test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.60.20160410a.8

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2016 in Patch Notes (PC)
Sorry for the delay, but here they are. Pretty short this week.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9961173-release-notes:-nw.60.20160410a.8

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Deleted.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    Skill Nodes

In maps with a base enemy level of 71 or higher, skill nodes now properly drop gray-quality items instead of just nothing.

More sterling work from Cryptic. Skill Nodes always gave you something before the N E R F now, more often than not, we get cr@p (as in grey quality items). Why don't you just change Skill Nodes to Junk Nodes because that is essentially what they are now.

Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Items and Economy

Skill Nodes

In maps with a base enemy level of 71 or higher, skill nodes now properly drop gray-quality items instead of just nothing.
    Have we just been trolled @strumslinger? Because it sure feels like we have.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Still no fix on Paranoid overstacking?
  • Options
    rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    I already said: in WoD i opened an EMPTY Rare reward. Not Gray
    Don't nerf rewards and/or loot tables more than you already did.
  • Options
    baranyi515baranyi515 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Please, tell me why is it so hard to bring back the refinement things to the skill nodes and make them account - or even - character bound? You have made the game absolutely suck for alts and beginner players.
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Skill Nodes

More sterling work from Cryptic. Skill Nodes always gave you something before the N E R F now, more often than not, we get cr@p (as in grey quality items). Why don't you just change Skill Nodes to Junk Nodes because that is essentially what they are now.

Right!? This skill node botting fix is HAMSTER! If they really wanted a fix this without totally crippling players they would have just made all node RP account bound.

Also, their statement that r5s will drop more is HAMSTER too. There is no noticable difference of r5 drops for me.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    metalldjt said:

lirithiel said:

Skill Nodes

Right!? This skill node botting fix is HAMSTER! If they really wanted a fix this without totally crippling players they would have just made all node RP account bound.

Also, their statement that r5s will drop more is HAMSTER too. There is no noticable difference of r5 drops for me.
    tell me 1 player that made 1 stack of r5 from opening skill nodes in just few hours, and i will take players side. until then i do not care about what statements they say since or how you interpret them When it's clearly as day that they've done a good change, the only problem is that they have to reward the players that are doing dungeons/raids etc with more benefic RP.
    Running DR lair every day on 4 characters and opening every single skill node pre-nerf gave me a decent amount of RP. Now I barely shift RP over to a bank alt because nothing is coming in and I'm doing the exact same tasks. I'm considering running double Coffer Leadership tasks to compensate for the loss, and it is a loss any way you slice it.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    lirithiel said:

metalldjt said:

lirithiel said:

Skill Nodes

tell me 1 player that made 1 stack of r5 from opening skill nodes in just few hours, and i will take players side. until then i do not care about what statements they say since or how you interpret them When it's clearly as day that they've done a good change, the only problem is that they have to reward the players that are doing dungeons/raids etc with more benefic RP.
    Running DR lair every day on 4 characters and opening every single skill node pre-nerf gave me a decent amount of RP. Now I barely shift RP over to a bank alt because nothing is coming in and I'm doing the exact same tasks. I'm considering running double Coffer Leadership tasks to compensate for the loss, and it is a loss any way you slice it.
    I also take all three of my characters through the DR lair each day and have to agree. The loss of RP from the skill nodes has seen a significant drop in the amount of RP I pick up every day. I will continue to run DR lairs as they are still a good source of SMOPs and GMOPs as well as the only source of GM of Power, Stability and Union. I no longer need to find another Eye of Lathander as all three of my characters have one now :)

One way I have been able to make up for the loss is by equipping all of my characters with a mount that runs Wanderer's Fortune. A long time ago, I picked up the Feywild Pack at either 20% or 50% discount (I forget which) which gave me the Dawn Unicorn. Combined with the Sylph, which is just my favourite companion, this was my best ever acount wide purchase. That the Dawn Unicorn gave me Wanderer's Fortune for all my characters was just the icing on the cake :)

Some people forget that not everyone spends there every playing minute paticipating in group activities. Boons have to be earned through solo stuff, so it is nice when you can also pick up the all so essential RP items as part of this daily routine. Restricting it increasingly to group activities is just making life increasingly difficult for players who do not devote most of their time to that aspect of the game for whatever reason.

• Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Where is the CW overhaul?
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    swoods74swoods74 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Why not just remove the skill nodes, i'd rather have the empty bag slot than some grey worth a few copper trying to reside there.
  • Options
    seseorang#7782 seseorang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    fix moonbear mount insignia bonus please
  • Options
    pr0gr4mm3rpr0gr4mm3r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I don't understand what is so hard with looking for the bot and seller accounts, and disable/delete them or the accounts holding for them, instead of punishing ALL the actual players with updates such as useless skill nodes; it's not even worth buying nature kits and such anymore. You'd also save some massive bandwidth/server capacity by doing some serious bot-hunt.
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

I don't understand what is so hard with looking for the bot and seller accounts, and disable/delete them or the accounts holding for them, instead of punishing ALL the actual players with updates such as useless skill nodes; it's not even worth buying nature kits and such anymore. You'd also save some massive bandwidth/server capacity by doing some serious bot-hunt.

Last time they let an algorithm ban bots a lot of legitimate players got banned for botting in Winter Festival.

I also agree with what was said above, I don't think there is a single legitmate player got an arti to Mythic looting nodes, it's far quicker to loot dead mobs, although the increase in rank 5 drops from mobs was pitifully low.

