test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Switching 2x Professions to 2x Enchants & Runes! - 5/12

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Due to an issue that was discovered, we need to switch out the current 2x event for a new one. We'll bring back 2x Professions in the future after we fix the issue.

Sorry for any inconveniences or for anyone looking forward to 2x Professions.

With Siege of Neverwinter on, 2x Enchants works well for the new Quartermaster Enchant!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Will this impact anyone who has the black ice forge upgrade tasks in progress?

(Thanks for the response, glad to hear it should not!)
    Post edited by alphastream on
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Will this impact anyone who has the black ice forge upgrade tasks in progress?

Once the task is in progress, it's expected to complete without taking extra resources.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Oh come on, there's obviously some exploit they need to stop -- most likely related to the Siege profession. Why would canceling an event be an effective marketing ploy?
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    After the skillnode nerf, it should be 2x Enchants forever, going forward.
    @magenubbie LOL. Good post. Keynesian desert was a nice touch.
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User

Oh come on, there's obviously some exploit they need to stop -- most likely related to the Siege profession. Why would canceling an event be an effective marketing ploy?

Do I look like I work for Cryptic and know what they're gonna put in the zen store before double enchants? Sorry.

I'm not sure what's worse now. Reading the announcement, my disappointment when I replied or me already feeling like I really should stop caring about any of all this.
    All of the above and none of the above all at once.............. just remember we play games to have fun and when they are no longer fun we no longer play. Do you still play kick the can?

Seriously, going by past history its not rocket science here to believe there is more fly attraction than bug killer going on.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    This is the second time in a row that players have been blockaded from running their final Black Ice Shaping forge upgrade at a discount (if they didn't manage to start it prior to switching events). It's a bad failure to deliver on a promised quality of life improvement.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    Omg I've been waiting for this event like from when it was first announced. I'm filled with guild marks and maps on my inventory and didnt even get to gather one single map :((((((((((((
    I really hope you fix this problem soon, don't postpone it for much time I'm begging u. I stopped doing masterwork professions waiting for that event.

A sad average user.
    If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • Options
    zefirootzefiroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    I started using 1 of my charts and saw I wasn't getting double resources. I was in shock when I saw the switch. I am disappointed because I wanted to use those charts, but I figured there has to be some exploit. Ah, well.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    any news on new redo "overhauling" with leaderships and few others that need serious updates?
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User

With Siege of Neverwinter on, 2x Enchants works well for the new Quartermaster Enchant!

The comment/taunt on top of the failure - You realize the epic version of quartermaster bags gives rank 1 and rank 2 enchants ?

So ppl can get 2x rank 2 stones (that is with R7+ quartermaster) at 1% while spending 50-150k per stone to level it up/ buy
    and ah also maybe buy more wards :) just no :)

Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    tervalastervalas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I can give a flying hoot about somebodies exploit or another. I want my 2 x profession back or if they have to postpone this then as a make-up make it twice as long next week or 3x or even 4x next weekend. This is not fare to the rest of us who was not exploiting the system and was playing normal. I been waiting for weeks for this and plan things out accordingly. I wasn't adventuring but doing professions this weekend. Now I have plans so no adventuring for the 2x stones and why do anything because someone will find an exploit and they take away whatever I look forward to next. No mor buying ZEN for me if they are going to do me in like this.
  • Options
    zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    @strumslinger,@terramak ,@miasmat

I put so much AD and real cash into getting scrolls to help my guild mates to level our stronghold specifically for this event, so we could get extra resources to create SH armor. I waited and didn't craft anyone's armor for a week to make sure we had lots of extra because the fail rate is stupid hard for masterclasses. This event was awesome, just what we needed. finally. I got to use it for about 5 minutes and it was taken away. I am so pissed I damn near deleted my account.

let me state,

I don't need the double enchantments, i'm an endgame player that hangs on hoping you stop nerfing my game play. I play totally legitimate. no risk of bans, no buying from outside sources. i'm the real deal for your franchise. I have money to spend, and i like people enough that i play with to invest in our guild. but man you are wearing me OUT.

