test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, about next module

wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
As most of you know the next module will be guild alliances - which is a nice idea more people to play with thru the content

my issue there is no content, with the upcomming module if things work out alright i will be able to team up with even more nice people to do a instance or a raid, the problem being the only new instance this year being the 15min CN and this being the butchered version or the dragonflight which summs up to 10min running around the map to dps a dragon.... and this is it... nothing new (sure some alts may kill some orcs for a retrain token in the brand all shiny new lvl 60 campaign - 5-15min. to complete all its parts on the test server sans wait times).

So without new content what does the game bring to the table?
Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,377 Arc User
    I could be wrong but I don't think it is considered a new module.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I dont think they used the word "module".I remember reading about an update.Am I wrong?
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    It is an update. Same module. I guess we might get some insight in the next module in a few hours.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    If this is the case, and more exciting content to do with your alliance is coming to town i would be really happy.
    I was under the impression that with the rework of the sub 60lvl campaign it will be a whole module but you are all right its simply called Stronghold - Alliances (no module number)

Stronghold Aliances - Also known as - there is no new content but if you are still sticking to playing and have your guild coffer full - you can now donate to 10 more coffers.

man i wish they put some effort in the foundry system at least - so many ways to get creative there with the right support.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

Modules are every 3 months. This is a module. It will bring many new shineys to grind for.

...everything we are getting in this '"Module" of yours is on preview. There are no new shineys. There is the alliance stuff, the new over campaign (which has no boons and is already completed by most of the player base at lv 70) and some changes and fixes to class skills. This is an update and nothing else
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I'd consider it more of an update than a module. Our next true module is Storm King's Thunder or M10, if you will.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

I'd consider it more of an update than a module. Our next true module is Storm King's Thunder or M10, if you will.

Giants :) Whoot!! Check it out!

arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9992463
    nice nice nice content cheers

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    This alliances will just further elitism in the game and bleed more players.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I haven't read all the details, but I was kind of hoping that our guild of 3 regulars (30ppl who have left) and 2 or 3 irregulars, might be able to team up with some other Rank 2 guilds and maybe do one of the SH dragon flights thingies
  • bluebubbl3sbluebubbl3s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    mynaam said:

define elitism. if its wanting to improve your character and join with other like minded same sized or larger guilds so that your own guildmates can improve thier characters... thats what alliance offiers and its not how i define elitism

the Guilds who have busted thier butts to work at thier stronghold, recruit as many active players as they can and spend as much time as possible making thier guild better for thier players should not be resented for that, or called elitist for it either.

do you think that the biggest most successful guilds in this game just turned up one day and had it all??? yes, you get to a certain size and status and players want to come join you, but along the way there is some serious hard work. how about a little consideration for the time and effort that guild leaders and officers put into their guilds to make them succesfull instead of putting an "elitist" label on it.
    Myth (CW & DC)
    Guild Leader - Valaurakari Ascension

VA is the creator and proud member of The Round Table Alliance

mynaam said:

define elitism. if its wanting to improve your character and join with other like minded same sized or larger guilds so that your own guildmates can improve thier characters... thats what alliance offiers and its not how i define elitism

the Guilds who have busted thier butts to work at thier stronghold, recruit as many active players as they can and spend as much time as possible making thier guild better for thier players should not be resented for that, or called elitist for it either.

do you think that the biggest most successful guilds in this game just turned up one day and had it all??? yes, you get to a certain size and status and players want to come join you, but along the way there is some serious hard work. how about a little consideration for the time and effort that guild leaders and officers put into their guilds to make them succesfull instead of putting an "elitist" label on it.
    So what you are saying is small guilds that needs to work 2X as hard as the big guilds do not belong in the game? Cause it sounds like you are directly proving my point by insinuating that big guilds are better than small guilds and deserve more
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    mynaam said:

Consider the fact all of us who maybe are a bit higher in sh level, grind for it, each and every day.
    We put out pvp and pve events, HE grind days, dragon runs, tiamat runs and work hard on professions in order to supply guild with everything it needs. No one is forcing us to do it, yet we still do the best we can, in order to build something for the guild we love.
    Your guild members always need and want something new. And it is on you, if you are a leader or an officer, to make it happen for them. Be it new members wanting to do dungeons or edemo runs for the twisted.
    Or just plain old " help me do spinward " runs.

So if it means you are going to take all of your alts each day through 5 he influence runs , so be it.
    If you are a hardcore pve player you will still go and do a PVP daily for the shards, since 5 of your members want a pvp boon.
    You will do what is necessary to make it happen. And it is nice to be appreciated for all of that effort you put in.
    It is possible without spending money. Yes you can still grind ad / get zen and buy a stronghold chest if you want to.
    But most of us do it the old-fashioned way, we grind it.

We do not get a favored treatment cos of our virtue. We earned it, in every way possible.
    So i am sorry if that seems elitist to you. To me it does not.
    All of the higher members had to do tons of grinding to get where they are.
    And they still do , to help the new mems now.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Next module is about Giants, so guild alliances is just an update. People I know hate Stronghold PVP anyway, not too keen on the concept of alliances. Small PVP domination should get some updates as well, we shall see if next module changes things?
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    Can someone, just for fun, calculate how much $$$ it is going to cost to ugrade a guild from bottom to top with doing no grind.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    voidgift said:

Can someone, just for fun, calculate how much $$$ it is going to cost to ugrade a guild from bottom to top with doing no grind.

