test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter taught me something...

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
So I have started running the Stronghold-related Leadership tasks as part of my professions rotation, but the title of one of them was odd, (Corvee Labor). I did a little searching, and here's what a I found. Bravo to the devs for some historical vocabulary use:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvée
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I looked this up too.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Try Europa Universalis or any of those Paradox games. You'll learn all sorts of historical information, pretty sure that's where I picked up corvee. Neat though.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    lordbasl#2953 lordbasl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    This is sort of a tradition stretching back to Gary Gygax and the eaely days of D&D.He used a lot of anachronistic terms in spell names, et al, that writer Ken Hite called "Antiquated thesarus hide" in his eulogy of EGG, In my tabletop game, i use anachronistic NPC and place names mined from rich veins of historical lore to honor this tradition and to illuminate my fellows.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Where do you find these task?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

Where do you find these task?

They're leadership tasks, level 17 for Corvee labor and 23 for gather astral diamonds, IIRC.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    paradox Games are big time educational and addictively fun. I have 2k+ hours in both Ck2 and Eu4. Stellaris comes out in May and Hoi4 soon after.