First you took coalescents out of the tarmalune trade bar store. This effectively killed the game for my husband, because we focused on my character first. he quit, frustrated.

Second. you added a new way of queing for events/PVP ect. it was sort of successful, but most of my guild can't get into SH anymore, what to do? now they can't play the game to get the gear. oops. i know there is a channel, but its still weird to get into.

Third, you nerfed the pally, the only toon i have time to play, and have invested in. I rolled with it and am one of the few people who still play my class the way i built it.

now, my solution to all of the above was to start masterclass professions. I took some real life cash, invested in getting all of them done because my guild is not a huge guild, so they aren't able to have 8 people donate their time to the game the way i do. I had the ability, so i did it.

We found out that the success rate for each combination was not really 75%, because when you fail that last combination, you are totally out of AD, components, and luck. (not tears though, plenty of those)

We decided as a guild to get the boon for the guild that gave us double drops for MC. it was pretty much a necessity at this point to keep people having hope that they can play still without spending tons of money a month. look, reality is, you will have a pool of crazy people like me, that spend money, and then a whole lot of others that i log on for that benefit from my crazy. it keeps the game alive. without players there is no game.

So now we have this great event, that can really help out a lot of our poor college students, and people on fixed incomes due to disability that want to be end game players, but can't afford it. This event effectively made it so that if people worked their butts off, they could pay just 1/4 of the cost of their ridiculous gear. Don't think it is ridiculous? a CW Breastplate takes a whopping 127 combinations and 218 components. Components that require scrolls and guild marks. for 1 try. this is only if every single combination works perfectly. in reality, double that cost.

I encouraged everyone to donate like crazy, and we focused completely on elevating our stronghold to the level where we could get the boon that doubles components, combined with the event, it made all of that plausible. AND WE DID IT. over 900k tyranny in 2 days. BAMN.

and you CANCELLED THE EVENT. because something is "broken"

I damn near deleted my account, and walked away. but i like the people i play with, and it wouldn't be fair to them to have a temper tantrum and leave. This isn't about the "oh wah you don't get 4 drops per node, only 2" this is about the fact that every time it seems like i get an exciting day in neverwinter, it is taken away. with 0 explanation.

so i WANT THE TRUTH. why did you cancel the event. What was so broken that you decided to just stop it? Was it because MC was double dropping and you didn't intend it to go that way? Just be honest, i can handle the honesty. but I have all these scrolls sitting here, and I don't know if i should just use em up for double the resources, or wait until you reinstate the event. I can't express to you how angry i will be if i make everyone wait for 4 weeks just to get screwed if the event comes back and the MC drop rate is what you changed. If i spend them now, and the event comes back next weekend, i'm gonna throw up. Please for the love of god, throw me a bone here. why are you treating us like a bunch of jerks? I pay good money to support your product, can i get an honest answer?

Sugar
    Tornado of Souls

Post edited by zularose on
  • Options
    cwkummercwkummer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    zularose said:

so i WANT THE TRUTH. why did you cancel the event. What was so broken that you decided to just stop it? Was it because MC was double dropping and you didn't intend it to go that way? Just be honest, i can handle the honesty. but I have all these scrolls sitting here, and I don't know if i should just use em up for double the resources, or wait until you reinstate the event. I can't express to you how angry i will be if i make everyone wait for 4 weeks just to get screwed if the event comes back and the MC drop rate is what you changed. If i spend them now, and the event comes back next weekend, i'm gonna throw up. Please for the love of god, throw me a bone here. why are you treating us like a bunch of jerks? I pay good money to support your product, can i get an honest answer?

I would like the truth as well. I also have saved up a ton of scrolls and donated a ton to get our guild the Explorer's Guild boon, so I would like to know:

1. When you are bringing the double profession resources back.
    2. If we will get additional harvests from masterwork nodes.

