test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

is there anyone switching to archery?

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
edited July 2016 in The Wilds
it seems the only way to see some reliable damage in pvp is going archery..
someone may be even tired of trapper and switch to archery in pve too...what about you ?

is there anyone switching to archery? 27 votes

im going archery
29%
macjaevinceent1romotheonemystoclesakskfoxxy#4211jhpnwdreadwolf#0817 8 votes
still trapper
66%
whitestaruaurabasklevdbronsteincobra624loexwellbeadinmachetemattkatycurryauntjimimalinaduindmcewengnymukalavin11ajax0101krazydog#1509maggiethehunt#5123alfapapa#7428coolmilkman#6805 18 votes
combat is so sad that it needs at least my love...combat!
3%
parovozik86 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    nah, meta will likely still be trapper, possibly with 15 in archery for longshot. Can hit about 300k atm with Hawk Shot on dummies with Archery, but considering tenacity + deflect it's not very viable.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    im going archery
    Will have a archery and trapper for preview. Then will decide which goes live. I played archer ist year and switched Trapper. I hope to get enough pvpers to test in IWD to see how archer and trapper will fare. I have 2 BIS trappers in preview now one will become archer
  • Options
    ralexinor said:

nah, meta will likely still be trapper, possibly with 15 in archery for longshot. Can hit about 300k atm with Hawk Shot on dummies with Archery, but considering tenacity + deflect it's not very viable.

that was my first thought, elven battle and tenacity kill roots and the thorned root duration is moved to the capstone hence HAMSTER roots duration and serpent and lets take 15 points in archery for buffed longshot (more encounters more piercing).
    Archery with thorn ward and aimed shot can be devastating tho.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    rayrdan said:

ralexinor said:

that was my first thought, elven battle and tenacity kill roots and the thorned root duration is moved to the capstone hence **** roots duration and serpent and lets take 15 points in archery for buffed longshot (more encounters more piercing).
    aimed shot is going to do like 20k on players at most tbh, i guess it's alright, but i'd wager full trapper is still better especially with the at-wills change to swiftness (lol)

longshot damage isn't fantastic, and it's only really good with thorn ward, but it depends on whether they let it be affected by damage buffs or not. Currently isn't affected by damage buffs, has weird interaction with them (affected by some marginally, others not so much), I've seen as high as 3.5k piercing on thorn ward, while averaging around 2-2.5k, it's pretty odd. At-will longshot atm is about 800, maybe 900 if you're lucky, which will be 1.8k~ or so with the buffs, and maybe 4-5k on thorn ward, and 6-7k on dailies. If you're lucky. Will have to check values again but it'll probably be closer to around 4k on thorn ward. If it's affected by damage buffs then it's gg.
  • Options
    ralexinor said:

rayrdan said:

ralexinor said:

that was my first thought, elven battle and tenacity kill roots and the thorned root duration is moved to the capstone hence **** roots duration and serpent and lets take 15 points in archery for buffed longshot (more encounters more piercing).
    aimed shot is going to do like 20k on players at most tbh, i guess it's alright, but i'd wager full trapper is still better especially with the at-wills change to swiftness (lol)

longshot damage isn't fantastic, and it's only really good with thorn ward, but it depends on whether they let it be affected by damage buffs or not. Currently isn't affected by damage buffs, has weird interaction with them (affected by some marginally, others not so much), I've seen as high as 3.5k piercing on thorn ward, while averaging around 2-2.5k, it's pretty odd. At-will longshot atm is about 800, maybe 900 if you're lucky, which will be 1.8k~ or so with the buffs, and maybe 4-5k on thorn ward, and 6-7k on dailies. If you're lucky. Will have to check values again but it'll probably be closer to around 4k on thorn ward. If it's affected by damage buffs then it's gg.
    thats why i ll try to make thorn ward work in a rotation...probably after the nerf on gfs i can try to play without fox.
    if only they brought back prime critical i would have been more tempted.
    right now the safest choice is still trapper ( im curious to see the interaction of swiftness with carefull attack)
  • Options
    ralexinor said:

rayrdan said:

ralexinor said:

@ralexinor btw i had mixed feelings on your last nerfs requests (thorned + dread).. i mean those nerfs would be enough to force me to play archery (which i would like to) but you went overboard probably looking for my same reasons for a switch.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @rayrdan

Bugs are bugs, they should be fixed regardless of being beneficial or not. I don't discriminate between either, I post bugs because they're bugs. You also realise I posted a bunch of bugs that were fixed that help trapper? The majority of the people in the thread are just whining and not doing any testing, and because they don't like what I'm saying they try and throw my credibility into doubt as their only argument against fixing it.

