test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter: The Maze Engine is coming to Xbox One on May 3!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Delve into new breathtaking environments with exciting new gameplay mechanics to progress through The Maze Engine campaign. Traverse the Forgotten Realms with familiar faces such as Drizzt Do’Urden, Linu La’neral and Minsc & Boo to unravel the plans of the demon lord, Baphomet, the Horned King.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9900933-the-maze-engine-coming-to-xbox-one-on-may-3!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    First!!

Also, awsome!
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Very exciting! Thanks for the announcement. I hope you will let us know well in advance if there are any major changes from what has been released on the PC version :)
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    i will finally be able to ride my reanimated destrier as a 110% speed mount. yay!!!

the conversion to headless horseman is almost complete!!!
  • amastratusamastratus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can't wait, is there a way in future updates to change the status from character bound mounts to account after acquiring a mount from the AH or from a lockbox. There are are those of us whom either use the horse or pay for the 80% mount just to get by. I have 4 characters, 2 epics on 1& 1 each on 2 others.
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    So I'm just going to throw this out there..

@strumslinger Will our update for the Maze Module include the recent power changes announced and released on PC preview server.

Please respond and please be with a direct answer.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • unitedweevil679#9682 unitedweevil679 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Question regarding mechanics: if I have 5 separate mounts, is there a point in putting insignias in all 5, or just the active? I ask because companions seem to only take the active companion into consideration. (I may be wrong)
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    ftryda said:

@strumslinger Will our update for the Maze Module include the recent power changes announced and released on PC preview server.

Not immediately on May 3, but a few weeks after.

• ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Ty
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
    I noticed the only question answered did something the rest of us didnt, so I'll compile the questions I see so far and give it a shot.

@strumslinger here are some questions:

1. Will character bound mounts become account bound?

2. Do insignias in mounts that are not your active mount (mounts in stables) still trigger bonuses?

3. Does this upgrade still include the Stronghold price reduction?

4. Does this update address the glitch of vicious enchantments only counting as item level 7, despite higher rank? (Kind of annoying for those who rock vicious to have to change enchants twice just to get into some places)

5. Does this upgrade fix the glitched second part of epic demogorgon? (If you enter to fight goristro or whatever his name is too soon it cancels the fight and fails it for you)
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    May 3rd hm? Well I am glad to know when it is coming. I was thinking it was going to hit sooner and when it did not I was temped to just go on and rank up my black ice profession. But now that I know when I will hold off for now. I really want that black ice armor. It is still going to be a pain getting all my other ones to the right rank for it but it will be easier so that is good. Anyway I will not ramble. Thank you for letting us know.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

ftryda said:

Not immediately on May 3, but a few weeks after.
    Wait... I thought this was in testing and wasn't a sure thing yet... So if your telling us this is absolutely happening in may or june or whatever, does that mean that its been approved in the test servers on the PC already or more nefariously... does it mean that the test is just to soften the blow of yet another way the company stops players from finding solutions to their mistakes by using the very powers you give us in game in ways you don't think we can figure out or were possible? Seriously i know you say the "nerf" on OP and Cleric was to make people focus on the defense part of a build, but with lowly mobs having the ability to hit us for 200-300k a shot and kill almost instantly... no amount of DEFENSE or DEFLECT is going to help not dying all the time. The Armor Pen of those mobs in dungeons is insane.
    You are misunderstanding the purpose of the test server. Once a change is announced it will go live, no exceptions. It is only the degree of the change that is being tested.

What the test server does is help to determine if the individual parts of the changes are enough or not enough and allow for fine tuning the changes. The players on the test server will provide feedback about increased difficulty, changes not working and the like. The developers participate in these discussion, to a degree, and make changes or comment on why it will not change. The preview forums are a good read to understand the upgrade/change process in the game.

• heavenburns#5278 heavenburns Member Posts: 1 New User
    I like your post...Dont balance the game on the backs of the players ONLY....the NPCs will have to take a nerf too....The EPIC DUNGEONS should definitely be challenging, but the game looses all fun and desire to play when a specfic team or process is the only way to beat them....Developers dont want us all making same build and getting same armor/artifacts and becoming OP...they want us to be diverse and each strong in our own unique builds....Well to inspire that dont make dungeons we cant reasonably defeat ,unless we have specific builds....We are Gamers, we will figure it out, and if our options become to linear or lack creativity we will move on.
  • x30flokix30floki Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well, the two two over me exactly hit the point. Reaching level 70 (after hours of pure grinding for xp!), u havent come much far. When u are a fresh lvl 70 char, u are usually under 1600 GS, so u still have to get some ADs to reach the 1600 to finally start with elol & co.
    But there u go and enter the world of the real Problems. A 1,6k GS char, even a 1,8 GS char is 1. almost useless in any skirmish or dungeon and 2. often gets kicked (because he is useless..). Well, how to get better gear when having no chance to get any gear or AD? That's the point where we get to know that this is all free-to-play. Ftp is nice in one way, u dont have to pay for the game. But every ftp game has to create income for the developers.
    But I think the point-to-pay isn't right in Neverwinter. 1600 GS is nothing when u see People around 3,5k - 4k GS. Getting high-end gear (11-12 enchantments, transcende enchantments) should be expensive to buy or much to grind.
    But the first and easiest (well, elol still isnt easy when u are 2,5k, u still have to be concentrated!) dungeons and skirmishes should be challeging, when ur level 70 - but not killing the fun of fresh lvl 70 Players. Maybe there should be "easy" level 70 skirmishes and dungeons, giving the same AD (like normal temple of Spider), but no rank 130 gear.
    @strumslinger here are some questions:

