test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary mounts from Summer Festival

revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
So, i made this topic because i'm very very frustrated with this event, and this game in general.
Tonight, i've spent almost 8000 zen (4M ad converted) in ticket balls, in order to try get the mount from the legendary pack, but now i think i must have been very, very stupid.
The summer festival is supposed to be a limited event, that gives you the opportunity to get these mounts that usually make you sit on your lockboxes to get...
Anyway, i got roughly 80-90 ticket balls, so i decided to start playing the volley game, at the end, i had about 30 mithral tickets, so i thought, hey, i might actually get something interesting, as 90 ticket balls is pretty much what you can get in 2 years of event without getting any from the zen market.
After exchanging all my mithral tickets, i've checked my inventory, but surprisingly, i saw nothing different, so i thought it might be a glitch or something, then i asked someone, and this person told me that, if nothing appeared, it means you didn't get any item from the pack.
So i got a few mithral tickets changed into silver, just enough to buy a dozain of preservation wards, i mean, seriously? 4M ad spent for 20 preservation sceals??
I'm actually very angry at these ridiculous drop rates.
I've spent over 2000 euros in this game since i'm playing it, and the more i play, the less i'm willing to spend money and even, play...
I've never seen a game so unrewarding, where you don't feel any return on investment, specially for an event that is supposed to bring rare things and stuff that you can't generally get.
So from this day, i'm not gonna pay a single penny, some of them will tell me that you've stopped a while ago, i guess i've been more patient... But no more...

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Yeah the all or nothing nature of the rewards is kind of crazy. Makes lockboxes look like a good deal.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I'm sorry this happen to you, but honestly, I'm not surprised at all. A "chance" at something like this means, basically, one in a million.

There is simply nothing in this game that's worth spending money on. Cryptic needs to:

A) reduce cost on all zen items
    B) increase drop rates of desired items across the board

Why? Because it will make customers happy. Reduced prices will encourage spending, increased drop rates will allow players to feel a sense of gain. Both things will reduce loss of players and increase the spend potential across the board.

But, it won't happen. Cryptic management will, as usual, continue being second-rate, and I'll continue not paying a penny - because thats the price point to which the value I get from this game meets the price I'm paying for it. I would LOVE to, once again, be a paying customer, but it won't happen until Cryptic decides to make Neverwinter worth paying for.
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    Spending more tham 50 dollars in this game is insane if your playing for fun, sry, thats the way it goes, RNG and stuff...
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    PWE/Cryptic are the only winners here.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    firearcher7firearcher7 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    "Oh it's the summer event, participate and get a chance to win a LEGENDARY mount! Come now!"
    This is getting old, these "rare rewards" are basically just a bait that cryptic uses to draw players to the event and get money out of their pockets, getting a legendary mount is pretty much impossible, but people still spend thousands of zen to try to get it, just think about it, hundreds of players are spending thousands of zen, and no one is getting any rewards worth a damn, so Cryptic are the only ones benefetting from the "event". Seriously, this crappy strategy is getting way too old, that's why I don't even bother to participate in these events, because it's either a green mount and other pieces of trash for rewards, or it's an epic/legendary item that you have no chance in hell to even get.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I dont know if you remember portebello's, they didnt even turn on the chance to win the legendary , until after the event week was over, so it limited the chance, I wouldnt be suprised if they did the same thing here, getting people to pay for tickets up front, knowing some will blow through thousands of zen.. then turn it on next week.

I all but knew the chance at getting a legendary mount would be zil anyways.. what saddens me more is the drop rate of copper and silver tickets.

After running some cost analysis last night, you will not make out at all getting silver tickets for pres wards (sadly i could use a new stock of them) , you will waste your time , it will take about 4 times as long as buying 1 stack by grinding for 3-4 days in dungeons vs doing this event.

Copper is even worse, in terms of getting fashion, frankly you will have to grind almost the entire event to get enough copper tickets, forget alts.

Copper tickets should drop at like ten times the rate they do now.

• Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User

I dont know if you remember portebello's, they didnt even turn on the chance to win the legendary , until after the event week was over, so it limited the chance, I wouldnt be suprised if they did the same thing here, getting people to pay for tickets up front, knowing some will blow through thousands of zen.. then turn it on next week.

that was exactly my thought.
    this thing instantly remembered me on portobello
    its like the company was fooling customers on purpose, by turning on the droprate just one week later.
    also the "bugged" tooltip about the beholder coming to zen store. a topic about this got opened, even before the event started, but there was no satement about it, so either strum wasnt doing his job by communicating this "bug", or the company decided to fool their customers.
    an excuse for this came about one month, after the event ended, when there was another topic opened, about the beholdertank in zenstore
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thank you guys, i can see that i'm not the only to think that way, maybe we should boycott these type of events and stop as many players as we can to spend money on it, so maybe they'll realise that something is wrong with it...
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I have to admit, I will be logging in to the Festival only for the Favor of Sune so that I can 'buy' the Water horse for those toons that didn't get it last year. Or the pig/boar. No RNG factor.

