test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: Remove fishing quests from Lonelywood?

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
edited August 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)

Poll: Remove fishing quests from Lonelywood? 60 votes

Yes, I came here to kill monsters and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.
55%
kingdomkey2coliersorce#8115issssshourabaskputzboy78cambo1682cerberusxllzghondioldbaldyonefrankymcnylatlthesecondsneak#6191berytakpomeroycolleydumdragonjedimaster74elrinnarnameexpiredasterotg 33 votes
No, I'm exhausted with dungeons and battles and I just want to haul up the occasional old boot.
45%
freewareepercemerironzerg79wylonusjoe123thewaywarddiogene0lillijendrimamalion1234istarinaward9grogthemagnifhammbo1969aidek0dupeksmeiramianolia123morghulis21izwordragoness10someonedies 27 votes

Comments

• Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I'd rather it was fixed.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    No, I'm exhausted with dungeons and battles and I just want to haul up the occasional old boot.
    Some of you have been hanging out with Cryptic too much. When something doesnt work, dont remove it, fix it.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    How about a third option: Never mind the fishing.....sort out 'Training Day' !!!!!
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    You don't get to choose... It ain't gonna be removed, I don't mind it. It works fine in my experience. Takes a couple minutes, no more.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    It's a quest like every other one.
    It is unimportant, if we have to kill mobs, collect flowers, dash throught the bushes or fish.

Btw. it is one of the fun things in the winter festivities, happy to see it outside that event
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    arabatur said:

I'd rather it was fixed.

Just make it work properly. There's nothing wrong with an occasional "Fetch Quest" as long as they're not riddled with bugs that makes completing them take longer than killing 50 goblins or whatever.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Yes, I came here to kill monsters and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.
    If You could fish basically anywhere in the water
    NOT CLICKING ON SPECIAL NODES
    NOT HAVING IT INTERRUPTED BY SPAWNING CRABS
    It is being claimed that the game work that way that you have to press F on pointed minizones like
    DOORS
    BARRELS
    sometimes WALLS

i just want to throw a fishing pole into a water
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    sulajpl said:

If You could fish basically anywhere in the water
    NOT CLICKING ON SPECIAL NODES
    NOT HAVING IT INTERRUPTED BY SPAWNING CRABS
    It is being claimed that the game work that way that you have to press F on pointed minizones like
    DOORS
    BARRELS
    sometimes WALLS

i just want to throw a fishing pole into a water

I VOTED no but there is an issue annoy me. when i log in do the quest with a support character a dps class coming and fishing to the place i was instead leave alone at all from gypsy i dont want even to kill the crabs for me.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I don't mind it; it just needs the kinks worked out.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    I think the quest itself is fine, but it could use some tuning. Right now it's nearly impossible to get enough fish in a crowded instance without it taking half an hour or longer.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    People are trying to use their Epic fishing poles from Simril (winter event), as a note here. There's a claim they will increase the chances of getting a fish worth more points.

This seems a wishful hope of a rumor.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    if you're going to demand players waste time doing this pointless fishing quest, here are 3 ideas that will sweeten the experience.

1. get rid of old boots and other useless junk.
    2. set the threshold lower, or increase the points gained per catch.
    3. those of us that kept hold of our purple rods from the winter event, let us use them for a granted speed bonus.

these quests are the worst I have seen for some time, between quests that are overly tedious, and the bugged while elephant in the room, this module is a huge turn off.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    If they fix a few things about the quest, it could be an interesting minigame. As it stands right now it's kind of garbage. But I'm optimistic it will develop into something better given some time.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    This, at least, confirms my theroy that fish wear shoes. It is the only reason to explain why you are so much more likely to get boots from this activity, then any other.
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    it's OK
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    aidek0 said:

Some of you have been hanging out with Cryptic too much. When something doesnt work, dont remove it, fix it.

^^^This

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    aidek0 said:

I'd still be annoyed by it even if it worked. No one spends their time refining weapons to gear up to go fishing.

However, in the present state of this quest we have a lot of players HAMSTER it up for everyone else by only fishing once out of 3 times so the nodes don't reset and the only thing we can do if we get in an instance with them is to change to a lower population instance if available.
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    It will be nice if it get fix. Now we can go fishing and do not get reward window (not even old boot) few times in a row. It's frustrating.
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I'd rather they removed the recruit training one. Fishing one is fine as it is.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I love the winter Festival fishing contest too.
  • Options

I love the winter Festival fishing contest too.

So you're the one.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No, it's one of the shortest daily tasks. There's no need to remove it. If you don't know how to do it in under 3 minutes I invite you to read how I do it in other topics, I've posted enough about it.

I'm not saying it's interesting - it's not, but I'd rather do that instead of spawn camping rare goblin spawns or hunting for stupid flowers.
  • Options
    sneak#6191 sneak Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    props for duke reference
    Atodaso@sneak#6191
    Tornado Of Souls