test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions for Chris Perkins!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone,

For our D&D fans, we have an awesome opportunity to work with Chris Perkins, D&D game designer and Dungeon Master extraordinaire, in our upcoming Portobello's Campaign! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9867223-neverwinter:-unveiling-portobello's-campaign!

If you have any questions for him, now's your chance! We'll post a blog about it in the next week or so.

Please note that Chris does not work for Cryptic or PWE, so he won't be able to answer game development questions for Neverwinter.

Questions accepted until Monday 3/21 at 2pm PT.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    the 2 first questions I can think of:
    Has Chris Perkins played the neverwintergame himself?

And the second one...
    Would he like to create/voice a respen's game dungeon? (or even beter a whole campaign?)
    Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    I gave you a slew of questions a while back...let me see if I can recall some. Alas it is late and my mind is shutting down.

What contribution to D&D has he made which he is most proud of?

What contribution to D&D has he made that he regrets?

What changes would he like to see to the game now that Fifth Edition has been out for roughly a year?
  • mhersheymhershey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Can the gargoyles make an appearance in Neverwinter? please?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Again, Chris Perkins works for Wizards of the Coast. He is not a developer for NW.

He will not be able to answer any questions regarding current or future development plans for Neverwinter.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    ok, cool, i would like to see a new race adding to players' roster of characters.

Goliaths (known as Aesir) half-human/giant variants.

and new questions about a new prestige skill class, special class for epic skills.
    for example,
    Monks (not in NWO yet), later when they reach specific level and earn new prestige abilities as "Dragon disciples"
    Paladins get prestige skills as Templars in advanced levels.
  • jpalo316jpalo316 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User

Again, Chris Perkins works for Wizards of the Coast. He is not a developer for NW.

He will not be able to answer any questions regarding current or future development plans for Neverwinter.

Since his involvement with the upcoming Respen event was announced, can he be asked questions about that?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    mhershey said:

Can the gargoyles make an appearance in Neverwinter? please?

Judging by the Portobello trailer, yes. Yes, they can.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    1. How would you recommend a brand new player who has never played tabletop D&D get started with playing?
    2. What's your favorite memory of a D&D game?
    3. Do you play Neverwinter - if so, what race and class do you play?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Yup, questions about his work with the new Portobello's Campaign are more than welcome!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

This discussion has been closed.