I was planning on attempting to earn some pres wards, but after Silverkelt's analysis, I won't waste my time. Thank you Silver K.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited July 2016

so either strum wasnt doing his job by communicating this "bug", or the company decided to fool their customers.

He did communicate the bug in the forums. Trouble with rumors is, people often don't go back to look for additional facts. The rumor just keeps spreading even in the face of contradictory information.

I do agree with the general sentiment that the copper drop rate is way too low as is in all probability the chance to win anything worthwhile from the event.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

i've spent almost 8000 zen

There's your problem right there.

Cryptic has some of the most obscenely overpriced cash transactions in the gaming world.

You were buying lotto tickets from price gougers. Bad idea.

Never buy lotto tickets. Sell any lotto tickets you don't have to pay for and buy what you actually want.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

He did communicate the bug in the forums.

He did ultimately say that the beholder tank would not be in the Zen store and that the collection entry is an unfortunate bug, but not until after it had been bugged for an appallingly long and misleading amount of time.

It is also *still* not fixed.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    zibadawa said:

Cryptic has some of the most obscenely overpriced cash transactions in the gaming world.

Never buy lotto tickets. Sell any lotto tickets you don't have to pay for and buy what you actually want.
    I didn"t buy them, i converted them from ad... There is no way i'm getting my credit card out for limited things like this.
  • Options

I didn"t buy them, i converted them from ad... There is no way i'm getting my credit card out for limited things like this.

You exchanged currency for them. You bought them.
  • Options
    aderonzaderonz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    What bothers me is why would you spend 8k zen on balls while u can have the same reward from training ones ? And for free ...
  • Options

zibadawa said:

I didn"t buy them, i converted them from ad... There is no way i'm getting my credit card for limited things like this.
    zibadawa said:

You exchanged currency for them. You bought them.
    We don't have the same definition of buying, unless you call spending time a sort of way of spending money, as i had the diamonds on me already, this is not a buying transaction.
    I don't call exchanging a currency like euro to Pound sterling "buying", because they bought euros from me as much as i bought Pound from them ;)

• Options

I don't call exchanging a currency like euro to Pound sterling "buying", because they bought euros from me as much as i bought Pound from them ;)

But when you go and buy a sandwich for 2 pounds you sure as hell call it buying. "No, no, in Britain you just rent the sandwich! Buying sandwiches is a European concept!" Don't be an idiot.

You erroneously assume I somehow only want to talk about your own personal cash supply simply because I point out Cryptic's ludicrous prices. Their prices dictate what you have to shell out for them, no matter what currency you use. And shelling out anything for one of their lotto tickets is a dumb idea.

Spending time on it may also be a dumb idea, but we'll discard that. That's really a resource, not a currency.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Yes, the old Cryptic "chance" of a reward. In other words, shaking down the gullible for cash. God forbid they actually tell us what the "chance" is of a reward, or of an ability proccing, or when there's an ICD and how long it is, or what the limit is on daily drops from a utility enchantment...
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    Really, really sorry....
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Anytime they release an item that is normally very very hard to get via other methods, they have very very poor drop rates. I also spent zen, around 4k so far, on the balls without any luck and have also been in several ticket ball parties with guildies and have gotten my daily ones too. So far i've had silver tickets back. This, unfortunately is the usual model for anything in this game regardless of whether you spend real money or not. In terms of drop rates, i can agree that they are very poor in comprison to other games with similar systems in place. Generally, you're better off selling zen directly for ad than attempting your luck with lockboxes or events - especially since the drop rates seem to have been adjusted (no official word that this happened, but its easy to tell from lockbox announcements that since the introduction of vip, the drop rate for them was nerfed to the ground and it wasnt that high to start with).

I wouldnt mind much, for the event, if we could grind those balls or mithril tickets directly from playing saha or similar, but we're limited to the number we can get per character per day without spending ad, and from the current impressions of the drop rate, you'd have to be very very lucky to get anything decent from mithrils before the end of this event without spending a ton of real money.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    edited July 2016
    zibadawa said:

But when you go and buy a sandwich for 2 pounds you sure as hell call it buying. "No, no, in Britain you just rent the sandwich! Buying sandwiches is a European concept!" Don't be an idiot.

You erroneously assume I somehow only want to talk about your own personal cash supply simply because I point out Cryptic's ludicrous prices. Their prices dictate what you have to shell out for them, no matter what currency you use. And shelling out anything for one of their lotto tickets is a dumb idea.

Spending time on it may also be a dumb idea, but we'll discard that. That's really a resource, not a currency.
    Well, you shouldn't discard time (time is money), that's the way i got the ad i've exchanged in the first place. I used the currency i had by spending time in order to exchange that currency for another, you might wanna call it buying, but i don't, it's a trade.
    But i guess you see it with a trader/seller eye, sorry, i just don't seem to get use to a few principles in the capitalo liberalism system we live in ;)
    And please dont call me idiot, we don't know each other enough to make that kind of statement ;)

• Options
    jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Its really sad gambling is the most creative method Cryptic can come up with to make money.

Using the iconic D&D game to sell gambling makes me sad face.

I want a legendary mount on every character I have. I cant even get one on my main. *sigh*