test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My armor is ...bleeding

phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
Since yesterday the armor of my main character appears to be bleeding. Like when you have a bloodtheft enchant slotted, except I don't. The effect of my actual enchantment is also there. Doesn't seem to be anything else than visual though, my armor is not healing me or anything.

Comments

• Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    i have this too. i use the white dye so it shows up pretty clear, not full bloodtheft, but like the lowest setting.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Me and @archangelzorak01 have both been having this, but only on one character each. I have a negation, he has a Soulforged. So far we cant figure out what is causing it.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    A guildie has mentioned something similar:
    Since the last patch, I have noticed something weird. Every enemy I hit, even the training dummies, I see an animation of a cloud of blood explode from them. This blood then travels through the air into me, followed by a smaller cloud of blood around me. It happens all the time! At-wills, encounters, AoE's, there is blood flying everywhere on the screen...
    What on earth is this animation? How do I stop it? My gear is a mix of drow and alliance gear. I only have one enchant. It is an armor enchant called barkskin, or barkshield, or something like that. I own a bloodtheft enchant that I got from a box. But I never equipped it, and I put it in my bank and the animation continues....

I don't get any healing "green" numbers after the blood flies to me....
    @strumslinger @terramak -- do you guys have any insight to this?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    afaik It's Displace Fate boon effect (last one in Maze Engine)
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    kacezet said:

afaik It's Displace Fate boon effect (last one in Maze Engine)

I did recently get that boon, so that may be it.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Title says it all - somehow i got his :
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
  • Options
    Yes, seems after i respeced on PTR (boons reset) it goes away.... now on top of the negation that only alows a blue color scheme i have red....

mods pls merge with other topic - as issue is known.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    Tried retraining on PTR - without boon it disappears

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Merged the topics. Thanks for the heads up.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    For the past few weeks, we've been seeing some real weirdness: bloody streaks on our armor. If we swap armor pieces it still remains, if we swap out enchantments it remains, and even if we switch to the fashion set it's still there. Only removing the chest armor piece entirely makes it go away. Has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas?

screenshot 2016 04 30 00 15 33
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    xeguevaraxeguevara Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    its from a boon, displaced fate (when you are below 30% hp you get 60% dr) from the maze engine campaign, it starts when you get this boon.
  • Options
    isobella69isobella69 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    to get rid of this visual affect you have to respect your character to change the boon ..untill the devs get more requests to sort it out .I don't think many will like it because it appears over your existing armor enchantment .
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Maybe if we all send @strumslinger some coffee he can flag this ones with the devs? <3
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Ugly as hell.
    Most of the armour enchants are, though. It's a shame you can't disable the visuals like you can with capes/hoods.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I don't recall where I read it, but I interacted with somebody who claimed there was a correlation between Displace Fate causing the bleeding effect and use of the Dread enchant. I was not able to replicate this, and I see one affected character in this thread using Plague Fire as well.

(Edit: Oh, and incidentally, the boon still bleeds in the current Alliance build.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    meta4kingmeta4king Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I like the boon. It's a shame that I'm gonna have to respec just to get rid of the ugly animation. mixed with my color scheme and soulforge animation it's unbearable. I hope this gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    I notice that this bug (or... "feature"....) exists in the current preview build as well.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User

Ugly as hell.
    Most of the armour enchants are, though. It's a shame you can't disable the visuals like you can with capes/hoods.

I totally agree. Most of the enchant animations/effects are extremely aggressive and take over the entire look of your character. I suggest they make it so that you can customize the effect or turn it off completely. To customize you could choose a skin which you have previously had, as with companions as they rank up (you can still use previous skins no matter what the rank), if you have had a skin already and like the look of that effect you could just choose to keep that no matter how high the enchant was ranked-up, lower level animations/effects on enchants can be ok, but as they get more ranked-up they just become too over the top. At least have the option to have the animations working when you have your fight gear equipped but turn them off when you have fashion gear selected. You go to a lot of trouble to get your character looking a certain way with dyes etc, it is a joke that after all that effort the animation changes everything, colour etc. I just got the Turmian Merchant set for my character, the gold looked amazing on him when previewed, but when I equipped it everything disappeared because of the soulforged animation and the gold was all dim and dirty looking from the effect. I also recently got the Sinister Tome as well which was really nice, but after I ranked my Vorpal up to greater the whole book looked like a big blue blob with all detail disappearing and I had to abandon the Tome and go for another Orb which I was not happy about at all. Please devs, do something about this issue. Allow us to choose the skin for our enchants or turn them off altogether.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Enchants should be like companion skins, you can turn up and down the level of intensity you want. For the most part, if you use Soulforge or Negation, your armor is basically gone. Not sure about other enchants honestly....cause why bother lol.

Same thing with weapons. Since its not a Glow, its a wrap around the item, all that wonderful artwork you spent days creating is basically overwritten by the enchant.

I really can't believe this is still an issue.

For the record though, i may try and get that bloody look ;)
  • Options
    As I have said many times, while no dev has confirmed my take on the issue, armor enchant effects and appearances seem like they must be hardcoded into a package deal. They likely can't let us disable or even change the animation without correspondingly disabling or downgrading the enchant effect, and this is why every time people beg them to allow it, the answer is put off as "a lot harder than you'd think".

Not excusing it, as I think it was a terribly short-sighted way to create these items, but that very much looks to be what's going on.

As for the Displace Fate boon, there is no logical reason for it to have the animation from Bloodtheft.

Neverwinter Census 2017