That math doesn't seem very fun, but I'm gonna say it would cost hundreds of $USD, maybe even over a thousand.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • bluebubbl3sbluebubbl3s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    mynaam said:

mynaam said:

So what you are saying is small guilds that needs to work 2X as hard as the big guilds do not belong in the game? Cause it sounds like you are directly proving my point by insinuating that big guilds are better than small guilds and deserve more
    What i am saying is that big guilds have put in the hard yards to get where they are, and its not elitist to want to ally with similar guilds.

you clearly have a chip on your shoulder if somewhere in my comments you read that small guilds should not be in the game. how about you stop playing victim and do something about your "small" guild if you feel you are so hard done by.
    Myth (CW & DC)
    Guild Leader - Valaurakari Ascension

VA is the creator and proud member of The Round Table Alliance
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    mynaam said:

mynaam said:

Where in all that is it insinuated "big guilds are better than small guilds and deserve more" or that small guilds "do not belong in the game"? All anyone is saying is that the more advanced Strongholds have worked hard to get where they are. Should they really be hampered because they have more active players willing to grind it out than smaller guilds? It sounds more like you're saying "we're a smaller guild so we should get more". Don't blame others for not realizing long ago that Strongholds was going to be a struggle for smaller guilds and you didn't do anything about it.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
    edited June 2016
    kreatyve said:

voidgift said:

That math doesn't seem very fun, but I'm gonna say it would cost hundreds of $USD, maybe even over a thousand.
    I think you need to revise your estimate. A closer answer would be thousands, maybe over 100,000. Recall that $100 USD gets you 10k zen, so 3.3 SH packs. a SH pack is worth 400 shards of each type and 20 major vouchers. you could turn all the zen into genies gifts of course but you would have issues finding enough genies gifts

edit- if there was sarcasm intended in there I missed it sorry

Edit #2- fixed the number of major vouchers gained per pack
    Post edited by scathias on
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    +1 @scathias

I would have expected a community moderator to be a bit more in touch with the game unless that $1000 comment was a joke.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    scathias said:

kreatyve said:

voidgift said:

I think you need to revise your estimate. A closer answer would be thousands, maybe over 100,000. Recall that $100 USD gets you 10k zen, so 3.3 SH packs. a SH pack is worth 400 shards of each type and 5 major vouchers. you could turn all the zen into genies gifts of course but you would have issues finding enough genies gifts

edit- if there was sarcasm intended in there I missed it sorry
    I did some calculus for campaign currency starting from 4 to 20 for upgrading SH building alone

I might might calculated something wrong ... you welcome to correct me

One big pack contains (based on Wiki data)

15700 Fey
    18800 Dark
    16200 Frozen
    73900 Tyranny

SH building costs (for main building only) from 4 to 20

1668000 Fey => 88,7 packs
    1171000 Frozen => 72,2 packs
    3666300 Tyranny => 49,9 packs
    1260000 Fey => 80,2 packs

Let say each pack is bought with 15% discount voucher (any item), and bag is sold on AH for 1000 ZEN equivalent which makes cost of entire pack 1975 ZEN (3500 * (1-0.15) - 1000)

For 89 packs with such price it will 175 775 ZEN

Again, i use wiki data: 200 USD per 21300 ZEN (such is not available in my country, but we have currency exchange spread and vat)

That is 26632,6 USD (again, for main building only)

EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

And, that is completely ignoring the influence needed as well. Each pack contains 8000 worth of influence total. You only need influence for every second level of the guild hall but you need 380k or so just at lv 12 so that is 48 packs worth of influence which is another 94k zen, just for enough influence at lv 12 only.

So based on these numbers I am wondering if you could even max a stronghold if you spent 500k USD...

mynaam said:

mynaam said:

What i am saying is that big guilds have put in the hard yards to get where they are, and its not elitist to want to ally with similar guilds.

you clearly have a chip on your shoulder if somewhere in my comments you read that small guilds should not be in the game. how about you stop playing victim and do something about your "small" guild if you feel you are so hard done by.
    Insulting me will not change the fact that you imply that larger guilds with more players work harder than small guilds.

I am not playing the victim I am stating the truth. If a superiority complex is the norm I don't want it.

Mods please feel free to close the topic as it derailed and is meaningles after the mod 10 news anyway. Thank you.

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    mynaam said:

Insulting me will not change the fact that you imply that larger guilds with more players work harder than small guilds.

I am not playing the victim I am stating the truth. If a superiority complex is the norm I don't want it.

Simple questions, can answer that, in so many ways.
    Without any intended insults.

How many events do you do, daily in your small guild?
    How much begging to join the said event / ts or discord / planning events / raids / dragon runs / edemo runs / do you do?
    How many players actually want to join you for farms?
    What about surplus dungeon farms? Do you do it?
    Do you run your new mems through dungeons every day so they can get high enough and donate?
    How many updates of your SH do you do on a weekly basis?
    Do you have a person responsible for recruitment ? And if so, do you just let the new members leech of you and run around like headless chickens or do you point them what to do, do stuff with them until they can contribute?

Superiority complex ? Why would you even mention that? It is not our fault we have more people then you do. And with that more people to contribute. If i have 5 alts and run 460 influence a day. I can donate 2.'300 influence per day.
    We do not kick for inactivity and have people working on motivation through the whole process. If someone has commitments and can not play. Fine, we deal with it and again have enough people to achieve what we want.

I for one had to sacrifice my little guild and when strongholds went up , made sure all of my members know we will not be able to progress unless we sacrifice our little guild. Reality check. We joined the bigger and stronger guild in order to get better and have more. You did not. And now you are here talking about Superiority complex ? Please...
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg