test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The current 80% discount - storage space solution?

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
With Mod 9 our storage space issues are going to get ever worse than before. We are going to get new enchants and insignia drops, probably in BoE, BtC and BtA variants.

It is funny that one of the supposed benefits of the current refining system was that it would save on inventory space - no longer would we need to keep stacks of R1, R2, R3, R4.... versions of every single enchants....well, it worked for a while, but then we got 3-4 different binding versions of every enchant and refinement stone, so yeah...bank space and inventory filled up quickly again.

Another issue that creates storage issues for many is the difficulty of making AD, and 2xAD events are few and far between. Still, I wait for those events, and in the meantime I hoard my +1 and +2 rings from the Demonic HEs and well as any sigil-bought ring I have no need for, and all the salvageable dungeon drops I get. It adds up, and I have to store this somewhere.

However, now we get an 80% discount on character slots. I don't know about you, but this solves my problem quite nicely. I spent 400 Zen on 8 slots, and considering that I had bought the dragonborn pack already, I have 76 storage slots for new each character.

A bit of hassle in transferring stuff, but this is so much, much cheaper than buying more bank slots.

So, get your pack mule characters, everyone :)
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• Options
    blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    You can just email yourself stuff for free. I've got about 7 or 8 emails sitting in my inbox with various stuff i want to keep but don't want clogging up my inventory.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

You can just email yourself stuff for free. I've got about 7 or 8 emails sitting in my inbox with various stuff i want to keep but don't want clogging up my inventory.

There is a hard limit to that, and I reached that already.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Good to know for the players, i myself got chars for bind on account marks, boa skins, boa refinement, boa gear and same with nonbound aaand some with cheap r4/5, till the 'awesome' 2*RP comes. just hate those pesky invoking bags non stacking and filling up any bag fast.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    adinosii said:

There is a hard limit to that, and I reached that already.
    Also not the most secure form of storage; if something goes wrong and those messages vanish, the items in them are lost, CS can't (or so they claim) restore items lost in the mail or shared bank slots.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    I have been doing that for a long time. I had 4 unused character slots before this sales. They would be used if I really need more storage space. Now, I bought more for "reserve". :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    eocrooseocroos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    Make a alt guild and buy up some bank slots. Might be expensive but if space is that important then go for it.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    I have a 9 character storage system with a side guild storing lockboxes and event stuff (companions, foods, etc). Still managing bag space is a pain and it would be nice to finish daily's without having to stop and mail myself stuff. When you count in all the RP stuffs, carrying multiple armor configurations, guild currencies, quest items, character bound stuff, 4 types of skill kits, invocation blessing, fish, 10 different types of keys, 2 types of health potions, id scrolls, etc.. you can't help but feel its intentional.

Let's make a fetch quest... you know what if we make them deliver something or retrieve something it will use up more bag space. Good idea, now lets create need for multiple armor sets and potions, okay lets create a special but different key for everything in the game.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    I think it's a great deal. But no, it isnt a proper solution to the individual character storage issues players currently and even moreso after the new mod, will face.

I honestly find it rather sickening, if this is PWE's proposed solution. But I dont think it is, just well timed to bank on the players concerns.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    I don't think they have the sales solely to produce more storage. I think that is just a side effect.
    I think they have sales is to push players to have profession army so that with mod 9, small guild can be easier to build up SH.
    Of course, this is about revenue too but on the other hand, if they have a 50% off instead, many people will still jump on it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***