Anyway, one more thing of note, longshot is not going to be as good as it sounds unless it's affected by damage buffs, because you need to remember that it requires a crit to proc. Using crit in pvp is literally gimping yourself. So it will depend, archery might be meta if longshot is good enough because of crit, but otherwise trapper will likely stay meta. Also, since ca no longer procs serpent stacks, it may not proc swiftness, and hopefully it doesn't. That'll probably be a bug if it does.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    im going archery
    meta may be depending also a lot on interactions of other things in PVP with changes to roots on damage and such as how will EB be effected by roots right now there are no ticks of root damage
  • Options
    well for what is worth if thorned root will still behave strangly against elven battle i m going to be archery 100%
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    ralexinor said:

@rayrdan

Bugs are bugs, they should be fixed regardless of being beneficial or not. I don't discriminate between either, I post bugs because they're bugs. You also realise I posted a bunch of bugs that were fixed that help trapper? The majority of the people in the thread are just whining and not doing any testing, and because they don't like what I'm saying they try and throw my credibility into doubt as their only argument against fixing it.

Anyway, one more thing of note, longshot is not going to be as good as it sounds unless it's affected by damage buffs, because you need to remember that it requires a crit to proc. Using crit in pvp is literally gimping yourself. So it will depend, archery might be meta if longshot is good enough because of crit, but otherwise trapper will likely stay meta. Also, since ca no longer procs serpent stacks, it may not proc swiftness, and hopefully it doesn't. That'll probably be a bug if it does.

The big problem we have here though is for some reason you seem to be picking anything and everything out of the air and then highlighting them as "possible" bugs, at a crucial time when a Dev is finally looking our way. Then from that point onward yourself and a couple of the same followers consistently try to make everyone believe that they are bugs. Then big walls of text follow every now and then with you pushing these so called bugs in red writing.

I agree with @rayrdan that you just went too far with the latest round of "supposed" bugs... I would go one step further though and say that we are VERY lucky the dev's did not listen to ALL your advice. If they pushed through changes and destroyed the Trapper (even more) I would have been so gutted. There probably would have just been just 4 Hunter Rangers left on the Planet.

It is actually rediculas you just said people are just whining and not doing any testing... the patch was not even up to test and a massive amount of us do not even have access to the preview server. Discriminate much? And I tell you what, if we had not been so vocal (when you clearly told us not to be vocal and to wait) then we would have lost Swiftness of the Fox forever and a whole playstyle.

We are "whining" as there is limited time to get any kind of changes in... instead of buffing Archery and Combat all that seems to have happened is a massive nerf to Trapper... wonder who highlighted these non-bugs that needed no attention... instead you could have highlighted ways to make the Archery and Combat Tree's better.

I really am not looking forward to these changes hitting the xbox... Any cool downs = 0 Trappers in the game I'm pretty certain.

Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

The big problem we have here though is for some reason you seem to be picking anything and everything out of the air and then highlighting them as "possible" bugs, at a crucial time when a Dev is finally looking our way. Then from that point onward yourself and a couple of the same followers consistently try to make everyone believe that they are bugs. Then big walls of text follow every now and then with you pushing these so called bugs in red writing.

I actually post them as bugs because I do a lot of testing, and have a lot of experience with previous issues as such as well as other classes and their feats and interactions. Thorned Roots for example is a proc, and I can list off at least 10 other similar feats that don't crit, or were changed to not crit.
    wdj40 said:

It is actually rediculas you just said people are just whining and not doing any testing... the patch was not even up to test and a massive amount of us do not even have access to the preview server. Discriminate much? And I tell you what, if we had not been so vocal (when you clearly told us not to be vocal and to wait) then we would have lost Swiftness of the Fox forever and a whole playstyle.

