test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Trapper Playstyle Preservation

wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
edited July 2016 in The Wilds
So with the recent changes to HR coming shortly, some of our beloved rotations and play styles will be no more. They have made a new addition to the Swiftness of the Fox update... which to be fair does sound meh, BUT faaaaar better than what was originally proposed :)

Anyhoo I did a couple of clips last night with rotations that I believe are going to be much more difficult to maintain. If you fellow HR's fancy posting a few clips (before the changes hit) here with your rotations etc... what we can do after the big changes is a similar video, so like a before and after type thing. Plus maybe a good place to be nostalgic and show what a HR used to be capable of ha ha :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/20037552 - Whoever said HR cannot perform lol, 222mil.
(Fox's, Constricting, Cordon)
This is not my usual rotation, this is just pure DPS mode and probably the only thing that does need nerfing. One of the reasons I don't like using PG normally is waaaaay OP.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/20037581 - Solo Tal'Gath, this is me pretty much normally.
(Longstrider, Constricting, Hindering)
This is why I have been pretty gutted about the SotF changes upcoming... This is how I like to play, in out all over the place lots of Encounters lots of dodging. This is what I fear is no longer going to be possible so I will adapt if needs be :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/20037638 - Orcus/CN no DC/GF/Pally. This is where I get to be a mini-tank alongside my Groups Companions. (video a few days older than the other 2 above)
(Fox's, Binding, Hindering)
Another rotation I fear will be hard to maintain after the cool down changes. Not sure how I will be able to do this one against Orcus with any type of cool down.
Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
Alts :
Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
Post edited by wdj40 on

Comments

• Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    Nice videos.

This doesn't really show what HR is capable of, though. Some friendly tips:

- you should learn to maintain your MT buff uptime more.
    - you should learn how to keep CA on the boss and crit it consistently. It's a sizable chunk of your damage, especially in parties and larger groups. Also helps keep Serpent stacks up for Thorned Roots damage, since most of your rotations don't use Cordon.
    - binding is very inferior to constricting, don't know why you'd ever use it. The defense increase is negligible at best and the heal isn't worth anything at all, and it also doesn't stack.
    - you're better off using longstrider + constricting/hindering + cordon than that first rotation, unless you have issues with dodging.
    - getting high dps in pugs doesn't really show that "hr can perform" (although HRs can and will top DPS charts a lot of the time if played properly, against similar skill/gear levels)

Just a few tips to help you out.
  • Options
    ralexinor said:

Nice videos.

- you should learn how to keep CA on the boss and crit it consistently. It's a sizable chunk of your damage, especially in parties and larger groups. Also helps keep Serpent stacks up for Thorned Roots damage, since most of your rotations don't use Cordon.
    - binding is very inferior to constricting, don't know why you'd ever use it. The defense increase is negligible at best and the heal isn't worth anything at all, and it also doesn't stack.
    - you're better off using longstrider + constricting/hindering + cordon than that first rotation, unless you have issues with dodging.
    - getting high dps in pugs doesn't really show that "hr can perform" (although HRs can and will top DPS charts a lot of the time if played properly, against similar skill/gear levels)

I don't get your comment about how it does not show what a HR can do... that there is 3 different rotations in 3 different circumstances and I`m not even BiS. Also what is MT? lol I`m having a brain HAMSTER and cannot think.

Thank you for advice though, but I did not actually need it. This thread is not about me or how I can make things better/worse etc. I did say that 1st rotation is not the one I normally use as its too over powered even when you don't use everything to its fullest.

This thread is purely for rotations that will possibly become extinct after the update to the HR. A kind of before and after thread. I have my reasons for a lot of the things I do, I`m not going to argue with someone again about how Oak Skin can actually be extremely good in the right hands and circumstances... Or how Binding can his harder against a single target, or about stacks of AotS etc.

If you could kindly edit your post and post some clips of yourself instead that would be great and what I actually asked for :)

Then when the update hits I would like you to post new clips, of the same rotations and we will see what this horrible nerf to Swiftness is actually going to do.

