test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

which could be better to have the devs make for us.

genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
edited July 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
i recently upgraded my backs and dont know what to do so killing some time making this poll maybe it will be useful maybe not.
i have 3 greater backs of holding that are wasting inventory slots i want to use.

which could be better to have the devs make for us. 20 votes

a vendor that can destroy our items (bount to character, cannot be sold, cannot be discarded items)
85%
kingdomkey2kvetkreatyvemagenubbiedll32exejoe123thewaywardlandoras1975demonmongerartanisenbrun2000genjundeaddesistisomeonediesrafaeldadeldrachtheovercharged94overrated4 17 votes
some sort of easy way to remove items that we dont want and cannot be discarded or sold, by using request gm help
15%
santralafaxtvcityvirsalus#4183 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    a vendor that can destroy our items (bount to character, cannot be sold, cannot be discarded items)
    reason why i voted for a vendor is that it wouldn't be too hard to create one, we can go to him any time, and the we don't have to request gm help as i don't want to bother gm's with my problems all the time
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    awwww breyers has struck again.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    lol yeah that would be nice though to give alts your old bound account bag you don't use cause you upgraded them. i would prefer bags not be bound at all so you can sell them to other players when you upgrade to better bags.
    Post edited by genjundead on
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Totally agree - bags shouldn't be bound, and if at all bound to account. And perhaps another bag slot should be introduced.
  • Options
    i should have made a third option- get rid of bound status on items that cannot be discarded or sold (like the bags of holding)
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Option #1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I don't know how easy either option would be, but the first option would probably be best, and easiest for people to not accidentally destroy their items.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    My real vote is for Option 3: Make all bags Account Bound.

They used to be unbound (always, even after use), but were made Character bound around the same time they introduced the Runic bag. I'm sure they had an "official" reason why they made them bound (probably something to do with bots) but really, it was simply a money grab. Make all the already-purchased bags completely obsolete and completely and utterly useless for anyone purchasing an upgrade to an existing bag so they're forced to purchase upgrades for all their toons rather than making life a bit easier for those of us with alts (who wouldn't otherwise have ever benefited from a bag upgrade because the alts are generally mules or farmers that *maybe* get to stretch their legs and run a couple CTs for the AD award every once in a while or run group SH HEs for the Influence, but are not actively played otherwise)

To me... it simply took the purchase of Runic bags off the table completely. This was when I still paid real money for things in Neverwinter sometimes, and thought very hard about upgrading to Runic bags. However - I have all slots but the first two filled with Greaters, and those were not inexpensive. Simply trashing them doesn't feel right, so instead of upgrading I decided that inventory management was a skill I would choose to improve rather than paying money. The bags were one, of many, reasons, I've decided to enter the free-loader ranks. Until the business folks at Cryptic realize that blatant money grabs (like character bound bags, the Gond event, etc...) actually DISCOURAGE spending overall, I will not consider paying any money to reward them for their horrible business practices.

Besides - even with their clear greed and abysmally poor business sense causing changes such as bags binding to character - nothing in Neverwinter that actually costs money is even REMOTELY necessary to your success in the game in any way. VIP and bank slots, frankly, are the only things I would suggest anyone put their Zen toward, and then only with a sale or coupon (or both) and then, never by actually paying for Zen.....

• Options
    edited August 2016
    i have taken business classes in high school and college and can tell you that you are right about cryptic making bad business choices for cash grabbing, but the making and improving the game is going fair. though its fine cause the game is only a few years old. nothings wrong with crash grabs but they seem to do it wrong; but i still love and enjoy playing this game, so i will continue to ply it and super very rarely put money into it.

best option is indeed remove bound status so we can sell the bags.
    thought of a fourth option for any who reads the comments give me your idea on it.

option 4---when making a vendor that destroys your bags instead of destroy it trades your bag for ad or zen equal to the cost in zen store or half the cost in zen store... or when you trade your bag to the vendor you get astral diamonds half of the cost to the zen cost of the zen stores bag x500

example-lets say you trade a bag worth 1000 zen in zen store
    A) gain 1,000 zen
    B ) gain 500 zen
    C) gain 500,000 ad (500 ad x 1000 zen) (zen ad exchange)
    D) gain 250,000 ad (500 ad x 500 zen) (zen ad exchange)

these are just examples
    p.s. sorry if it seems like i am flame baiting @kreatyve. not trying to but make a simple comment from @kvet.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Remove the "cannot sell/cannot discard" flag entirely, and add such items to the Reclaim vendor. Once you have "unlocked" the item, its on the vendor to reclaim any time.

Ultimatley like the posters above, it would be a HUGE benefit if bags were at least BoA. Being BoE is just stupid and a flat out money grab. Once Mythic bags come out, you are going to hear this LOUD AND CLEAR - and we all know they are coming.

I personally will upgrade to Runic bags on toons I use (or whatever the best bag is at the time), but I'm not "upgrading" from that purchase after that unless they offer a way to move them or upgrade the bags themselves (Artifact bags...YAY lol).
  • Options
    @oldbaldyone
    nice so basically have the bags be boe but give us a way to discard them and allow that bag to be account wide with rewards claim agent; purchasing more bags allows for more bags for your alts to use. something like the mounts in zen store. only let the initial bag bought be unbound so we can sell initial bag and let all our alts get a free bag. though i like this idea would be hard to get devs to do this. what do you think? i only came up with this idea cause the way you worded your post though i know thats not what you meant.

make the bag bound to account and purchasing more bags allows for more bound bags to be retrieved by other characters.
    initial bag bought can be sold on ah.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    My scorn for their business practices aside - the simple solution is: Account BoE rather than Character BoE. Should have been that way from the start. ALL existing bags that are already bound should be converted to Account bound, and all unbound bags should be ABoE. Forget all this about a vendor or claims agent or selling/refunds... those aren't bad ideas, but they're all way too complex. There's a couple bags that should be character bound - for example, the Dragon hoard bag from the Dragonborn pack - but other than those obvious exceptions, the rule is simple: account bound, not character bound across the board.

Doing this one, simple, change would be a fine solution to this issue and remove the technical blockers to people "upgrading" their bags. It won't remove the philosophical blockers of people not wanting to reward Cryptic for it's bad business practices, but it will at least remove the QoL challenges, which will encourage some people to consider buying bags that wouldn't otherwise.

Anyone want to take bets on whether they'll actually do this?