You don't need to be on the preview server to test for bugs, or for damage comparisons between paths. I've done testing this way, and a lot of my knowledge actually comes from experience and understanding of the class, so I don't need to go actively looking for bugs to find them; I find them because I know how the game works and where problems are likely to originate. I do have a damage comparison chart between the paths, and am intending to do one when the patch is up for comparison's sake.

Also again, I reiterate, I don't think you've experienced other HR metas and hence have little knowledge of the different playstyles of the class. Trapper is not the only fun playstyle that HRs have had, and there are certainly many more playstyles that are just as interesting and fun, if not more so. If it was possible, I'd recommend trying them out before complaining about losing any sort of playstyles.
    wdj40 said:

We are "whining" as there is limited time to get any kind of changes in... instead of buffing Archery and Combat all that seems to have happened is a massive nerf to Trapper... wonder who highlighted these non-bugs that needed no attention... instead you could have highlighted ways to make the Archery and Combat Tree's better.

I have highlighted ways to do that. In fact, I did actually note that it was possible to put ridiculously high amounts of damage buffs into the Archery and Combat trees to compensate for how powerful Trapper is in comparison, but that it wasn't a very good idea because it's bad game design and also leads to further issues down the track, as it's only a bandaid fix. The thing with balancing is that it's a two-way view: there's nerfs to overperforming aspects, then buffs to compensate and make the class more solid overall. Currently the class relies completely on a few aspects that would make any other class grossly overpowered, but since the base class itself (class without feats) is extremely weak and miles behind other classes, it's not as glaringly obvious.

It'd be far better in the long term for the devs to remove these factors and boost the base class so that it's on the same level as other classes, and then have the feats as additional boosts on top rather than being the entire basis of the class. The Trapper tree, all things told, is actually not a damage-dealer path, it's more of a controller/buff class, but its DPS is inflated by Thorned Roots. Archery should definitely be outputting far more damage, even Combat.
    macjae said:

You have to look at the larger picture when looking at things like this: Swiftness of the Fox was no different from a number of other cooldown-reducing bugs. After all, who doesn't remember when HRs could spam infinite Fox Shift, or when Split the Sky was instantly recharging cooldowns? Swiftness of the Fox was just another culprit in the same category, and the only reason it had festered for so long was that the developers haven't been doing balancing or fixing bugs like that for a very long time unless they are gamebreaking.

Split the Sky bug was hilarious :(

When the GWFs/GFs in my party had no cooldowns on their encounters because of StS + Swiftness interaction, it was pretty funny. Unfortunately, Split the Sky was nerfed as a result of Swiftness, instead of just fixing the bug. I'm pretty sure there were a few other things that were nerfed as a result of Swiftness as well.
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    still trapper
    This poll is pretty pointless, it was evident who was pushing archery from the start. The results are what everyone should have expected.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    ralexinor said:

wdj40 said:

I actually post them as bugs because I do a lot of testing, and have a lot of experience with previous issues as such as well as other classes and their feats and interactions. Thorned Roots for example is a proc, and I can list off at least 10 other similar feats that don't crit, or were changed to not crit.
    wdj40 said:

You don't need to be on the preview server to test for bugs, or for damage comparisons between paths. I've done testing this way, and a lot of my knowledge actually comes from experience and understanding of the class, so I don't need to go actively looking for bugs to find them; I find them because I know how the game works and where problems are likely to originate. I do have a damage comparison chart between the paths, and am intending to do one when the patch is up for comparison's sake.

Also again, I reiterate, I don't think you've experienced other HR metas and hence have little knowledge of the different playstyles of the class. Trapper is not the only fun playstyle that HRs have had, and there are certainly many more playstyles that are just as interesting and fun, if not more so. If it was possible, I'd recommend trying them out before complaining about losing any sort of playstyles.
    wdj40 said:

I have highlighted ways to do that. In fact, I did actually note that it was possible to put ridiculously high amounts of damage buffs into the Archery and Combat trees to compensate for how powerful Trapper is in comparison, but that it wasn't a very good idea because it's bad game design and also leads to further issues down the track, as it's only a bandaid fix. The thing with balancing is that it's a two-way view: there's nerfs to overperforming aspects, then buffs to compensate and make the class more solid overall. Currently the class relies completely on a few aspects that would make any other class grossly overpowered, but since the base class itself (class without feats) is extremely weak and miles behind other classes, it's not as glaringly obvious.