Because, if you never intend to give us extra harvests on masterwork nodes, I can just use my maps now.

• Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    How about putting this in the launcher or somewhere else more visible? I was really confused this morning when my professions didn't get the xp I was expecting.
    I was really looking forward to this, now that leadership is mandatory again, it is a real nightmare to level up.
  • Options
    mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    wow this is bs
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Well, I guess I'm glad I managed to at least start the process to upgrade to a rank 4 forge (and only because I was up late enough to log on soon after the maintenance), but I'm still pissed that I have to wait gods knows how long until rank 5.

And the new double professions event was supposed to double masterwork gains, too, from its very inception. So that's not the issue.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Well this just plain sucks. I have multiple characters with which I was going to upgrade the Ice Forge then their armour sets.

Yet another unwelcome Cryptic kick to my vulnerables :(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I had 40 more maps. thanks...
    and alliance update will kill the Explorer's chart business if every low level guild can access it then prices will drop...
    I will have to use it before.
  • Options
    almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    Before the 2xProfession (wednesday): "Yeesss, it's nearly here, I will get to level 5 of Black Ice profession, get an awesome mount to fit my doomguide set and upgrade my Dragonflight armor!! (super exited)

Now: Meh, I will just log for the daily Writ of Commendation and watch some series instead (very sad).

Why such things have to happen, the event started, it's not fair to cancel it once it started...yes the damned EULA (laws bla bla) allows you to do whatever your hearts desire, just have in mind that we customers have a memory, please be careful, alot of us likes this game...but things like this...they kill even the strongest bonds!

I also must thank you for the SH daily that awards x5 Defense Supplies Packs.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Andy > " Sorry guys we failed again" flies off to never post again in this tread so it can die off - no word on when and how this will be fixed/returned/compensated to the game.....
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    d66723225d66723225 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I waited for this double profession event for more then a month and now it gets cancelled before I can make use of it?
    Very dissapointing. I hope the replacement event is planned asap in one of the next couple weeks. I dont want to have to wait 1-2 months for the next one.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    zularose said:

so i WANT THE TRUTH. why did you cancel the event. What was so broken that you decided to just stop it? Was it because MC was double dropping and you didn't intend it to go that way? Just be honest, i can handle the honesty.
    I pay good money to support your product, can i get an honest answer?

Sugar
    Tornado of Souls

Not.
    Going.
    To.
    Happen...

Sadly, honesty is a rare commodity in these parts of the woods, even when it surely would be better to try and create some sort of trust?

But I'm pretty sure there will be as just as many answers from Cryptic about this, as when they sent out the "free" Coalescent wards twice to some players on Xbox.

Which was not a single word to even acknowledge it happening...
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    zularose said:

so i WANT THE TRUTH. why did you cancel the event. What was so broken that you decided to just stop it?

You won't get it because it will only give people knowledge of how stuff can break and weak points of the system.
  • Options
    In the patch notes they stated that during 2x prof. we will be getting 2x masterc. resources - that was intended; that is why I was disappointed. But if someone found some big exploit it is better to cancel the event then someone taking huge advantage of it - I dont know but maybe it would impact on game economy and botting.
  • Options
    zularosezularose Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    See, i don't need what the exploit was. I just need a time frame of if the event will come back, or if they are going to wait a month. I have a lot of scrolls waiting to be farmed up, and I have people waiting for armor. If the event is going to be put off for a month, then I will go get my supplies now. If they are bringing it back in a week, then I will wait. Also, i need to know if it will apply to Masterclasses, or if they decided to leave that out.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    So the new patch notes say - no more 2x masterwork resources. You guys were right - they screwed us over, and some ppl who used their charts are now richer.

I APOLOGIZE I was wrong - 2x resources will be given with event - just read an explanation in patch thread.
This discussion has been closed.