I do appreciate you trying to help but as I mentioned I`d prefer to discuss the mechanics and numbers in a different thread if you like. I never sat down to make and post the above videos to be perfect, they just happened on the spot and I used them as reference :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    chill WD Sandstorm is arguably the best HR ever in game and will truthfully say if I was not for Sandy and Thedemon I would not be where I am today MT is capstone
    Ara
  • Options
    jhpnw said:

chill WD Sandstorm is arguably the best HR ever in game and will truthfully say if I was not for Sandy and Thedemon I would not be where I am today MT is capstone
    Ara

Chill? I`m not angry and I hope I did not come across like that?
    I just meant to say to keep the thread on topic... but I apologise if I came across wrong @ralexinor :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options

I wonder what rotations are going to be the business now. Would be nice to see how the fellas roll with trapper and archer now. Forget about combat. LoL

I think I can predict what is going to happen... I can see Archery and/or Combat being ever so slightly better than before, then Trapper is going to be about 5 times worse off than before (possibly more). Then people are going to be crying out for big old buffs etc, to all 3 Tree's, which will not happen for at least a few more Mod's.

The Trapper will have cool downs for all sorts of rotations causing a lot of us to just stop playing it. Right now on the X1 a rotation with Fox'S>Constricting>Cordon has a couple of seconds cool down, fairly often, with 3k Recovery. That specific rotation only works really well with people in a group rather than solo with a Companion. So that rotation will have even more cool downs when running without a group.

Rotations with buffs are going to be nerfed even harder. Not only will the cool downs feel longer (due to buffs being so fast to fire), the actual buff Power will not consume a stack of AotS. This is a horrible change, this is going to force us to use even more weak At-Will's to build stacks up. Imagine a rotation with Fox's>Boar Hide>Hindering... Hindering would be the only Encounter to use a stack of AotS, meaning you would have to fire 3 At-Will's/Dailies to build your stacks of Melee AotS up etc.

Anyhoo I am rambling again and just guessing, I wont know what effect the changes will really have on me. I can listen to others feedback but I would rather test myself... If I listened to others feedback I would never have made a Main character Hunter Ranger :)

Also quite a fair bit of people's advice these days on the Hunter Ranger is fairly old, they could do with picking up the game again (possibly on X1 instead of PC) and then giving feedback after a couple of months :)

I don't think the PC guys and Console guys are on the same page at all with the changes.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    ralexinor said:

Nice videos.

Oh sod it I`ll bite...

What makes you think my Careful Attacks are not Critting? They are also pretty much always up on a boss unless I am being a little more tactical for a few seconds. Sometimes I do not want a Careful Attack proccing depending on how the fight is going. Also Careful Attack proccing AotS stacks make things like Hindering strike better but Plant Growth worse. Hindering Strike (Melee) applies Thorned Roots from the Main Weapon and adds damage to it depending on how many stacks of Ranged AotS are up. Therefore an attack like Hindering Strike can be used 1st or 3rd/4th in a rotation, for maximum damage, depending on the circumstances.

Binding is actually a harder hitter than Constricting against a single target. The only time I equip this these days though is against Orcus... as you can see from clip 3 it is actually very effective. The defence increase of 12% (supposed to be 10%) is nothing to be sniffed at these days. Yes it is totally useless in PvP but in PvE it is noticeable... especially if you already have high Defence and Deflect. My Guild does not have the HP boon yet so my Damage resist can be up near 50% in battle with Binding Equipping. The heal from Oak Skin can be buffed by various things... I can get mine to tick around 2.5k, then it gets buffed by various things and also seems to proc other healing. Multi ticks I can see on my Allies add up to 2-3k which ends up working out at a lot of healing. I once came out of CN with 10mil healing (including Life Steal) when I used Oak Skin the whole way through... not bad :)

I would like to know what you mean about keeping my Master Trapper up time more though. As far as I can tell it procs consistently when I fight and it is kind of self maintaining. If you could offer advice on this one I would appreciate it.

That 1st rotation just does not need Longstrider... you do not have to move away from the enemy most of the time. You can in fact circle though powers and just go Constricting>Fox's Cunning>PG if you want over and over... it causes huge amounts of damage and is already massively over powered without Longstrider. Also in that specific PUG if I had not equipped Fox's Cunning my Group mates would never have survived half of the dungeon let alone the boss. The issue is not with me and dodging, as you can see from the 2nd clip :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    macjae said:

wdj40 said:

they could do with picking up the game again (possibly on X1 instead of PC) and then giving feedback after a couple of months :)

I don't see why anyone would want to downgrade their gaming platform. And feedback should obviously be based on actually testing the changes that are being made. Feedback is also especially valuable when it comes from a position of deep knowledge about a class, which it is obvious that a lot of people posting in the feedback threads don't possess.
    wdj40 said:

I don't think the PC guys and Console guys are on the same page at all with the changes.

I see it more as a conflict between those that understand that there's room for much more diversity in what HRs could be, and those that are stuck in a singular and selfish vision of what the class should be. Presumably because they've never experienced any other HR meta.
    The X1 is a whole different ball game than the PC. We have to have everything on a single control pad etc. PC guys need to take into account that the Consoles are probably a faster style of play for the Trapper.

These changes that are being suggested by some of the guys who play PC only will have a huge horrible impact on the consoles I fear. Not to mention the lag is 100 times worse on the X1 than the PC... which leads to button mashing trying to get powers to work.

There is a lot the PC guys have no idea about when it comes to the console version if they have never played it. I am the same, I have never played the PC version but when I watch videos I would love my game to flow like that. But I would not suggest anything that could destroy a PC play style.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    wdj40 said:

What makes you think my Careful Attacks are not Critting? They are also pretty much always up on a boss unless I am being a little more tactical for a few seconds. Sometimes I do not want a Careful Attack proccing depending on how the fight is going. Also Careful Attack proccing AotS stacks make things like Hindering strike better but Plant Growth worse. Hindering Strike (Melee) applies Thorned Roots from the Main Weapon and adds damage to it depending on how many stacks of Ranged AotS are up. Therefore an attack like Hindering Strike can be used 1st or 3rd/4th in a rotation, for maximum damage, depending on the circumstances.

In your second video, you had CA off for more than just a few seconds, and you didn't crit it once or twice. Your rotation didn't have Cordon in it that run, so there was no reason not to have Careful Attack on. Additionally, CA by itself is actually a fair chunk of damage.
    wdj40 said:

Binding is actually a harder hitter than Constricting against a single target. The only time I equip this these days though is against Orcus... as you can see from clip 3 it is actually very effective. The defence increase of 12% (supposed to be 10%) is nothing to be sniffed at these days. Yes it is totally useless in PvP but in PvE it is noticeable... especially if you already have high Defence and Deflect. My Guild does not have the HP boon yet so my Damage resist can be up near 50% in battle with Binding Equipping. The heal from Oak Skin can be buffed by various things... I can get mine to tick around 2.5k, then it gets buffed by various things and also seems to proc other healing. Multi ticks I can see on my Allies add up to 2-3k which ends up working out at a lot of healing. I once came out of CN with 10mil healing (including Life Steal) when I used Oak Skin the whole way through... not bad :)

Binding Arrow/Constricting Arrow don't do much overall damage in a run, the majority of your damage without Cordon is Thorned Roots and Careful Attack (in single target fights). Anyone can come out of a dungeon run with 10mil healing if their team is bad enough, and fights last long enough.
    wdj40 said:

I would like to know what you mean about keeping my Master Trapper up time more though. As far as I can tell it procs consistently when I fight and it is kind of self maintaining. If you could offer advice on this one I would appreciate it.

I'm not bothered enough to find the exact times in your videos, but you had instances where you'd proc Biting Snares in one stance and then proceed to use the rest of that same stance's encounters (and Thorned Roots, by proxy), and you wouldn't stance swap until you wanted to use the other stance. This means you were losing damage, for one. In case you want to make the argument that it's wasting time, it hardly takes a fraction of a second to double stance swap, and additionally, you can stance swap in the middle of casting to save time if you're able to multitask like that.
    wdj40 said:

That 1st rotation just does not need Longstrider... you do not have to move away from the enemy most of the time. You can in fact circle though powers and just go Constricting>Fox's Cunning>PG if you want over and over... it causes huge amounts of damage and is already massively over powered without Longstrider. Also in that specific PUG if I had not equipped Fox's Cunning my Group mates would never have survived half of the dungeon let alone the boss. The issue is not with me and dodging, as you can see from the 2nd clip :)

The boss you were fighting in the second clip is not particularly difficult, especially when you're using Slasher's Mark. I'm not saying that you *need* longstrider specifically, but that it's far more effective generally for damage as it buffs your party damage and your own damage, and makes your hardest hitting powers (Thorned Roots, Cordon, Plant Growth) hit even harder.
    wdj40 said:

The Trapper will have cool downs for all sorts of rotations causing a lot of us to just stop playing it. Right now on the X1 a rotation with Fox'S>Constricting>Cordon has a couple of seconds cool down, fairly often, with 3k Recovery. That specific rotation only works really well with people in a group rather than solo with a Companion. So that rotation will have even more cool downs when running without a group.

Actually, with the Swiftness change, this rotation will become far strong solo.
    wdj40 said:

Also quite a fair bit of people's advice these days on the Hunter Ranger is fairly old, they could do with picking up the game again (possibly on X1 instead of PC) and then giving feedback after a couple of months :)

As a general note, playing the game on PC is better for both learning and testing processes than playing on Xbox, because you have tools that give you a clearer picture of where your damage is coming from, so it allows you to understand what's going on better instead of having to guess and possibly be wrong.

It's not so much being "on the same page with all the changes" than having perspective. A lot of the PC players experienced and enjoyed different HR metas, and also had experience with adapting to the circumstances, trying out new things and playstyles than being stuck on one because of said changing metas. It's actually somewhat interesting, because when HR was first created, it was actually intended and designed as a hybrid range-melee class. Archery was a crit-based damage path, Combat was a more defensive/tank path, Nature (now renamed to Trapper) was a support/buff path. There were very little stance-specific feats, and most of the stronger feats affected both stances. To give you an idea, here are some of the more notable Archery feats (paraphrasing):

- Black Arrow: +10% critical severity for ranged attacks.
    - Bloodthirsty: Ranged Encounter Powers makes the next melee Encounter Power deal 15% more damage.
    - Correcting Aim: Each non-critical hit boosts your critical chance by 5% until you crit.
    - Prime Critical: When you crit, Encounter cool downs are reduced by 0.5 seconds.
    - Master of Archery (capstone): When you critically strike with a ranged attack, your next Encounter Power will crit.

I think the capstone was actually nerfed at some point (before the rework), because it was extremely strong, but the class had amazing synergy overall. There was a rework in module 4 that changed HR to what it currently is; Archery being the ranged damage path, Combat being the defensive melee path and Trapper being a controller hybrid path. I'd probably also categorise Trapper as being a semi-buff path, since you have high uptimes on buffs such as Longstrider that other paths don't have the luxury of.

This is just an idea of other HR playstyles that don't revolve around the current mechanics in play, that are just as fun and more versatile.
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Perspective isn't the problem, it's that most want to buff archery and combat at the expense of trapper. Everyone wants to boost pvp damage at the expense of pve damage. The writing is on the wall and the agendas are obvious. You even have GWF's and SW's proposing changes in the preview forum, not sure if some of those people play an HR.

Of course we can't test on Xbox, the devs were too lazy to put it over here or didn't see the need. So since we can't test to the same extent our opinion doesn't matter? Any HR with half a brain can see the effect of what some of you guys propose.

If everyone is worried about perma daze again, propose a change to crushing roots. None stop stuns are no better than SE, GF's rotations, and etc.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    dmcewen said:

Perspective isn't the problem, it's that most want to buff archery and combat at the expense of trapper. Everyone wants to boost pvp damage at the expense of pve damage. The writing is on the wall and the agendas are obvious. You even have GWF's and SW's proposing changes in the preview forum, not sure if some of those people play an HR.

Of course we can't test on Xbox, the devs were too lazy to put it over here or didn't see the need. So since we can't test to the same extent our opinion doesn't matter? Any HR with half a brain can see the effect of what some of you guys propose.

If everyone is worried about perma daze again, propose a change to crushing roots. None stop stuns are no better than SE, GF's rotations, and etc.

Could not have said it better myself.

I really respect @ralexinor and many of the other players. Her advice (before I started posting in the PC forums) was invaluable to me and my knowledge. Without her and a couple of others I would still be scratching my head in confusion about a few things.

But I feel and see a lot of the proposals/changes suggested by the PC players are just oblivious to the console generation that Neverwinter has spawned. Or the Trapper play style that spawned from releasing the game on the console.

I honestly speak to around 40 Hunter Rangers on the Xbox (obviously a really small sample) and every single one of them could not give a HAMSTER about the damage (as it is already there) but cool downs = awful and not worth playing.

So its up to the Dev's really... keep a couple of PC players happy and ruin a complete class and playstyle THAT WAS NOT OVER POWERED IN ANY WAY... or... well destroy the path, force cool downs on it and then make most of the Hunter Rangers not even bother any more.

Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    ralexinor said:

wdj40 said:

In your second video, you had CA off for more than just a few seconds, and you didn't crit it once or twice. Your rotation didn't have Cordon in it that run, so there was no reason not to have Careful Attack on. Additionally, CA by itself is actually a fair chunk of damage.
    wdj40 said:

Binding Arrow/Constricting Arrow don't do much overall damage in a run, the majority of your damage without Cordon is Thorned Roots and Careful Attack (in single target fights). Anyone can come out of a dungeon run with 10mil healing if their team is bad enough, and fights last long enough.
    wdj40 said:

I'm not bothered enough to find the exact times in your videos, but you had instances where you'd proc Biting Snares in one stance and then proceed to use the rest of that same stance's encounters (and Thorned Roots, by proxy), and you wouldn't stance swap until you wanted to use the other stance. This means you were losing damage, for one. In case you want to make the argument that it's wasting time, it hardly takes a fraction of a second to double stance swap, and additionally, you can stance swap in the middle of casting to save time if you're able to multitask like that.
    wdj40 said:

The boss you were fighting in the second clip is not particularly difficult, especially when you're using Slasher's Mark. I'm not saying that you *need* longstrider specifically, but that it's far more effective generally for damage as it buffs your party damage and your own damage, and makes your hardest hitting powers (Thorned Roots, Cordon, Plant Growth) hit even harder.
    wdj40 said:

Actually, with the Swiftness change, this rotation will become far strong solo.
    wdj40 said:

As a general note, playing the game on PC is better for both learning and testing processes than playing on Xbox, because you have tools that give you a clearer picture of where your damage is coming from, so it allows you to understand what's going on better instead of having to guess and possibly be wrong.

It's not so much being "on the same page with all the changes" than having perspective. A lot of the PC players experienced and enjoyed different HR metas, and also had experience with adapting to the circumstances, trying out new things and playstyles than being stuck on one because of said changing metas. It's actually somewhat interesting, because when HR was first created, it was actually intended and designed as a hybrid range-melee class. Archery was a crit-based damage path, Combat was a more defensive/tank path, Nature (now renamed to Trapper) was a support/buff path. There were very little stance-specific feats, and most of the stronger feats affected both stances. To give you an idea, here are some of the more notable Archery feats (paraphrasing):

- Black Arrow: +10% critical severity for ranged attacks.
    - Bloodthirsty: Ranged Encounter Powers makes the next melee Encounter Power deal 15% more damage.
    - Correcting Aim: Each non-critical hit boosts your critical chance by 5% until you crit.
    - Prime Critical: When you crit, Encounter cool downs are reduced by 0.5 seconds.
    - Master of Archery (capstone): When you critically strike with a ranged attack, your next Encounter Power will crit.

I think the capstone was actually nerfed at some point (before the rework), because it was extremely strong, but the class had amazing synergy overall. There was a rework in module 4 that changed HR to what it currently is; Archery being the ranged damage path, Combat being the defensive melee path and Trapper being a controller hybrid path. I'd probably also categorise Trapper as being a semi-buff path, since you have high uptimes on buffs such as Longstrider that other paths don't have the luxury of.

This is just an idea of other HR playstyles that don't revolve around the current mechanics in play, that are just as fun and more versatile.
    I have to hand it to you, your knowledge is deffo greater than mine... and to be able to pick out specific moments that a Careful Attack Crits is pretty amazing amongst all those numbers :)

It is hard enough to spot a Crit Careful Attack watching the video's... let alone actually being in it and concentrating.... half the time I have to hope CA has crit unless I notice it has not Crit.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @ralexinor so some good news and some bad news!!!

Good news I have learnt to double shift just after Constricting (which gives a couple of things an added boost), nice one :)

Bad news I have now broken the RB button on my pad... pretty much the vital life blood of the Hunter Ranger Trapper.... arrrrrh ha ha.

I do have a 2nd pad though phew... the left stick is broken on that one though so I cannot do objectives without going into the Chat box whilst my character is doing the objective... lol. So I have 1 pad with a left stick broken and another pad with RB broken.... nightmare lol. Will have to save up and ask the Mrs nicely now if I can get a new one :(

p.s. she is not a gamer.... eeek
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

Good news I have learnt to double shift just after Constricting (which gives a couple of things an added boost), nice one :)

Bad news I have now broken the RB button on my pad... pretty much the vital life blood of the Hunter Ranger Trapper.... arrrrrh ha ha.