It'd be far better in the long term for the devs to remove these factors and boost the base class so that it's on the same level as other classes, and then have the feats as additional boosts on top rather than being the entire basis of the class. The Trapper tree, all things told, is actually not a damage-dealer path, it's more of a controller/buff class, but its DPS is inflated by Thorned Roots. Archery should definitely be outputting far more damage, even Combat.
    macjae said:

You have to look at the larger picture when looking at things like this: Swiftness of the Fox was no different from a number of other cooldown-reducing bugs. After all, who doesn't remember when HRs could spam infinite Fox Shift, or when Split the Sky was instantly recharging cooldowns? Swiftness of the Fox was just another culprit in the same category, and the only reason it had festered for so long was that the developers haven't been doing balancing or fixing bugs like that for a very long time unless they are gamebreaking.

Split the Sky bug was hilarious :(

When the GWFs/GFs in my party had no cooldowns on their encounters because of StS + Swiftness interaction, it was pretty funny. Unfortunately, Split the Sky was nerfed as a result of Swiftness, instead of just fixing the bug. I'm pretty sure there were a few other things that were nerfed as a result of Swiftness as well.
    Listen I`m not going to talk about any of this with you any more there is no getting through to you at all. You are still trying to push your HEAVILY opinionated views down others throats. Just by you saying...

"Also again, I reiterate, I don't think you've experienced other HR metas and hence have little knowledge of the different playstyles of the class. Trapper is not the only fun playstyle that HRs have had, and there are certainly many more playstyles that are just as interesting and fun, if not more so. If it was possible, I'd recommend trying them out before complaining about losing any sort of playstyles."

... Clearly shows you have not been listening at all and you seem to have no idea how others feel by saying that.

What is fun for you may not be fun for others, whereas what you call fun might not be for others. I have clearly stated I have tried every class and even if you look at my sig you can see I have played around with the other classes in the game too. You right there with that sentence, shows a clear disconnect with the Xbox Hunter Ranger Trapper Community.

The only reason I am still playing this game is the Hunter Ranger Trapper fluid play style. The only class/path I truly enjoy playing. I am not alone in feeling this about the classes in the game.

I am willing to see how these changes work out and then decide what to do. But as I have said over and over and over Trappers with cool downs in PvE and/or PvP = death and not being wanted in runs again, which in turn will probably lead to the death of the HR for the foreseeable future.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

Listen I`m not going to talk about any of this with you any more there is no getting through to you at all. You are still trying to push your HEAVILY opinionated views down others throats.

Stating my opinion is now shoving it down other people's throats? I could say the same for you, honestly.
    wdj40 said:

Just by you saying...

"Also again, I reiterate, I don't think you've experienced other HR metas and hence have little knowledge of the different playstyles of the class. Trapper is not the only fun playstyle that HRs have had, and there are certainly many more playstyles that are just as interesting and fun, if not more so. If it was possible, I'd recommend trying them out before complaining about losing any sort of playstyles."

... Clearly shows you have not been listening at all and you seem to have no idea how others feel by saying that.

What is fun for you may not be fun for others, whereas what you call fun might not be for others. I have clearly stated I have tried every class and even if you look at my sig you can see I have played around with the other classes in the game too. You right there with that sentence, shows a clear disconnect with the Xbox Hunter Ranger Trapper Community.

You missed the point. This is not about other class' playstyles, this is about HR playstyles. Your sentence about "fun" also holds true for the reverse - and remember, "fun" is subjective, as you've said yourself. The xbox community is also literally only half or less of the NW community as well, certainly not the pure majority. My point being that you haven't tried previous styles of the HRs that were available to PC players in previous mods because you play on the xbox, which I believe started from Module 5 (?), where Trapper was already the dominant path. You seem to be ingrained to the opinion that Trapper is the one and only style for HR, which is fine, but do remember that that's the only style that you've tried for HR in terms of non-pure Archery/Combat. There are other playstyles that previously existed that could be considered just as fun or more fun, so discarding them without even trying them first is a bit narrow-minded. As I said, HR was originally designed as a stance-dancing class, not necessarily Trapper in its current state. Trapper is not the whole HR class.
    wdj40 said:

The only reason I am still playing this game is the Hunter Ranger Trapper fluid play style. The only class/path I truly enjoy playing. I am not alone in feeling this about the classes in the game.