1. Will character bound mounts become account bound?

2. Do insignias in mounts that are not your active mount (mounts in stables) still trigger bonuses?

3. Does this upgrade still include the Stronghold price reduction?

4. Does this update address the glitch of vicious enchantments only counting as item level 7, despite higher rank? (Kind of annoying for those who rock vicious to have to change enchants twice just to get into some places)

5. Does this upgrade fix the glitched second part of epic demogorgon? (If you enter to fight goristro or whatever his name is too soon it cancels the fight and fails it for you)
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    1. Character-bound mounts will still be character-bound mounts.
    2. Insignias in your stable count.
    3. Yes
    4. Yup
    5. Yup

Awesome, thanks.
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User

1. Character-bound mounts will still be character-bound mounts.
    2. Insignias in your stable count.
    3. Yes
    4. Yup
    5. Yup

Thank you, kind Sir.

Has anyone seen the guild size cutoff for various levels of coffer requirements?
  • docwizardsejuicedocwizardsejuice Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hi , very worried over all the madness I've been hear in about the impending DOom Nerf on Lostmauths set.. Pretty much I want to understand shortly why? And if this is happening may 3rd?
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Hi , very worried over all the madness I've been hear in about the impending DOom Nerf on Lostmauths set.. Pretty much I want to understand shortly why? And if this is happening may 3rd?

It is answered above about when and there is a whole thread and blog about why. It was never working as intended and players knew this.

arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9895123-power-changes-coming-to-neverwinter

And if you don't like the change, trade Lostmauth's for free for a set you do like when the changes go live.

arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9917183-lostmauth-set-exchange
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    In regards to the Stronghold Coffer adjustments, I have done some searches but not finding what I was hoping for...

What are/will be the guild size cutoffs for coffer requirements?

Are there tiers of coffer requirements based guild member numbers?

Will Alts count when considering the size of a guild or number of Gamer Tags?

Thank you for any information on this as I'm sure some Guild Leaders are considering their active member base and what should be done with inactive members.
    The way it's been explained to me, the number of players doesn't matter,it's what rank your guildhall is when the change goes live.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Delve into new breathtaking environments with exciting new gameplay mechanics to progress through The Maze Engine campaign. Traverse the Forgotten Realms with familiar faces such as Drizzt Do’Urden, Linu La’neral and Minsc & Boo to unravel the plans of the demon lord, Baphomet, the Horned King.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9900933-the-maze-engine-coming-to-xbox-one-on-may-3!

Glad to see some fixes in the classes. Well done.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
    Assuming it works like all other coupons, you only need the actual amount being spent, so 1750.
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    if we do get the coupon, im hoping i can wait until the 15th of may or later to get the pack and use it... if it goes way faster i dont think ill have the zen in time.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Well the handily placed x 2 AD certainly helps.

Edit: people talking about not being able to run dungeons at 1.6k? Honestly, if you've just reached 70 with that IL then you should really spend your first 3 weeks running Dread Ring, Sharandar & completing Tyranny.

I know it says 1600 for T1's on the board but that's an absolute minimum, not the recommended level. If you go in at 1.6k you need to be carried by the rest of the team.

Work on your boons, buy an artifact set & level it to blue (higher if you can afford), do Demonic Heroics in Dread Ring for underdark boons & you'll also earn enough for a couple of pieces of Drow T2 gear - and get your gemmed elemental pants & shirt.

Once you've done this you're about ready to start on T1's. The biggest mistake people make is going into these things with stats that do nothing to the enemy. Most have resistance ignored below 40% and less than 2k defence.

My new GWF & SW are around 2.2k & have guild boons but I still don't consider them ready for dungeons - I'll be happy enough to start taking them there when they have more boons, all purple gear and sit at 2.5k+.

This game is a marathon, not a sprint and hitting L70 is the beginning of your development, not the end.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    you can also get drow underclothes instead of the gemmed gear to get going if you don't have your ducks in a row for crafting or enough AD to purchase in the AH.