test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

bound greater bags

genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
Recently sent in a ticket and the person gave me a link to this and told me to write my problem here.

i just upgraded my bags to the runic ones and 3 of the 5 greater bags of holding where character bound; and they cannot be sold or discarded so i sent in a ticket in hopes that a gm could removes these 3 greater bags of holding or remove the character bound on it so i can sell them just like the other 2 bags i sold on the ah. well just as i expected the gm couldn't remove the bags i don't really care if i can sell them but really wanted them removed as they are wasting inventory spaces. i would have been happy is i could mail them to my alts as well. but oh well right cant do anything about it. wish when you equipped a bag it was bound to account instead of character or just wasn't bind on anything and can sell the bag when you don't want it anymore. well the gm gave me a link and said put down the problem here but not sure how much it will help.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    No, it won't help.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    no i just tried that and it doesn't work sadly
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    It's BtC, you can't mail BtC items...
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    tell them, it is evil, the horror, horror of it all,

we cant discard either, or sell off the outdated and outgrown bags when we no longer need them.

okay, fine, we stop buying pizza for devs. Hey, you not getting that slice! (smacked with large wooden spoon on poor hands of devs), oh no no, you cant have it yet, take those bags out to the dumpster, and dont forget, wash your hands!
  • Options
    at this point i don't really care that much (i really do care =D a lot) if i don't even get profit from the bags i managed to sell the 2 bags i had equipped but 3 of them where bound so i cant sell them that's only 250k per bag which is a lot of lost ad if they were to just delete bags from my inventory.

what i would like is to sell the bags just as i sold the others i equipped all these bags at the same time during mod 2 cause during beta i couldn't afford such bags but during mods 2 a friend gave me 5 bags. now not even sure what mod we are in and i am unsure how but 2 of the bags were not bound when i took then off. was their some sort of update that made bags unbound?
  • Options
    those were pre-patch bags, it had no "bound" flagged while in inventory, once taken off, they became boundables by equip.
  • Options
    wylonus said:

those were pre-patch bags, it had no "bound" flagged while in inventory, once taken off, they became boundables by equip.

if my bags were pre-patched then why is 3 of the 5 bound when i have had all 5 equipped at same time during mod 2?
  • Options
    those are pre-patch bags, rest other players, i am sure others can confirm or corrected if i am wrong.
  • Options
    ok
  • Options
    tephlon21tephlon21 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Can we get a fix for this? I've looked into all forum categories both pc and Xbox and haven't seen a dev/moderator response.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    cause they don't care that much about petty inventory problems. when they are dealing with class balance nerfs and buffs and dealing with finishing the next mod and dealing with all the people that sent in their reviews of how the class balance is going. so basically the dev's don't have time to waste on something petty and small. maybe if we figure out a way to contact the dev's we could ask them about this. i actually have a poll going for this forum post.

forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1218924/which-could-be-better-to-have-the-devs-make-for-us#latest
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The bag was not bound back then. They intentionally made it BoE in one of the mods and of course, there were uproar at that time. Many people rage quit (at least, that was what they screamed). The worst part back then was when you bought it new, it auto-equip (if there is available bag slot).

Since they did that intentionally, I doubt they will "fix" it.
    The "best" they may do would be allowing you to discard it.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    sithgear#3066 sithgear Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    This is such a stupid waste of inventory space. What is the reasoning for not allowing us to discard or sell it? Add in a double 'are you sure you wish to discard' safety net for the drunks, fast clickers, etc. Make it worth only 1 copper and allow us to sell them. So many better options than just eating up an inventory slot.
  • Options
    kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Agreed. These old Greater Bags need to be unbound and able to be posted for sale. I have 3 of them as well that I can't even move to another character. It would seem the hunger for your $$ is greater than Logic or Providing players with working storage space.
    - behold, halflings.