test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fixing the HR without totally recoding the entire class.

2»

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Thanx marnival.

@Other guys, your points are no doubt important, but please don't cloud the issue.

Flat incremental damage increase - doable, beneficial - y/n..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    dfnce said:

I gave evidence of another very good HR which uses Thorn roots and everyone can make their own conclusion. And certainly am not in group of your "us". I don't recall anything you posted to improve HR, benefit HR community or something i don't already know about.

I suggest you lighten up. It was just a bit of tongue-in-cheek.

However, just 'watching the screen', or a video for that matter, doesn't tell you jack. Floaters get messed up. A video without a log is by no means 'evidence', not to mention a poor sample size. If you want an accurate picture - which seems to be the case here, as you called roots 'useless' in party - you'll have to use a parsing program.

-

And OP: If it's a straight-forward yes/no question, I'll go with 'No', but that's a PvE standpoint. As I mentioned earlier, there's too much damage already.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I go for strong yes for the simple reason that this change is most likely the best we can hope for.

There will be no big class overhaul for Hrs in a very long time if ever at all and if they start mess with our features/powers I have since long given up hope that the outcome would be an improvement.

I have also played this game since beta and Hr since first day the class went live and in my experiance this solution is absolut the only one I seen so far that the devs could manage with current manpower.

It is not like the Hr class has any whatsoever priority so lets just be frank and realize that if we get any improvement at all we can consider us lucky.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Just buff my stabby please. I WANTZ TO STABBY!

Melee at-wills are a complete joke. The GWF and GF deal like 100x more damage with their melee at-wills.

Can't we have the option between shooting and slicing thing?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Melee at-wills are a complete joke. The GWF and GF deal like 100x more damage with their melee at-wills.

i also think melee hr should have a very strong % of damage related to at wills.
    archery just needs way stronger feats and 10x higher survivability but the idea is there and pretty much working
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    rayrdan said:

ghoulz66 said:

i also think melee hr should have a very strong % of damage related to at wills.
    archery just needs way stronger feats and 10x higher survivability but the idea is there and pretty much working
    CtG for example back from mod 2. After all this time and the level 70 cap and such, the damage had only gone up a slither all the while mobs have like 20x more HP than they used to way back then.

GWFs cried for a while. WMS got buffed. A little too much of a buff to be honest. HRs have remained on the ignore list.

HR is a far cry from what it was. Now I'm just killing my mobs with plants and roots. Using my blades is a waste of time now.
  • Options
    hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I'm interested what happened with Nimble Shot(Pathfinder) and Gusting Shot(Stormwarden) which were first concepts of HRs atwills. Funny concept was to give HRs sprint instead dodges. Let's back to subject. HRs will be in poor situation, if Cryptic is going to fix Swiftness & Master Trapper. Like for me, HR need have bonuses from powers like have OP. Other for Stormwarden, other for Pathfinder.
  • Options
    userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

userutf8 said:

5. cooldowns on these powers should be balanced to prevent longstrider multistacking, on the other hand trapper must be able to spam it.

I hope u dont mean by increasing the cooldown of longstrider cause that will hurt archer tree in pve.
    Nope, i meant exactly what i said. If gushing wound CDR is fixed in both ways, then longstrider cooldown must be balanced. Most likely cooldown will be shorter after balancing.
    As for archer... it needs too much work. And again, plain increase of base damage won't make it better than trapper, lol.
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    userutf8 said:

kangkeok said:

userutf8 said:

5. cooldowns on these powers should be balanced to prevent longstrider multistacking, on the other hand trapper must be able to spam it.

I hope u dont mean by increasing the cooldown of longstrider cause that will hurt archer tree in pve.
    Nope, i meant exactly what i said. If gushing wound CDR is fixed in both ways, then longstrider cooldown must be balanced. Most likely cooldown will be shorter after balancing.
    As for archer... it needs too much work. And again, plain increase of base damage won't make it better than trapper, lol.
    Thats good. The last thing i want is increasing the gap between archer and trapper. It doesnt matter if increased base damage wont make archer better than trapper. As long as it buff up HR of all tree as a whole, i m fine with it.
  • Options
    masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I read most of the thing written in here. Here's my ideas:

-Coding the class is not that hard as you think it is.
    -If Cryptic sees any profit, they could just rework the class in a week, and test it in another, and then just push it alive.
    -Everyone posting this guys called "Sume" (if I'm not wrong). He's good, yet nothing new that another good HR doesn't know about. Let him stream a video with other 3.8K IL GWFs/GFs and then watch him on the DPS chart.
    -To the ones who think HRs are dealing a good damage in PvE, I wanna remind that GWFs are only spamming their level 1 at-will power and still do more damage than HRs. (I don't even mention that in the mean time, all HRs should think about the freaking rotations, AotS stacks, Deft Strikes etc. etc. while all the other damage dealers only take their buff and hit.)
    -Finally and unfortunately, HR will not get a rework. Even if it does, it won't be what everybody expects.
    -This is Cryptic we are talking about. The best Pay-2-win company I ever saw, and their approach to this beautiful game just killed the game as well as its player base.
    -I only play for a week or so, and then just quit it again when I see this game is all about robbing your money. It won't be any better. I know you enjoy playing the game, yet no matter what you feel, this game is dead :)
    (You might be wondering then why the hell I'm writing here. The only reason is, I believe the player base contains nice and smart people in it, and I like to share and exchange ideas with them.)
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    :) thnx for your thoughts old friend. It's one of those things, over the years I've put probably more cash into this game than I should have and my toon's like I dunno, an aspect of my personality now I guess. Damn, should never have ditched my gym membership, but the whole excercise freak thing was getting old. Neverwinter will get old too in time I suppose, but not just yet.
    No idea what my toon is now.