I am willing to see how these changes work out and then decide what to do. But as I have said over and over and over Trappers with cool downs in PvE and/or PvP = death and not being wanted in runs again, which in turn will probably lead to the death of the HR for the foreseeable future.

The opposite also applies here again as well. Also having cooldowns like every other class in the game does doesn't mean Trappers will be dead, especially not if the HR class as a whole receives the buffs it needs. Amenar has proven so far that he does listen to players and actively fixes issues.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I'm pretty sure the Thorned Roots with Elven Battle bug has been fixed for the next patch @rayrdan. Thorned Roots has always interacted oddly with control resist - it isn't affected by standard control resist bonuses I think, but Elven affected it despite being a supposed control resist bonus. Probably because being on a different layer of control resist, or the value is that high (with control resist being divisive, it's actually an 80% control duration reduction). At any rate it'll be quite easy to test.

I don't think Archery has enough damage to compete with Trapper even in PvP, especially with at-wills reducing cooldowns now. Trapper will likely still remain ahead of Archery and Combat in PvE even in single target fights, although if Thorned Roots is changed not to crit or be affected by Dread, that might be a different story. Also remember that, as per one of my earlier posts, crit damage is largely reduced in PvP, so that's another reason why Archery is so weak. Using Dread/Vorpal (which you probably would as Archery) instead of Feytouched also really hurts since Feytouched multiplies against all your damage bonuses, so whereas your crit severity will be around 150-200%, Feytouched will reduce that down by almost 50% crit severity (when you consider end bonuses). Again, Archery's effectiveness in PvP will largely rely on Longshot being OP, and even then Trapper/Longshot will probably end up being meta.
  • Options
    @ralexinor and what about serpent?

• Options
    @rayrdan

What about serpent? The feat or the class feature?
  • Options
    ralexinor said:

wdj40 said:

Listen I`m not going to talk about any of this with you any more there is no getting through to you at all. You are still trying to push your HEAVILY opinionated views down others throats.

Stating my opinion is now shoving it down other people's throats? I could say the same for you, honestly.
    wdj40 said:

Just by you saying...

You missed the point. This is not about other class' playstyles, this is about HR playstyles. Your sentence about "fun" also holds true for the reverse - and remember, "fun" is subjective, as you've said yourself. The xbox community is also literally only half or less of the NW community as well, certainly not the pure majority. My point being that you haven't tried previous styles of the HRs that were available to PC players in previous mods because you play on the xbox, which I believe started from Module 5 (?), where Trapper was already the dominant path. You seem to be ingrained to the opinion that Trapper is the one and only style for HR, which is fine, but do remember that that's the only style that you've tried for HR in terms of non-pure Archery/Combat. There are other playstyles that previously existed that could be considered just as fun or more fun, so discarding them without even trying them first is a bit narrow-minded. As I said, HR was originally designed as a stance-dancing class, not necessarily Trapper in its current state. Trapper is not the whole HR class.
    wdj40 said:

The opposite also applies here again as well. Also having cooldowns like every other class in the game does doesn't mean Trappers will be dead, especially not if the HR class as a whole receives the buffs it needs. Amenar has proven so far that he does listen to players and actively fixes issues.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I'm pretty sure the Thorned Roots with Elven Battle bug has been fixed for the next patch @rayrdan. Thorned Roots has always interacted oddly with control resist - it isn't affected by standard control resist bonuses I think, but Elven affected it despite being a supposed control resist bonus. Probably because being on a different layer of control resist, or the value is that high (with control resist being divisive, it's actually an 80% control duration reduction). At any rate it'll be quite easy to test.