I do have a 2nd pad though phew... the left stick is broken on that one though so I cannot do objectives without going into the Chat box whilst my character is doing the objective... lol. So I have 1 pad with a left stick broken and another pad with RB broken.... nightmare lol. Will have to save up and ask the Mrs nicely now if I can get a new one :(

i have to give props as well, because i am also now benefiting from master trapper properly.

and the quality of the XB1 controllers is horrible. i bought a new one during the holidays since they were on sale, and the left stick is already acting silly, making me walk around when i don't want to. right now it's a minor nuisance when i am trying to pick a fey flower or something and my toon starts to walk off, lol. i'm sure it will get worse over time.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    soonergm said:

wdj40 said:

i have to give props as well, because i am also now benefiting from master trapper properly.

and the quality of the XB1 controllers is horrible. i bought a new one during the holidays since they were on sale, and the left stick is already acting silly, making me walk around when i don't want to. right now it's a minor nuisance when i am trying to pick a fey flower or something and my toon starts to walk off, lol. i'm sure it will get worse over time.
    The left stick issue is an absolute nightmare which I am still suffering with... it actually gets worse and does not register half of the time ha ha.

Anyhoo protip I discovered myself to combat this in Neverwinter. When you press "A" or whatever on the objective and the little objective bar comes up... Press LB and Down to go into the chat box and just wait the time bar out. That way the left stick cannot interfere with the objective until it is complete.

If it is a normal objective you can just quit out of the chat after it is complete. If it is a Skill Node you wait until the objective bar is full (whilst waiting in the chat box), if you succeed you can just collect the items and you are automatically back in the game... if the Skill Node fails you have to manually quit the chat box and try again.

This really helps with objectives and a dodgy left stick.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Truthfully if they fix a few bugs SW TRapper will be fun and play very smooth Xbox should be fine
  • Options
    armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I play on Xbox so I cannot add any suggestions that are supported by facts but I will add my observations

1) Why is this thread 45 pages when SW GF are 1/4 the size ?
    2) How many respec tokens do I need when these changes go live over/under 20
    3) Class Balance means what? PVE PVP or the paths with the class ?

I am losing hope that the flexibility I have with my Pathfinder HR in PVE now will be lost after these changes.

SW I guess it is and maybe make him Fugly ( Dragonborn )
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Just wait before you do anything its not over till goes live. Not every change has been updated on preview yet.

Rayrdan will be Testing and Ralexinor is a testing machine and non better they will have a lot of guidance. As well as I will be on preview about 6hrs on Sunday. There are still things that have not made to preview as of yet so to early to tell what's going to be Top. As it stand Trapper is running well. Mixed tree builds are not working that well. Archery is coming along ok and Combat per Ghouls66 is getting better but needs some tweaks . the reason so many pages is Devs put out a lot things changes that did not go live and every one was left to QQ and Speculate if the sky was falling or not. HR were the meta in PVP at ist and a lot of players missed that and some of the other classes feared it and fanned the nerf fires. I think Amenar has our back and we will land ok but not as strong as we wished but we are better than we were even now
  • Options
    I do not think the sky is falling but if you read the 45 page thread I truly wonder if the main objectives of "Class Balance" will be met ( read @Amenar first post )

Sorry I do not like relying on 'others' for guidance I rather have the chance to figure it out myself (that is the reason I play games)
  • Options
    jhpnw said:

Just wait before you do anything its not over till goes live. Not every change has been updated on preview yet.

Rayrdan will be Testing and Ralexinor is a testing machine and non better they will have a lot of guidance. As well as I will be on preview about 6hrs on Sunday. There are still things that have not made to preview as of yet so to early to tell what's going to be Top. As it stand Trapper is running well. Mixed tree builds are not working that well. Archery is coming along ok and Combat per Ghouls66 is getting better but needs some tweaks . the reason so many pages is Devs put out a lot things changes that did not go live and every one was left to QQ and Speculate if the sky was falling or not. HR were the meta in PVP at ist and a lot of players missed that and some of the other classes feared it and fanned the nerf fires. I think Amenar has our back and we will land ok but not as strong as we wished but we are better than we were even now

The massively annoying thing is though, those 2 may be good decent people who love to test etc. But from my observations they are heavily biased.... Ralexinor is hugely biased towards Archery and you can see that a mile away... Rayrdan is more focused towards PvP.

