test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Siege of Neverwinter Returns!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Sharpen those blades and prepare to defend the city in the updated Siege of Neverwinter!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9958273-the-siege-of-neverwinter-returns!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I'm looking forward to getting more Quartermaster's Enchantments. I already had some (Salvager's) enchantments from previous sieges, and when they upgraded them I had a preview of the new drops.

Spoils of War is worth 350 points in Surplus Equipment, and can drop ~every minute if you have 3 rank 7 enchantments. This is a much faster way to gain Surplus Equipment for the guild coffers than the crafting tasks I've been running.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I'm looking forward to getting more Quartermaster's Enchantments. I already had some (Salvager's) enchantments from previous sieges, and when they upgraded them I had a preview of the new drops.

Spoils of War is worth 350 points in Surplus Equipment, and can drop ~every minute if you have 3 rank 7 enchantments. This is a much faster way to gain Surplus Equipment for the guild coffers than the crafting tasks I've been running.

I got the impression from chatter that they are only* good for surplus? I didn't have any from before and wasn't going to buy at the price they jumped to.

*Not to say that isn't swell, just to confirm they are a one-resource-wonder.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I've been using a couple Salvager's Enchantments rank 7 for a while -- just for something different to have in utility slots. The drops included minor resonance stones, injury kits, potions and unidentified gear,

Upgrading from rank 7 is supposed to increase the value of those drops, I don't have any data on that.

Even if they aren't better, it's an easy way for me to contribute significant amounts of Surplus Equipment without having to sacrifice the AD return from salvaging epic gear.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The event blog still mentions the Black Horse as a possible prize from the Neverwintan Defender's Pack. This is the same as a horse you can buy with Zen, but in the original Siege, it was a BoE version of the mount. I had one in shared storage when we converted to the new mount system, and it became a BoP mount, probably because the need to code two different versions of it to preserve the event mount was overlooked. I've asked about it a couple of times since, but still have no confirmation that it won't be BoP from the event pack.

BoP event mounts are fine when you buy from a vendor, but really unfortunate when they are in a random loot table.

Also, the event pack can hold a refiner's cache, or a companion fortification kit. Refiner's caches have been adjusted so that their contents remain relevant to the current state of the game. Companion fortification kits were replaced rather than adjusted, and if the outdated item is still possible event loot, they'll be a pretty serious letdown at this time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Great Event, but with mobs scaled to lvl 60 it's way too easy. I hope it will be changed in the future.
  • Options
    xaansteelxaansteel Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    This is fantastic, my guild is smaller and we let pretty much anybody relatively active in, we try hard to build up the newer players and help them through things, teach them things, etc. It's a lot of fun but also a bit frustrating sometimes because many of the members are still getting through campaigns and can't contribute much to the coffers, so getting boons and dragonflight stuff has been a long uphill battle. But all of the vouchers we're getting is a huge boost and now we'll actually be able to get some of the stuff we want reasonably fast. The blue mount is also excellent for some of the newer players, they can get a decent mount while contributing to the coffers.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2016

General Valwryn observes the Battlefield

The Neverwinter Champion's Charger, rides like the parade Horse. The only bonus on it is Champion's Return. Hopefully it comes in different color's later on. B)
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    I'm really enjoying this event this year- thanks. And thanks for the updates on the horn and other items.

:)<3:)
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Thanks for showering us with Stronghold Vouchers.