..

Need larger sample ..
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Is this confirmed by a Dev or in an official statement anywhere or is it just guesswork by players?

Unless your statement has been confirmed by an actual employee it should be considered a glitch.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    There is a know issue that the Beholder can become in a non-interactable state. You are not guaranteed a reward when interacting with the Beholder however. Merged threads and moved to the proper forum for bug reporting.
  • Options
    zebular said:

There is a know issue that the Beholder can become in a non-interactable state. You are not guaranteed a reward when interacting with the Beholder however. Merged threads and moved to the proper forum for bug reporting.

Any chance we can get some info on root cause so we can avoid bugging it out?

Would be a really nice second place to just fixing the issue

• Options
    chriscutis#2567 chriscutis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Since no one else has mentioned it, everytime I've experienced the glitch the exit portal has disappeared as well. You can still go to where it should be and use it to exit, but cannot see it.
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Yes^
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    OK had it glitch 4 times in a row running with different groups, I love the D&D beholder and would love this mount but not getting a chance at it on majority of runs is very annoying.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

zebular said:

Any chance we can get some info on root cause so we can avoid bugging it out?

Would be a really nice second place to just fixing the issue

Nobody has been able to identify something that makes it happen 100% of the time. Every theory I have heard about what causes it to bug out has been disproven.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png