Both of these players, whilst have some good information, do not have the Xbox players best interests at heart at all or PvE. Rayrdan mind you seems to have noted and taken on board us players... Ralexinor though is a nightmare to get through to ;)

They also have no experience what so ever away from the PC version of the game which is very different from the Consoles.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    me sad panda ☹️
    let me explain tho: im more oriented giving advice with pvp in mind because i see players like mobs with steroids and brain.
    if something works in pvp its going to work great in pve.
    viceversa does not hold true.
    If something is op in pvp, its probably op in pve too...but mobs cant write thread on the forums to complain about it
    I see no difference between pc and xbox...if not the fact that i play with a keyboard and you play with a joystick...something many do on pc regardless
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    and rest relaxed... trapper playstyle is still there thanks to dailies recharging all powers.

going to test if they fixed thorned roots and check combat...i heard is on rampage.
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

me sad panda ☹️

let me explain tho: im more oriented giving advice with pvp in mind because i see players like mobs with steroids and brain.

if something works in pvp its going to work great in pve.

viceversa does not hold true.

If something is op in pvp, its probably op in pve too...but mobs cant write thread on the forums to complain about it

I see no difference between pc and xbox...if not the fact that i play with a keyboard and you play with a joystick...something many do on pc regardless

Oh I totally understand dude and I in no way meant any malice towards you or relexinor at all :)

I could say the same for myself too, I am heavily biased towards the Console version of the game and I am happy to admit it, although I do try to think of bettering the game as a whole... Also I`m pretty biased towards PvE but if HR was more competitive in PvP I would have more to say there. But you guys are waaaaay more versed than me when it comes to PvP so I try to stay out of that side of the conversations if I can :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

and rest relaxed... trapper playstyle is still there thanks to dailies recharging all powers.

going to test if they fixed thorned roots and check combat...i heard is on rampage.

Oh I really hope so... Honestly if you asked any Trapper on the X1 I doubt you would find a single one that said it was under powered in any way. All we ask is the ability to be able to be able to continually chain attacks with no breaks using various combo's.

They should have just nerfed the over powered Plant Growth (the only thing wrong and over powered on a Trapper) and then buffed the other Encounters to be more effective, with a few fixes thrown in. Then buffed the Archery and Combat paths themselves. Oh and fixed the bugs causing hits of hundreds of millions.

Everyone would have been happy for now and could have had time to test etc. Instead of 50 pages of madness, with a few very good ideas here and there in the thread. Then we could have seen where all 3 classes stood against each other.

Any way that is all in the past now, the changes to Swiftness of the Fox actually look interesting now we managed to get Dailies and At-Wills to effect it. The fallout from that not being added probably would have been a bit horrible :)

Pathfinder will be non-existent for the foreseeable future too.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    been on preview All I can save is Amenar did a great job! Root bug fixed now our dps is up and trapper play style is preserved. Now the hard decision I have to make is if I wish to do pvp or PVE the most, Combat will be meta for pvp with out a doubt but as trapper I am just not @ bis in PVP
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    What rotations did you try @jhpnw?
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    mrraccoon#5708 mrraccoon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So I'm relatively new to Neverwinter. A month in or so I suppose and I'm not exactly sure what these changes are going to mean for me.

I currently run KatoZee's Hunter Rooter (won't let me post a link as this forum account is new) with great success even at 63 and very rarely having to fire off at-wills at the moment. So I guess my question is... how badly am I going to be hurting from these changes? I just got used to feeling like a moderate <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I could see the change to Fox Shift/Cunning being problematic (cunning is SOOO good).
  • Options
    dmcewen said:

What rotations did you try @jhpnw?

in pvp fight for trapper I used several rotaions const fox thorned ward disrupt and fg vs GF TR and for HR if no eb then hindering constrict fox or marauders SW and CW marauders const fox rapid shot all the time and Ca some times red dot on opponent freaks them out so the panic and make mistakes

for combat split shots melee thorn ward fox slahers forest ghost ca
  • Options
    We really need 3+ respec tokens on Xbox to figure out what next

We are at a huge disadvantage with no test shard

1) Going to cost AD buying Respec tokens to test
    2) Cannot add any hard evidence re testing to the shaping of the Class Balnce

I for one an do not like sitting around for PC Mod 10 build much rather figure it out for myself