• Options
    jano55kjano55k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Oh goody! Just what I wanted... skill nodes giving me gray-quality items? I prefer to get nothing you know? At least "nothing" doesn't fill my bags with HAMSTER.
  • Options
    pekupekuipekupekui Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Thank you for fixing the Paranoid Delussion companion... It was weird and wrong to see every mob get thrown into the air... Assuming it's really fixed. Sometimes I don't really trust what the patch notes say. I wonder why?
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    :(

Keep up the good work this patch is really phenomenal! I can't wait to gather all those idols i was missing in skill nodes.
  • Options
    rannonhurannonhu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Great stuffs:
    - professions
    - foundry
    - skill nodes
    - t2 dungeons + nice boe loots
    Oups! These were long time ago...
  • Options
    magilla666magilla666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Skill Nodes

What's wrong? Don't you need to fill your bags with character-bound green insignia worth 2 silver?

Trash the nodes- completely.

Forget the fact you can't get anything useful out of them anymore; they now have the absolute worst trait you can possible have in any RPG- they're no longer fun.
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I've seen two times now that the devs have penalized people who play the game correctly to deal with those who abuse it or don't play it properly and this seems backwards. One was when the Rhix daily quests for Ad's were removed because according to your own notice, people were forgetting to do them, so because they were forgetful, the rest of us who were not forgetful and playing the game as intended paid a price and lost the quests. Now the refining items which were the only useful thing to drop from those nodes have been removed because of player abuse. Again, those who play the game correctly are punished because some others do the wrong thing. This is like banning something in RL because a minority abuse it, or forcing bars to close early because some people can't drink responsibly and the police can't do their job and control them. Taking it out on the majority because of the actions of a few is never a good policy. Guys at Neverwinter, you are setting the wrong precedent, work harder to deal with those who are not playing the game as intended, and let the rest of us who do play it properly enjoy what it has to offer without having us punished due to other's bad behaviour or because they can't get their you-know-what-together.
  • Options
    elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    What's wrong? Don't you need to fill your bags with character-bound green insignia worth 2 silver?

Trash the nodes- completely.

Forget the fact you can't get anything useful out of them anymore; they now have the absolute worst trait you can possible have in any RPG- they're no longer fun.

So far, between 5 alts, I have found 3 insignia. No danger of filling the bags any time soon.
  • Options
    rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    @aganway is right, Cryptic nerfs what can't control, poor move that demonstrate insufficient knowledge of game's health. Are the well known bugs Working As Intended? They are more like Design Flaws or faults or fails. What's about Quality of Life? Where is my rice bowl? :s
  • Options
    be4marcbe4marc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    aganway said:

I've seen two times now that the devs have penalized people who play the game correctly to deal with those who abuse it or don't play it properly and this seems backwards. One was when the Rhix daily quests for Ad's were removed because according to your own notice, people were forgetting to do them, so because they were forgetful, the rest of us who were not forgetful and playing the game as intended paid a price and lost the quests. Now the refining items which were the only useful thing to drop from those nodes have been removed because of player abuse. Again, those who play the game correctly are punished because some others do the wrong thing. This is like banning something in RL because a minority abuse it, or forcing bars to close early because some people can't drink responsibly and the police can't do their job and control them. Taking it out on the majority because of the actions of a few is never a good policy. Guys at Neverwinter, you are setting the wrong precedent, work harder to deal with those who are not playing the game as intended, and let the rest of us who do play it properly enjoy what it has to offer without having us punished due to other's bad behaviour or because they can't get their you-know-what-together.

Please, do not forget, the refining items where the only way to access higher character ranks/quality, while their (developers) quest is to generate more real life cash, it stops the regular player to increase the value of their gears and equipment, thus cutting the fun and forcing them to buy more if they want to advance in the game. I would call that "soft extortion".
    The Price of Pride is 7 Billion Death.

Le Prix de la Fierte est 7 Milliards de Morts.
  • Options
    eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Hmmm. I really want to keep playing this but it's becoming more and more a problem. Mod 5 never had issues like these. Are they really that greedy not to care about their fan/player base? Especially the lower class players/beginners? Are they reading this just laughing right now? If greed wasn't such an issue, this game would be amazing.
  • Options
    juliofp70juliofp70 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    I cant login after this patch... keeps giving error 36... can someone help me?
    GF Your Personal Yeti - Strawberry Yakuza
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Skill nodes: Pretty much the same fix as leadership. Break it and leave it broken.
    These nodes make no sense now, unless you're one of the few left trying to get some green insignas.

I've not seen any increase in RP drops in-game, not even slighly.

And don't forget this will make new players suffer upgrading since every RP source gets nerfed 3 months after it comes out.
    This sales model requires new players for the churn, but freezing out new players from progressing.
    Maybe it made some sense to some bean-counter, like Mod 6 did...Hey, lets turn difficulty to 11 and force health-stones as the alternative to dying every 90 seconds? *70% of players evaporate*
    arabatur said:

Have we just been trolled @strumslinger? Because it sure feels like we have.

They should of made it the double skill node event today for an epic troll.
  • Options
    rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
    dsn1118 said:

Still no fix on Paranoid overstacking?

There's a fix for this in the pipeline -- it wasn't so much a problem with Paranoid Delusion per se, as a problem with bonding runestones that Paranoid Delusion really took advantage of. (And don't worry, if you weren't overstacking, the fix won't nerf you at all -- in fact it will improve you slightly, or more than slightly if you are wanting to use a slower-attacking companion.)
This discussion has been closed.