I don't think Archery has enough damage to compete with Trapper even in PvP, especially with at-wills reducing cooldowns now. Trapper will likely still remain ahead of Archery and Combat in PvE even in single target fights, although if Thorned Roots is changed not to crit or be affected by Dread, that might be a different story. Also remember that, as per one of my earlier posts, crit damage is largely reduced in PvP, so that's another reason why Archery is so weak. Using Dread/Vorpal (which you probably would as Archery) instead of Feytouched also really hurts since Feytouched multiplies against all your damage bonuses, so whereas your crit severity will be around 150-200%, Feytouched will reduce that down by almost 50% crit severity (when you consider end bonuses). Again, Archery's effectiveness in PvP will largely rely on Longshot being OP, and even then Trapper/Longshot will probably end up being meta.
    Ok cool, we are just never going to agree on this particular subject :)

My view was and still is, I would have been happy with a damage nerf in PvE for the Trapper... Just not happy with a cool down nerf.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    ralexinor said:

@rayrdan

What about serpent? The feat or the class feature?

@ralexinor both but im more concerned about the class feature. There is no place for it but they are making it quite good.
  • Options
    @rayrdan huh? Aspect of the Serpent hasn't been used in pvp since idk... mod 7 or 8 or something like that? HRs don't do enough damage, and since CA won't proc it anymore no point using it with TW, since that thing still procs AotS every hit. Unless you're talking about AotF?
  • Options
    ralexinor said:

@rayrdan huh? Aspect of the Serpent hasn't been used in pvp since idk... mod 7 or 8 or something like that? HRs don't do enough damage, and since CA won't proc it anymore no point using it with TW, since that thing still procs AotS every hit. Unless you're talking about AotF?

nope aspect of the serpent, i know it has not been used much but i hoped to find a place for it again.
    now that you mention it i dont think aspect of the falcon will be that good..1% more damage for each 5' of distance is not that much considering a feat like stillness of the forest is already not reliable and it only requires 25'
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

now that you mention it i dont think aspect of the falcon will be that good..1% more damage for each 5' of distance is not that much considering a feat like stillness of the forest is already not reliable and it only requires 25'

Maybe not for pvp, but I may actually use it for pve as any increase to damage will be nice. I generally play between 25-30 yards away from target so that is a 5-6% damage increase. I'm hoping the Hunting Hawk active bonus will be changed to something similar - well I requested that anyway but doubt it will happen.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    still trapper
    No one cares about "metas" or HRs of past mods. I Have played all three of the current trees and archery is the least appealing, I would rather play a SW or CW. It's about enjoying the character you play, not the numbers or stats or if it's viable.

@ralexinor since your so opinionated and knowledgeable, you should create an all inclusive guild like thefabricant. From the outside it looks like your pushing your own agenda, particularly anything and everything to do with longshot and archery. Don't push "metas", pass knowledge that can better HRs as a whole.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    still trapper
    @macjae go back to the SW section. I never said I didnt care, read it again.
  • Options
    The only HRs pushing their own agendas are those looking to preserve their special snowflake Trapper tree. It is so blatantly obvious reading the river of tears from Trappers on the preview forum. "If you touch Swiftness I swear I'll quit playing this game wah wah wah!" And those ones did absolutely nothing to help the HR class as a whole.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    still trapper
    @lirithiel you're going to have that with change, most people just wanted to keep the play style. The same thing happened when mod 6 dropped, with the tradebar store fiasco, and I'm sure it happened when archery and combat weren't "viable". The problem is they made the change on a Friday to SotF and didn't come up with compensation till the next Monday.
  • Options
    dmcewen said:

@lirithiel you're going to have that with change, most people just wanted to keep the play style. The same thing happened when mod 6 dropped, with the tradebar store fiasco, and I'm sure it happened when archery and combat weren't "viable". The problem is they made the change on a Friday to SotF and didn't come up with compensation till the next Monday.

archery was made non viable by wanna be legolases.
    the old archery with prime critical was 10 times better and funnier to play than trapper.
  • Options
    dmcewen said:

How was that a problem? It wasn't on test server anyway for a while so any whining was just that - whining because the SotF change couldn't be tested to give any actual feedback on the change other than saying it was bad and would kill the Trapper tree.

And I'm darn sure most if not all HRs playing the hybrid spec in Mod 2 wanted to keep that playstyle but Cryptic decided to throw a spanner in the works by killing that off completely. Psycho-gardener doesn't even come close to how the old hybrid spec played, which IMO was tonnes more fun than what Trapper currently gives us, which is all about tonnes of free damage from Thorned Roots with minimal effort.
    Our pain is self chosen.

This discussion has been closed.